Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,609 members, 7,861,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

I Have Given Up On Integrity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Given Up On Integrity (316 Views)

Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation, Salute To Honour, Integrity – APC / ICC Denies Rating Buhari On Integrity / "I Have Finally Given Up On Our Igbo Brains" Lady Reacts To Claims Over Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have Given Up On Integrity by pimper24: 10:07am On May 12, 2017
I work as a compliance officer in an organization and was sent on a due diligence mission to check contractors before selection in a multi million Naira contract. This mission came after we were mandated by one of the dreaded financial regulatory bodies to do so. One of the organizations I visited comprised of two alhajas as the head. From my findings, they have been handling a lot of contracts without proper documentation and I discovered other irregularities. In the course of questioning, the head of the organization, a huge lady flared up and threatened to walk me out of her office. She said she was going to call my boss to ask why I was sent to her office. She went out and spoke on phone for almost 10 minutes. She came back and started raining insults on me. At that point I left. I wrote my report when I came back from the trip detailing the discovered irregularities and the unruly behavior meted out to me by the CEO of the company. In one of the strategic meetings, I narrated my experience and other staff were so angry. To cut a long story short, the company has been retained to handles a 40 million Naira contract. I was equally told that one of my bosses called me names in the selection meeting.
Gentlemen and ladies of Nigeria, it may be difficult to remain above board in this place called Nigeria. This is just one of my few experience in similar circumstances. If I am not able to relocate as I am trying to do, I will join the train. I don't even know what lies ahead as a result of this last issue. Everyone including relations have been warning me not to run into problems trying to be the good one. "do what they want and be safe". My wife equally threatened to "walk away" if I loose the job for trying to sanitize the country. They all said it's not worth it. The best option is just to leave the country. And if I cannot realize it, I'm sorry I'm in.
Re: I Have Given Up On Integrity by a2personal2013: 10:35am On May 12, 2017
grin grin grin
Welcome to the real world. A thousand Buhari and a million EFCC cannot change this country. We need a reset of our mentality. Its sad that this has become normal in our society and people like you are seen as abnormal.

Take heart, we can only believe there is hope.
Re: I Have Given Up On Integrity by Blue3k(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2017
Wow that's terrible raining insults for doing job. Can you submit report to annother auditing department that isn't under control of boss? My friends mom does accountING and has deal with these sort of issues. People who bark loudest have most dirt.

Anyway keep your head up. You stumbled on to something.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senate Threatens CBN, NNPC, Others Over Failure To Submit Budgets / ”buhari Is Sick, He Should Resign Immediately Or Be Impeached” – Angry Nigerian / Revealed: APC, Not Boko Haram, Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Bring Down Jonathan - L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.