Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense (1601 Views)

What Trump Just Did Could Cause Civil War / Donald Trump Just Posted This Photo Of Him On Twitter / Expensive Error Donald Trump Just Made That Has Got Americans Talking.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 12, 2017
By firing James Comey, Trump has put impeachment on the table

A whiff of obstruction of justice is in the air.

The old saw that the cover-up is worse than the crime often obscures more than it reveals. But in the case of President Donald Trump’s firing of FBI Director James Comey, it carries an important element of truth. It escalates the administration’s Russia scandal, and, for the first time, provides indications of impeachable offenses.

Nothing we’ve seen credibly reported thus far about Trump and Russia would amount to an impeachable offense, and indeed, it’s not really clear what allegations of “collusion” on the campaign trail would really amount to even if proven.

Firing the FBI director in order to obstruct an ongoing investigation would be different.

That obstruction charge is, of course, unproven as of Wednesday afternoon. But the probable cause is everywhere. And it makes a sham of the notion that replacing Comey with a well-qualified director or continuing with existing congressional inquiries is a sufficient remedy.

There needs to be a separate investigation — featuring sworn testimony from the key players and subpoenas of documents — into why Comey was fired. Was it because Trump suddenly decided in mid-May that Comey’s handling of the Clinton emails was unforgivable, or was it because Trump was trying to obstruct justice?

The answer makes a huge difference.

Media reports suggest obstruction of justice
Anonymously sourced journalism is not the same thing as sworn testimony or hard evidence. But it’s also indispensable to uncovering official wrongdoing. And Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning already brought forth plenty of evidence of wrongdoing:

The New York Times reports that “days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election.” NBC News says it can confirm that story, as have several other outlets.
CNN reports that grand jury subpoenas were “issued in recent weeks by the US Attorney's Office in Alexandria, Virginia,” targeting business associates of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.
A separate New York Times report states that Attorney General Jeff Sessions “had been working to come up with reasons” to fire Comey since at least last week, which partially explains why he eventually settled on reasons that contradict all of his previous statements about Comey.
Trump himself contradicted the stated reasons for the firing on Wednesday morning when he said Comey wasn’t “doing a good job” running the FBI.
A CNN report that Trump has since disputed says that Trump discussed firing Comey with Roger Stone, a longtime Trump political adviser with whom Trump has officially cut ties, and that Stone urged him to fire Comey.
Josh Dawsey of Politico reports that Trump “had grown enraged by the Russia investigation, two advisers said, frustrated by his inability to control the mushrooming narrative around Russia.”
Some or all of this reporting may prove to be false. But it has all been published by credible journalists in credible publications. And it adds up to a very clear picture of a president deciding to fire an FBI director to obstruct an ongoing investigation and then stitching together a shaky rationalization for doing so.

Impeachable, if true
Impeachment is, of course, a political process rather than a judicial one. Trump will be impeached and removed from office if a critical mass of members of Congress want him to be, and not otherwise. There are no formal criteria.

But obstruction of justice featured heavily in the articles of impeachment that drove Richard Nixon from office, and also in the articles of impeachment that passed the House only to see Bill Clinton narrowly acquitted in the Senate. In short, it lies firmly in the American political tradition to regard possible obstruction of justice as a serious issue worthy of investigation in an impeachment context.

is this it folks?
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 12, 2017
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 12, 2017
Trump has always believed that the russiangate is a hoax, many people do believe there is nothing to it. For me i think Trump was careless with who he surrounded himself with, the president being a poor judgement of character himself. So why fire the guy who is running the investigation?
If there was nothing to it why can't Trump let it slide?
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 2:26pm On May 12, 2017
beckNcall:
Trump has always believed that the russiangate is a hoax, many people do believe there is nothing to it. For me i think Trump was careless with who he surrounded himself with, the president being a poor judgement of character himself. So why fire the guy who is running the investigation?
If there was nothing to it why can't Trump let it slide?
I said from day 1 that Russiagate is reminiscent of Watergate. Once the Special Prosecutor is appointed, trump is done and some of his hanger ons will end up in jail. Trump is a shame and a black spot on America. I loathe the Buffon with every cells in my body.

1 Like

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by chubbyswit(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I said from day 1 that Russiagate is reminiscent of Watergate. Once the Special Prosecutor is appointed, trump is done and some of his hanger ons will end up in jail. Trump is a shame and a black spot on America. I loathe the Buffon with every cells in my body.
you might soon perish with your hate if you dont get back your sanity. Idiota

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 8:41pm On May 12, 2017
chubbyswit:
you might soon perish with your hate if you dont get back your sanity. Idiota
Thank God I am a citizen of a country where you can critique your leadership without being beaten, arrested or killed unlike some Third World Country. Critiqueing your leadership is the highest form of patriotism . I don't want my leaders to be like the worthless Thieflicians in Nigeria stealing billions of $ while an average Nigerian struggle to live on less than $2 a day.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by SalamRushdie: 12:11am On May 14, 2017
Liberals still dreaming while the American economy it's at its best in the last 20 years , more jobs , more growth , less border crossing an less crime. ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 12:27am On May 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Liberals still dreaming while the American economy it's at its best in the last 20 years , more jobs , more growth , less border crossing an less crime. ..
Why don't you stop this nonsense my friend . What economy is the best in the last 20 years ?. The idiotic trump is in big doo doo due to the mess he got himself to on Russia gate.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by SalamRushdie: 12:41am On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Why don't you stop this nonsense my friend . What economy is the best in the last 20 years ?. The idiotic trump is in big doo doo due to the mess he got himself to on Russia gate.

My Boss I salute been a while ..You have been scarce , I see you are enjoying the boisterous American economy more under Trump ..I have have taken the liberty to attach some beautiful statistics..Please help spread the good news about Trump.....Hows the family boss

1 Like

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 1:26am On May 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

My Boss I salute been a while ..You have been scarce , I see you are enjoying the boisterous American economy more under Trump ..I have have taken the liberty to attach some beautiful statistics..Please help spread the good news about Trump.....Hows the family boss
My friend, you are going through right wing propaganda blogs. It can only work on people like you who don't understand what's in the ground. Trump is a total disaster and his government is in shambles.If u believe the junk from Faux News, I have a beautiful bridge to sell to you in Brooklyn .

2 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by romme2u: 1:35am On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
My friend, you are going through right wing propaganda blogs. It can only work on people like you who don't understand what's in the ground. Trump is a total disaster and his government is in shambles.If u believe the junk from Faux News, I have a beautiful bridge to sell to you in Brooklyn .

yea i can relate

APC, Buhari, Punch - striking semblance.

1 Like

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 8:18am On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You are worse than a button! Cut off your useless balls and hand it over to women, then join bobrisky!

2 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 1:20pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

You are worse than a button! Cut off your useless balls and hand it over to women, then join bobrisky!
Why don't you cut off the balls of all the males in your lineage first and let's start from there. Face your worthless and corrupt leaders fool.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Why don't you cut off the balls of all the males in your lineage first and let's start from there. Face your worthless and corrupt leaders fool.
Donald Trump will continue to lead America whether trannies like you like it or not!
You are not a man cut off your useless balls and hand it over to bobrisky!

2 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Donald Trump will continue to lead America whether trannies like you like it or not!
You are not a man cut off your useless balls and hand it over to bobrisky!
Useless fooool, the idiots bastardizing Nigeria is not your problem but Donald the Scam is your fetish in a country you have no stake in. Trump doesn't give a damn about a third world hungry rat like you.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 5:12pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Useless fooool, the idiots bastardizing Nigeria is not your problem but Donald the Scam is your fetish in a country you have no stake in. Trump doesn't give a damn about a third world hungry rat like you.
Buhahahahahahaha! grin grin
I have humbly told you what to do. Go through my posts, I have absolutely no problem with Buhari. You tranny on the other hand wants to kill yourself over a man who defeated your feminist, homosexual promoting female gender supremacist Hillary Clinton. You are just whining like an ugly jilted girl. Like I so succinctly put earlier, do humanity a favor. Cut off your useless balls and hand them over to Bobrisky!
Donald the Trump will remain your Albatross for the next 8 years! Deal with it!

2 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Buhahahahahahaha! grin grin
I have humbly told you what to do. Go through my posts, I have absolutely no problem with Buhari. You tranny on the other hand wants to kill yourself over a man who defeated your feminist, homosexual promoting female gender supremacist Hillary Clinton. You are just whining like an ugly jilted girl. Like I so succinctly put earlier, do humanity a favor. Cut off your useless balls and hand them over to Bobrisky!
Donald the Trump will remain your Albatross for the next 8 years! Deal with it!
Worthless idiot like you living on less than $2 a day foaming about trump who doesn't give a Fvck about generic poverty ridden negro like you. Trump doesn't give a damn about minorities in America talk less of worthless third world nonentity like you. Your politicians are stealing billions of $ from the country while fools like you are dying of hunger . Piece of garbage using someone's name to cover for his poverty.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Worthless idiot like you living on less than $2 a day foaming about trump who doesn't give a Fvck about generic poverty ridden negro like you. Trump doesn't give a damn about minorities in America talk less of worthless third world nonentity like you. Your politicians are stealing billions of $ from the country while fools like you are dying of hunger . Piece of garbage using someone's name to cover for his poverty.
How much fvcks does Hillary Clinton your God give about Africa, impudent tranny? How much fvcks does she give about minorities in America except climbing on their poor heads for political reason.
Until you cut off your useless balls and hand them over to Bobrisky as instructed, you will never get sense!

Like I said earlier, you can happily hang yourself, Donald the Trump will continue to lead for the next eight years. Deal with it!

4 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

How much fvcks does Hillary Clinton your God give about Africa, impudent tranny? How much fvcks does she give about minorities in America except climbing on their poor heads for political reason.
Until you cut off your useless balls and hand them over to Bobrisky as instructed, you will never get sense!

Like I said earlier, you can happily hang yourself, Donald the Trump will continue to lead for the next eight years. Deal with it!
Brainfart. Obviously , the poverty ridden charred brain of yours should be Lobotomized immediately. The hunger in Nigeria must be doing a job on you to be so brainless. You are so obsessed about a country you have no stake with while your country is going down the sewage with nepotism, corruption and other vices. A fool like you who doesn't know what a balanced diet is foaming about a country you probably will never step your yellow eyes and Kwashiokor ridden body on. I bet you that your brain is charred thinking trump will give you your wanted Liberty. Trump never mention Africa and infact, he doesn't think of lowly peasant living on less than $2 a day like you. Go get a life before you finish your 1.000 Naira data.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 8:24pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Brainfart. Obviously , the poverty ridden charred brain of yours should be Lobotomized immediately. The hunger in Nigeria must be doing a job on you to be so brainless. You are so obsessed about a country you have no stake with while your country is going down the sewage with nepotism, corruption and other vices. A fool like you who doesn't know what a balanced diet is foaming about a country you probably will never step your yellow eyes and Kwashiokor ridden body on. I bet you that your brain is charred thinking trump will give you your wanted Liberty. Trump never mention Africa and infact, he doesn't think of lowly peasant living on less than $2 a day like you. Go get a life before you finish your 1.000 Naira data.
See this mumu tranny! I repeat again for your addled brain. How much fvcks does your God Hillary the Cunt give about Africa or minorities in the US? You talk about poverty. Majority of people in Nigeria hold their heads high. We laugh at fools like you who fight for that whitewashed witch and think they are smart. You claim you are smart and you live in the US yet your homosexual brain did not see Trump wining. Something we in Nigeria saw clearly. You are divorced from reality. I have told you. Unless you cut off your useless balls and hand them over to bobrisky, you will never have sense!

3 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 8:33pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

See this mumu tranny! I repeat again for your addled brain. How much fvcks does your God Hillary the Cunt give about Africa or minorities in the US? You talk about poverty. Majority of people in Nigeria hold their heads high. We laugh at fools like you who fight for that whitewashed witch and think they are smart. You claim you are smart and you live in the US yet your homosexual brain did not see Trump wining. Something we in Nigeria saw clearly. You are divorced from reality. I have told you. Unless you cut off your useless balls and hand them over to bobrisky, you will never have sense!
Braindwarf, Hillary lost and she moved on but a village skunk with a charred brain who have no dog in the fight is still foaming in the mouth. You are the one shouting about Hillary not me. You are hardly eating thrice a day but you are focused on a country you will probably never step your foot on. Nigeria politicians love fools like you because you are distracted while they are stealing billions of $ from the commonwealth. Go and hustle for your little peanuts so you can buy your little data. My data is unlimited. Piece of garbage .
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Braindwarf, Hillary lost and she moved on but a village skunk with a charred brain who have no dog in the fight is still foaming in the mouth. You are the one shouting about Hillary not me. You are hardly eating thrice a day but you are focused on a country you will probably never step your foot on. Nigeria politicians love fools like you because you are distracted while they are stealing billions of $ from the commonwealth. Go and hustle for your little peanuts so you can buy your little data. My data is unlimited. Piece of garbage .
Buhahahahaha! grin grin
Have your homosexual brain finally accepted defeat and bowed down to the Maxim ruler Donald the Trump?
Eating thrice a day is not a sign of wealth, my dear tranny! Our sweet country still have the richest black man and woman in the world. You are there subsisting on US government social welfare and you dare to talk to me. It is sure a sign of hunger when all you talk about is food. You are the hungry one! And you still lacking good sense. Let me repeat again for the umpteenth time, unless you cut off your useless balls and hand them over to bobrisky,you will never get sense!

2 Likes

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 9:10pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Buhahahahaha! grin grin
Have your homosexual brain finally accepted defeat and bowed down to the Maxim ruler Donald the Trump?
Eating thrice a day is not a sign of wealth, my dear tranny! Our sweet country still have the richest black man and woman in the world. You are there subsisting on US government social welfare and you dare to talk to me. It is sure a sign of hunger when all you talk about is food. You are the hungry one! And you still lacking good sense. Let me repeat again for the umpteenth time, unless you cut off your useless balls and hand them over to bobrisky,you will never get sense!
Dummy, Chicagoland have more Billionares than the entire country of Nigeria and you a guy cursed with generational poverty who doesn't know what a balanced meal is foaming in the mouth. You are destined to perpetual life of failure due to your misplaced priorities .
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Dummy, Chicagoland have more Billionares than the entire country of Nigeria and you a guy cursed with generational poverty who doesn't know what a balanced meal is foaming in the mouth. You are destined to perpetual life of failure due to your misplaced priorities .
I hope you have something to eat over there because you are constantly talking about food. Your hunger is real! To get sense do the needful and contact Bibrisky ASAP.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 9:27pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

I hope you have something to eat over there because you are constantly talking about food. Your hunger is real! To get sense do the needful and contact Bibrisky ASAP.
Village skunk shouting about Bobrisky. Don't know who the Fvck Bobrisky is. You can shout yourself hoarse that American visa will be elusive to you. A Brainfart eating Eba for Brakfast, lunch and dinner mouthing off with his brown teeth, yellow eyes and Kwashiokor ravaged body. I hope the mosquitos and rats in your one room palace do a job on you. No wonder you could not sleep in your no electricity and garbage filled dungeon you call apt. What a douchebag.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Village skunk shouting about Bobrisky. Don't know who the Fvck Bobrisky is. You can shout yourself hoarse that American visa will be elusive to you. A Brainfart eating Eba for Brakfast, lunch and dinner mouthing off with his brown teeth, yellow eyes and Kwashiokor ravaged body. I hope the mosquitos and rats in your one room palace do a job on you. No wonder you could not sleep in your no electricity and garbage filled dungeon you call apt. What a douchebag.
Am I supposed to clap? Buhahahahaha! grin grin grin Everyday Donald the Trump is there tormenting ur homosexual soul, my joy is made full! Just the same way you are out of touch in America is the same way you are out of touch about happenings in Nigeria. Your understanding of politics is wack!
You have failed, come back home let's feed you! But that is after you have removed your useless balls and handed it over to your fellow tranny bobrisky!
Go and scavenge to see what you eat, as for muah, my poundo sit wella for my body.

1 Like

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 10:18pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Am I supposed to clap? Buhahahahaha! grin grin grin Everyday Donald the Trump is there tormenting ur homosexual soul, my joy is made full! Just the same way you are out of touch in America is the same way you are out of touch about happenings in Nigeria. Your understanding of politics is wack!
You have failed, come back home let's feed you! But that is after you have removed your useless balls and handed it over to your fellow tranny bobrisky!
Go and scavenge to see what you eat, as for muah, my poundo sit wella for my body.

Worthless rat, you must be a homosexual to be so infatuated with it. A guy that's not going anywhere in life yapping on nairaland because he's happy to have extra grand to buy a data. A brainstem like you have to use someone's name to justify your failure in life. Generational poverty is handed to you and it's your burden not mine. I hope thosr mosquitoes in your sewage filled one room do a number on you and you come down with malaria and die off.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 10:21pm On May 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Worthless rat, you must be a homosexual to be so infatuated with it. A guy that's not going anywhere in life yapping on nairaland because he's happy to have extra grand to buy a data. A brainstem like you have to use someone's name to justify your failure in life. Generational poverty is handed to you and it's your burden not mine. I hope thosr mosquitoes in your sewage filled one room do a number on you and you come down with malaria and die off.
Have you eaten? Go and collect something from social welfare before it becomes too late!
Cut off those balls kiakia.
Donald the Trump till 2025!

1 Like

Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 10:35pm On May 14, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Have you eaten? Go and collect something from social welfare before it becomes too late!
Cut off those balls kiakia.
Donald the Trump till 2025!
Worthless pig, I can eat anything in the world because I can afford it unlike you whose brain is used to eating starch morning, noon and night. I bet you I can feed you and your family and won't miss a beat. Useless poverty ridden fool . I doubt if you earn Naira 50.000 a month. Misplaced priority while your enclave is burning you focus your attention in a place thousands of miles away.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 12:29am On May 15, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Worthless pig, I can eat anything in the world because I can afford it unlike you whose brain is used to eating starch morning, noon and night. I bet you I can feed you and your family and won't miss a beat. Useless poverty ridden fool . I doubt if you earn Naira 50.000 a month. Misplaced priority while your enclave is burning you focus your attention in a place thousands of miles away.
Shssssssssss.....Trump is coming! Have you disposed of the balls?
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Lucasbalo(m): 12:39am On May 15, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Shssssssssss.....Trump is coming! Have you disposed of the balls?
It is after midnight and a guy cursed with generational poverty can't even sleep due to mosquitos bite and rats running around in your smelly one room. You are eternally cursed with poverty.
Re: Trump Just Committed An Impeachable Offense by Donjazzy12(m): 6:16am On May 15, 2017
Lucasbalo:
It is after midnight and a guy cursed with generational poverty can't even sleep due to mosquitos bite and rats running around in your smelly one room. You are eternally cursed with poverty.
Are you still ranting? How is Donald the Trump ramming your homosexual ass? Eight more years! Cut of your balls hand over to Bobrisky.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Trump Pardons First Black Heavyweight Champion, Jack Johnson / Chadian Troops Kill 100+ Boko Haram, Rescue Nigerian Soldiers / Putin Ally China Rejects Russian Oil Despite Steep Discounts Amid Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.