Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” (62117 Views)

Davido Sends Boy Who Sang His Song "IF" To School (pictured) / Little Girl Sings Davido Song "IF" In A Mind Blowing Way / Gee Jay, The Lady That Remixed P'square's "Bank Alert" Song (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by dangotesmummy: 4:44pm On May 12, 2017
Afam4eva:

So, what exactly did i say?
I mean these guys are good on their own.its just that people like 2face brought the attention of the west to Nigerian music.if not for people like 2face,the international recognition that they should have achieved in 10 to 20years,they achieved it within a short time.however,The work these new generation acts have to do to keep the international attention on their craft is ensuring sustainability. That's the major work they have to do if not they'll just fizzle out like jarule,dmx or lil kim
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 12, 2017
dangotesmummy:
exactly. If not you'll begin to look like a nuisance or agbaya and loose your respect and aura.idris abdulkareem and 9ice comes to mind.when they tried reappearing, not only did they loose their value,they failed woefully. Even the people that were still in secondary school when you started your music career will begin to insult you

Remove 9ice. Dude is still relevant in the industry and his fan base remains huge. His latest ID cabasa album is dope plus his super single Titled Living Things

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Tedassie(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
This is a great feat for Davido. I remember when 2face released a song claiming he did it with R Kelly. Few weeks later, it was discovered that he just took RKelly's voice from another song and infused it into his. That was the biggest lie of the year. What 2face couldn't achieve is what Davido got cheaply.

lalasticlala Seun
Lol...as in i weak that year R kelly debunked 2face's claims of a collabo.
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 12, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
No biggie.

R.Kelly has lost his steam, I won't call him a has-been or failed artiste but he is just like any regular artiste out there now

Trust people from the West to blow this out of proportion.
Do you live and breathe tribalism?

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by 3kay945(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
No biggie.

R.Kelly has lost his steam, I won't call him a has-been or failed artiste but he is just like any regular artiste out there now

Lost stream where? Maybe to you. Cos his songs are my best collection ever.

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by firstking01(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2017
R.kelly just did that to help davido's career.
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Tedassie(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Just listened to it on YouTube. . .its pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUzOcRKf0aU
Trust R-kelly na...no be R-kelly again¿ #legend
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by olab059(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
While Davido has gone back to his roots, Wizkid is busy changing his style to blend with the American style. He doesn't know that Americans hate it when you try to sell them their own idea. Maybe that's part of why drake didn't show up in Wizkid's video.

This is what I was telling someone on my Facebook a couple of weeks ago and the guy as calling me a hater. Wizkid be forming Jamaican and all, while Davido is proud of his broken English and Yoruba. I love Davido for that.

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by dangotesmummy: 4:53pm On May 12, 2017
breadandbutter:

Remove 9ice. Dude is still relevant in the industry and his fan base remains huge. His latest ID cabasa album is dope plus his super single Titled Living Things
9ice sings nonsense now.in the music industry if you know you have made a name and mark for yourself, you should make yourself scarce that's how people will value you.just appear for a while, drop something and disappear. Make people miss you.people like akon, olu maintain and lagbaja do that a lot that's why they're still relevant even when they don't sing

Daddy Shokey, and tony tetuilla sang nonsense during their time and got away with it because the music market wasnt that aggressive and options were linited but they made their mark.however they didn't come back because if they do they'll goof seriously. So they just respect themselves. Now the industry is more competitive and aggressive so they cannot come and be singing the nonsense they were singing because the world has gone past that

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Codes151(m): 4:55pm On May 12, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
While Davido has gone back to his roots, Wizkid is busy changing his style to blend with the American style. He doesn't know that Americans hate it when you try to sell them their own idea. Maybe that's part of why drake didn't show up in Wizkid's video.
drake no be American! He's Fucking Canadian bear
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Hoduwahishape: 4:56pm On May 12, 2017
Davido stop embarrassing yourself mate.
You clearly paid him to do this.
The song is garbage and only popping in Nigeria because of your status.
It's nonexistent in other countries even within African
So where the heck did Kells hear this song from/at

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by dangotesmummy: 4:59pm On May 12, 2017
Hoduwahishape:
Davido stop embarrassing yourself mate.
You clearly paid him to do this.
The song is garbage and only popping in Nigeria because of your status.
It's nonexistent in other countries even within African
So where the heck did Kells hear this song from/at
haaaa won ti tunde o.can't you ever be happy for others.

First of all I don't believe davido paid r.Kelly but even if he did rkelly will not accept the money of agree to collaborate with him because the rkelly I know has a taste for good quality of music

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by olab059(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2017
Afam4eva:

So, what exactly did i say?

I tire for the guy o! lol!
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by dangotesmummy: 5:02pm On May 12, 2017
firstking01:
R.kelly just did that to help davido's career.
here we go again with the influx of bad belle.help who's career? Davido who was already signed by Sony music needs rkellys help? Smh

When Sean Paul sang with timaya did timaya need Sean's help?

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Hoduwahishape: 5:05pm On May 12, 2017
dangotesmummy:
haaaa won ti tunde o.can't you ever be happy for others.

First of all I don't believe davido paid r.Kelly but even if he did rkelly will not accept the money of agree to collaborate with him because the rkelly I know has a taste for good quality of music
Good quality?
Bro got dropped by Sony, couldn't make the cut some came back to 9ja with the whole stay true to yourself bs

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by dangotesmummy: 5:09pm On May 12, 2017
Hoduwahishape:

Good quality?
Bro got dropped by Sony, couldn't make the cut some came back to 9ja with the whole stay true to yourself bs
weren't people like wyclef ,Sean paul ,lagbaja,sunny Ade,Orlando,onyeka onwenu or Angelique kidjo not rewarded for STAYING TRUE TO THEIR CULTURE.WEREN'T THEY GIVEN INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION AND RESPECT?
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by mexxmoney: 5:20pm On May 12, 2017
femi4:
Ode! He was referring to FLEX....oh indomie generation didn't know about it

If he was really referring to just flex, why would he say what 2 face couldn't achieve, davido got cheaply? I doubt he has ever heard that 2 face had collaborated with r kelly on hands across the world

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by kenoz(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2017
That's great

Thumb up #OBO#
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by mexxmoney: 5:24pm On May 12, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
This is a What 2face couldn't achieve is what Davido got cheaply.

Ignoramus, have u ever heard of hands across the world, R kelly x 2face x Alikiba?. Stop disrespecting the legendary 2baba. He and others paved the way for davido and his generation

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by luminouz(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
No biggie.

U are always pained about everything good! I am kinda wondering if DAT is ur person or U bought it!!
Ur hatred for d west is now boring bro! Try a new hobby like fvck giving!!!
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 12, 2017
LifestyleTonite:
This is a great feat for Davido. I remember when 2face released a song claiming he did it with R Kelly. Few weeks later, it was discovered that he just took RKelly's voice from another song and infused it into his. That was the biggest lie of the year. What 2face couldn't achieve is what Davido got cheaply.

lalasticlala Seun

must you be the air that would blow tubaba yansh open..haba
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Smellymouth: 5:31pm On May 12, 2017
LifestyleTonite:

lalasticlala Seun

I remember that track. It was titled "FLEX"..It was released in 2008.The song was in his UNSTOPPABLE album..

I heard Tubaba lifted a rip of R.Kelly's voice cut from Shaggy’s version of “Flex“ which coincidentally had the same beat and melody…

The moral lesson to learn here is that if you must steal, please be darn good at it.. cheesy
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by luminouz(m): 5:36pm On May 12, 2017
maiahsaiah:

R.Kelly can never lose his steam. You need to watch YouTube videos. Lose his steam? You must be kidding me
Can u gimme a link to some dear? grin
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by steve6: 5:39pm On May 12, 2017
Kizyte:
Just talk true!

Lol !
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by steve6: 5:39pm On May 12, 2017
Kizyte:
Just talk true!
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by steve6: 5:40pm On May 12, 2017
Kizyte:
Just talk true!
Lol !
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by rexfx2: 5:41pm On May 12, 2017
olab059:

This is what I was telling someone on my Facebook a couple of weeks ago and the guy as calling me a hater. Wizkid be forming Jamaican and all, while Davido is proud of his broken English and Yoruba. I love Davido for that.

You guys sincerely need to educate yourself more or just shut up! Music is a universal language dosent matter how you speak it!

That said, I am happy for Davido because the more Nigerians we have on the international scene, the better!!

On R.Kellys last album, he feautured WiZKID. That is a greater feat. While I appreciate and love both davido and Wizkid it's just raw foolishness to compare the two.

Here in North America, Wizkid blasts on the radio all the time...he is the closest thing we have to a Grammy - it dosent matter how he gets there the key thing is in all his interviews he screams Africa likewise in his recent video. Like it or hate it, Wizkid dosent represent only Nigeria anymore.

Music makes you a global voice and your ability to keep staying relevant in the music scene is what makes you a true and great musician.

Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by Reggie234: 5:50pm On May 12, 2017
This shows Naija is meant to be great but for our Yeye leaders who sees the country as their ATM. God bless Naija and shame to our leaders. With or without them, Naija shall be great.
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by kenoxx(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2017
what if it is the other way round? Davido heard the song from RKelly and "copied" the song. Can anyone confirm which one came out first? Davido's own abi Rkelly's own
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by kenoxx(m): 5:58pm On May 12, 2017
"Hands across the world" wasnt 2face song. It was done by group of artistes brought together by Airtel!!
Re: R Kelly Remixed Davido’s Song ”IF” by MrCork: 6:03pm On May 12, 2017
newsynews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUzOcRKf0aU

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT_f9SpFH2x/?taken-by=davidoofficial

It is no more news that Nigerian Music is making huge wave in the world right now. The Afrobeat inspired sound has drawn the attention of top American artiste to Nigeria as we see them featuring in songs with our stars. The latest we have is RnB Legend, R Kelly doing a cover of Davido’s hit song ”If”. The Nigerian sensation shared a video of the song blasting from a car stereo on his Instagram page which shows London as his location. Few months back, he claimed his deal with Sony Music required him to change his style to something appealing to the international audience. This made him to struggle for a while untile he decided that it was best he remained true to his roots. He is glad it is all paying off now as he captioned the video in the below manner.

http://wotzup.ng/american-rnb-legend-r-kelly-has-done-a-cover-of-davidos-hit-song-if/

Adeboye: What Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo Said About Pastor / Davido & HushPuppi Settle Their Rift, Hug Each Other (Photos) / Adewale Adeleke Gifts His Girlfriend Kani A N9M Wristwatch For Her 26th Birthday