Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? (1133 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / Does "In The Name Of Jesus" Really Work? / Was Jesus Really Black, New Findings! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by joshadedapo(m): 4:52pm On May 12, 2017
What did Jesus look like? In reality, no one in the modern era knows the answer to that question, though there are plenty of works of art that attempt to imagine Christ’s facial and bodily structure.

It’s a topic that continues to spark intrigue, which is why every year, without fail, a rendering first published in 2002 that showed what someone who lived during Jesus’ time might have looked like ends up making headlines. It’s that rendering that some experts believe offers up one of the best lenses into what Christ’s face might have looked like.

READ: ‘The Bible is Always Ahead of the Curve’: Ominous Iran-North Korea Report Emerges Just Days After Pastor’s Warning

The most recent article about this intriguing image was published on Saturday by the Daily Express, which explained that the computer-generated face — which looks nothing like traditional renderings of Christ — was created by facial artist Richard Neave.

It’s an intricate graphic that was created by British scientists and Israeli archeologists who employed forensic anthropology. The image features a man with short brown hair, dark eyes and a dark complexion; the signature long hair that is observed in most pieces of art depicting Christ is missing, with the rendering showing a short cut, according to Popular Mechanics.

Neave triangulated information in an effort to come up with the image, relying on examples of what Jewish men from the first century looked like as the basis for the final product. To accomplish this goal, he and his team were able to observe skulls that were found near Jerusalem, using them as the baseline for the overall facial and head structure.

And this is the image they came up with:

Source: www.faithwire.com

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by ifenes(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2017
It doesn't matter if Jesus were white or brown, what matters is understanding the teaching linked to him/ her.....for you to be mentally enhanced and stop being a foot-stool to ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by EazyMoh(m): 7:40pm On May 12, 2017
Yup! that's bros J.
Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by Amberon: 9:16pm On May 12, 2017
Jesus did not die for us to be "mentally enhanced", he died to give us salvation.
ifenes:
It doesn't matter if Jesus were white or brown, what matters is understanding the teaching linked to him/ her.....for you to be mentally enhanced and stop being a foot-stool to ignorance.
Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by analice107: 10:17pm On May 12, 2017
Amberon:
Jesus did not die for us to be "mentally enhanced", he died to give us salvation.
You tried to have taken time to respond to that person. Let him wallow in his darkness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by johnw74: 1:02am On May 13, 2017
That picture is probably closer to how Jesus looked than the pictures showing Him to have long hair and a european face.
I don't believe Jesus had long hair, and He probably looked similar to other Jews of 2000 years ago.

1Co 11:14  Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 

If Jesus had long hair Paul would not have said: "if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him"

Isa 53:2  For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Jesus was not handsome, just an ordinary looking man.

Handsome to us though.
Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by ifenes(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2017
Amberon:

Jesus did not die for anyone. Your level of thought is kindergarten to still believe that.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 13, 2017
ifenes:

Jesus did not die for anyone. Your level of thought is kindergarten to still believe that.

Dude, you are wasting your time. These people's brains don't possess the capacity to think rationally and critically.

Jesus is in the same category of enlightened people like Confucious and Buddha. But his history has been inaccurately rewritten for political and selfish reasons. Anyone with even minute historical knowledge and a functioning brain would realize this.

Most times I try to stay away from this section because the kind of responses I see here just makes me weep for the intellectual failure of my own people.

1 Like

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by ifenes(m): 7:01pm On May 13, 2017
Trudax:

Dude, you are wasting your time. These people's brains don't possess the capacity to think rationally and critically.

Jesus is in the same category of enlightened people like Confucious and Buddha. But his history has been inaccurately rewritten for political and selfish reasons. Anyone with even minute historical knowledge and a functioning brain would realize this.

Most times I try to stay away from this section because the kind of responses I see here just makes me weep for the intellectual failure of my own people.

You are absolutely right MR
Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by johnw74: 12:08am On May 14, 2017
johnw74:

That picture is probably closer to how Jesus looked than the pictures showing Him to have long hair and a european face.
I don't believe Jesus had long hair, and He probably looked similar to other Jews of 2000 years ago.

1Co 11:14  Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 

If Jesus had long hair Paul would not have said: "if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him"

Isa 53:2  For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Jesus was not handsome, just an ordinary looking man.

Handsome to us though.

Come to think of it, Jews in Israel today look more european than they do any other race,
I believe He didn't have long hair though.

trolls @ ifness and Trudax
Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by orisa37: 7:23am On May 14, 2017
joshadedapo:
What did Jesus look like? In reality, no one in the modern era knows the answer to that question, though there are plenty of works of art that attempt to imagine Christ’s facial and bodily structure.

It’s a topic that continues to spark intrigue, which is why every year, without fail, a rendering first published in 2002 that showed what someone who lived during Jesus’ time might have looked like ends up making headlines. It’s that rendering that some experts believe offers up one of the best lenses into what Christ’s face might have looked like.

READ: ‘The Bible is Always Ahead of the Curve’: Ominous Iran-North Korea Report Emerges Just Days After Pastor’s Warning

The most recent article about this intriguing image was published on Saturday by the Daily Express, which explained that the computer-generated face — which looks nothing like traditional renderings of Christ — was created by facial artist Richard Neave.

It’s an intricate graphic that was created by British scientists and Israeli archeologists who employed forensic anthropology. The image features a man with short brown hair, dark eyes and a dark complexion; the signature long hair that is observed in most pieces of art depicting Christ is missing, with the rendering showing a short cut, according to Popular Mechanics.

Neave triangulated information in an effort to come up with the image, relying on examples of what Jewish men from the first century looked like as the basis for the final product. To accomplish this goal, he and his team were able to observe skulls that were found near Jerusalem, using them as the baseline for the overall facial and head structure.

And this is the image they came up with:

Source: www.faithwire.com

No.
Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by Amberon: 11:22am On May 14, 2017
says someone who believes he created Jupiter.

ifenes:

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by ifenes(m): 11:37am On May 14, 2017
Amberon:
says someone who believes he created Jupiter.

I do not expect you to understand that mind leads to matter

1 Like

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by Amberon: 1:07pm On May 14, 2017
I also do not expect you to comprehend how God made the air you breathe.
ifenes:

I do not expect you to understand that mind leads to matter
Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by ifenes(m): 5:14pm On May 14, 2017
Amberon:
I also do not expect you to comprehend how God made the air you breathe.

That is the mind of a 5 year old dude. You have no idea that God is you? Youn need to grow up

3 Likes

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 14, 2017
Trudax:

Re: Is This What Jesus Really Looked Like? by Amberon: 8:49am On May 15, 2017
Lmao.... Are you just being purposely ignorant ?
ifenes:

That is the mind of a 5 year old dude. You have no idea that God is you? Youn need to grow up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mohammedans, Why ? / Will You Give 10 Billion Naira Of A January Contract As First Fruit? / My Pastor Has Been Sleeping With Me – Housewife Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.