Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: (889 Views)

Brain Drain.. Answer And Smile Out Loud / Answer And Win: Questions About Nigeria / Answer And Win #5000 For Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by bandely(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2010
Hey Guys, try this one for size,
Three Engr trainees in a hotel call room service and order one drink each. The delivery boy brings them up with a bill for exactly N30.00. Each guy gives him a N10.00 bill, and he leaves. That's fact!
When he hands the N30.00 to the cashier, he is told a mistake was made. The bill was only N25.00, not N30.00. The cashier gives the delivery boy five N1.00 bills and tells him to take it back to the 3 guys who ordered the drinks. That's fact! On the way back to their room, the delivery boy has a thought, These guys did not give him a tip. He figures that since there is no way to split N5.00 evenly three ways anyhow, he will keep two Naira for himself and give them back three Naira. OK! So far so good! He knocks on the door and one fellow answers. He explains about a mix up in the bill, and hands the guy the three Naira, then departs with his two-Naira tip in his pocket.
Now the fun begins! Remember N30-N25=N5 Right? N5-N3=N2 Right? So what's the problem? All is well, right? …………Not quite. Answer this: Each of the three guys originally gave N10.00 each. They each got back N1.00 in change. That means they paid N9.00 each, which times three is N27.00. The delivery boy kept $2.00 for a tip. N27.00 plus N2.00 equals N29.00. Where the heck is that other Naira? …………………………………………………Got the answer?
THE FIRST PERSON TO ANSWER THIS PUZZLE WILL WIN ONE FIVE ALIVE(LARGE), lol
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2010
nice try playa!!!!!

There is an initial N30 charge.  It should have been N25, so N5 must be returned and accounted for.  N3 is given back to the 3 engr trainees, N2 is kept by the waiter - there you have theN5.  The trick to this puzzle is that the addition and subtraction are done at the wrong times to misdirect your thinking - and quite successfully for most. 
Each of the 3 engr trainees did indeed pay N9, not N10, and as far as the engr are concerned, they paid N27 for the drinks.  But we know that the cashier will tell us that they were charged only N25 and when you add the N3 returned with the N2 kept by the cashier, you come up with N30.
there is NO money missing.

please keep my five alive nice and cool until i come and collect, LOL!!!!!!
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Dammyray(m): 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lmao, Nice 1 dude, u actualy got me thinking at first

Mrbrown pls when u'r going to collect the five alive branch call me for house oo, lol
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Dammyray(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2010
Check Cashier hand, there's probably a mi sup over there, how can she give N5 change, can u tell me whats the equalization of 25/3? the equalization is 8.33333333333333333, and that meanS the price for the drink is not real, for that reason their change is not 5naira, what the cashier himself should have given the boy should have been N6, Which means N8 is the real price for the drink, so the so called cashier cant tell me 5naira is my change s opposing am 1 of the guys
sO GO AND ASK THE CASHIER, Oya pass me my 5Alive cheesy wink smiley
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2010
Dammy_ray:

Check Cashier hand, there's probably a mi sup over there, how can she give N5 change, can u tell me whats the equalization of 25/3? the equalization is 8.33333333333333333, and that meanS the price for the drink is not real, for that reason their change is not 5naira, what the cashier himself should have given the boy should have been N6, Which means N8 is the real price for the drink, so the so called cashier cant tell me 5naira is my change s opposing am 1 of the guys
sO GO AND ASK THE CASHIER, Oya pass me my 5Alive cheesy wink smiley

he didnt say what they had to drink. . . . . . . maybe one had a coke while the others had beers?
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Dammyray(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2010
whatever but the cashier had the N1
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2010
Dammy_ray:

whatever but the cashier had the N1

i guess you were not too good at math. . . . . . there is no N1 missing.
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by bandely(m): 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2010
ROFLMAO! See argument! shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2010
bandely:

ROFLMAO! See argument!  shocked shocked  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

come on now, there is no argument here. just trying to make him think a minute to realise that there is no missing N1 and that it is all in the way you look at it.
let me try to clarify it for him:
if they pay N30 and should have gotten N5 change back, (to which they got N3 and the waiter kept N2 as a tip) then all is well and there is no missing money. even a child could understand that.
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by bandely(m): 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2010
Well don't think so, do you want us to find the Naira now? or wait for more to try?
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 11, 2010
bandely:

Well don't think so, do you want us to find the Naira now? or wait for more to try?

so are you saying that YOU TOO didnt know the answer to this puzzle?!
come on man, you are hurting my feelings lol.

this puzzle is as old as the world. its called the missing dollar riddle and there is even a WIKI for it.
here to enlighten you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_dollar_riddle

ps: as i said earlier, KEEP THE FIVE ALIVE NICE AND COOL UNTIL I COME AND COLLECT MY WINNINGS!!!!
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by platinumnk(f): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
there is no money missing

they paid 8.33 for drinks
1.67 each was their change

guy took .67 times 3 equals 2, leaving the men 3 $
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by Dammyray(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2010
Mrbrown Thats a yarb oo, lol
Re: Puzzle: Where Is The Naira? Answer And Win: by bandely(m): 9:05am On Jan 12, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

so are you saying that YOU TOO didnt know the answer to this puzzle?!
come on man, you are hurting my feelings lol.

this puzzle is as old as the world. its called the missing dollar riddle and there is even a WIKI for it.
here to enlighten you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_dollar_riddle

ps: as i said earlier, KEEP THE FIVE ALIVE NICE AND COOL UNTIL I COME AND COLLECT MY WINNINGS!!!!
OMG! I was expecting more response and failures before we bring this wiki out, was trying to use my previous post to deceive people lol!

Anyway, how do you want to get your Five Alive? grin

(1) (Reply)

What Gets Passed Around? / Without Dicks / Self Defense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.