Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:58 AM

Manchester City Vs Leceisters City 12:30pm 13 May 17 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Leceisters City 12:30pm 13 May 17 (447 Views)

Chelsea Vs Man Utd Oct 20, 18 12:30pm / Liverpool Vs Manchester Oct 14 12:30pm / Manchester United Vs Arsenal 12:30pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Leceisters City 12:30pm 13 May 17 by iwaeda: 10:43am On May 13, 2017
Manchester city host Leceisters
MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Leicester took four points off Manchester City last season and were 4-2 winners at the King Power Stadium in December.
The Foxes haven't won three matches in a row against City for 50 years dating back to March 1967.
Leicester have won five of their last six top-flight matches away at Manchester City, with their only defeat coming in March 2015.
Manchester City
City have lost just one of their last 14 games, winning seven and drawing six.
Pep Guardiola's side have only lost one league game at home this season, but they have drawn seven of their 17 matches.
If City win and Manchester United lose at Tottenham, they will guarantee finishing ahead of their city rivals in four consecutive league seasons for the first time since 1971-72 to 1974-75.
Kevin de Bruyne has provided a league-high 15 assists this season. He has also hit the woodwork seven times, more than any other player.
Sergio Aguero needs two more goals to reach 20 in the Premier League this season and become only the fifth player to score 20 or more goals in three consecutive campaigns. Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Harry Kane have all achieved the feat.
Leicester City
Leicester have earned 22 points from 10 games under manager Craig Shakespeare; only Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino, with 24, has a better record in that time. The Foxes only took 21 points from their first 25 fixtures under Claudio Ranieri this season.
They have lost 16 league matches this campaign, the most of any reigning Premier League champion.
The Foxes have won only two of their last 20 away matches in the league.
Jamie Vardy has scored seven times in his last 10 league games, after just five in his first 22 this campaign. Three of those five came against Manchester City when he scored his first ever Premier League hat-trick in December.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "There are four amazing teams fighting for the last two Champions League places.
"It will be a big, big battle until the last game.
"Hopefully United can focus on the Europa League and forget a little bit about the Premier League and then next season we can have five English teams in the Champions League, which would be amazing."
Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare on his future: "I haven't had any talks and I don't expect to [yet].
"The contract states until the end of the season and I think I have stated many times we will sit down at the end of the season, which I am comfortable with.
"I don't think you can take anything for granted in football. I have a contract as an assistant manager after the end of the season."

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
Leicester took four points off Manchester City last season and were 4-2 winners at the King Power Stadium in December.
The Foxes haven't won three matches in a row against City for 50 years dating back to March 1967.
Leicester have won five of their last six top-flight matches away at Manchester City, with their only defeat coming in March 2015.
Manchester City
City have lost just one of their last 14 games, winning seven and drawing six.
Pep Guardiola's side have only lost one league game at home this season, but they have drawn seven of their 17 matches.
If City win and Manchester United lose at Tottenham, they will guarantee finishing ahead of their city rivals in four consecutive league seasons for the first time since 1971-72 to 1974-75.
Kevin de Bruyne has provided a league-high 15 assists this season. He has also hit the woodwork seven times, more than any other player.
Sergio Aguero needs two more goals to reach 20 in the Premier League this season and become only the fifth player to score 20 or more goals in three consecutive campaigns. Alan Shearer, Thierry Henry, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Harry Kane have all achieved the feat.
Leicester City
Leicester have earned 22 points from 10 games under manager Craig Shakespeare; only Tottenham's Mauricio Pochettino, with 24, has a better record in that time. The Foxes only took 21 points from their first 25 fixtures under Claudio Ranieri this season.
They have lost 16 league matches this campaign, the most of any reigning Premier League champion.
The Foxes have won only two of their last 20 away matches in the league.
Jamie Vardy has scored seven times in his last 10 league games, after just five in his first 22 this campaign. Three of those five came against Manchester City when he scored his first ever Premier League hat-trick in December.
Re: Manchester City Vs Leceisters City 12:30pm 13 May 17 by miremoses(m): 12:19pm On May 13, 2017
I'm not a fan of both club but i need Leicester city to win by 2:1
Re: Manchester City Vs Leceisters City 12:30pm 13 May 17 by iwaeda: 1:01pm On May 13, 2017
miremoses:
I'm not a fan of both club but i need Leicester city to win by 2:1

You must be a gunner

(1) (Reply)

Has Football Lost Its Soul? / The First Ever Football Match That Brought Tears Out Of My Eyes / UCL Semi Final Second Leg : Liverpool Vs Barcelona today At 8:00pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.