Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

New Vet In The House...no Charge! - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / New Vet In The House...no Charge! (4560 Views)

I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Pls Where Can I Get A Very Good Vet In Benin City / I Need A Vet In The Ajah Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
Greene66:

I'd like to see more pics to determine although he doesn't look well fed but I may be wrong.

It's not about the number of times he eats but about the quantity/quality of what he eats in one session.

At 4 months he should be eating not more than twice to prevent bloating or obesity or excess fat. GSD are working dogs and should be fit not just fat. But feed him well.

If I may ask, what does he eat?

And regarding him not finishing food, try Pet Boosters and Multivitamin such as B plus E. It would increase his appetite.
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
pibuddy:

hmmm....this is a mix but Emma according to your other thread he is fine cos at his age he is going through the stretching phase....
Just deworm him...
Give him Fruits b4 food
and if you want to feed him give him the food wait for fifteen minutes if he don't touch it remove it....continent doing it and when he gets used to it he wi|| rush it b4 the time......
Gsds are s|ow eaters but for me it not how fat but how fit.....its a cross breed so be ca|m..
yup
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2017
samtobbie:
Nice job, been following your thread. i just got a gsd, 8weeks old. I realized the pup can neither bark nor cry out. Anytime she tries to do either of the 2, the voice comes out faint. Just kinda confused what could possibly be the cause cos i haven't seen such situation before. Thanks in anticipation.

your dog has vocal issues or she/he might have swalloed something hooking the neck....rush to your vet now
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2017
umarsheks6:
Help my 5mnths old gsd is too friendly it use to wag its tail to every stranger pls wat can i do to corret dis

isolate the dog....i mean laeve it locked up in a cage where he doesnt see anytin throughout the day.....get him a heavy collar.....only i mean only realease him at night around 10pm......anytime he shakes his tail at strangers scold him and never allpow his tail go in between his legs reduse touching him head and dont talk to him with a friendly voice always call him with a harsh voice and authorithy

this should work
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by lorkiy: 10:45am On Dec 24, 2017
Hello,
I'm getting a 6 weeks old German shepherd, what do I feed her?
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by jayned: 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2017
pibuddy:

Jesus...
Hmmm this is very rare
shhaa the so|ution for the pups is hand feeding them from day 1..with warm mi||<......buy qua|ity......the one rich in co|ostrum

Meet you physical vet for the so|ution of the dame

Can you please recommend a brand. I never knew they sell such in nigeria.
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by Eveezy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
pibuddy:

hmmm very abnormal......
Two things are involved
1.its either your dog has urinary tract disease its not very common but it happens
2.your dog is not pregnant....check the genitals if its swo||en the mating didn't succedd

but no 1 is more serious meet your vet injections and drugs may be involved .......its quite strange......

And are u sure you exp|ored the stud?
Maybe you mated the dam with a defected dog
Hmm, are u sure of this? Sometimes milky discharge is a sign of being pregnant
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by treeofhelp: 6:54am On Dec 28, 2017
Hello Doc,

My 9months old caucasian-gsp is too friendly. He does'nt bark when visitors comes in. What do i do to correct this?

Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by Dboy55(m): 11:12am On Dec 28, 2017
Hello vets .
Can you list drugs I can used ,to deworm my GSD myself
Without taking him to a vet and how do I apply it ?
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2018
Dboy55:
Hello vets .
Can you list drugs I can used ,to deworm my GSD myself
Without taking him to a vet and how do I apply it ?
.prazizam #100 single dose open their mouth and put it inside deep.make sure they swallow
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2018
treeofhelp:
Hello Doc,

My 9months old caucasian-gsp is too friendly. He does'nt bark when visitors comes in. What do i do to correct this?
your dog has been socialized enough..restrict its freedom using chain or cage
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
this thread thas been dead for a while now hoping it can come back to life..for those that i left question unanswered hopefuly u got better solution elswere.jah bless.....Thread reopened??
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by collinsflex(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
Just Got 2 GSD. They of maybe 2 months but i don't trust the seller. They eats a lot, very agile but their poo is so watery.

1 of d pup behave mad, it alwayz wanna attack anytin, barking all through. It will never stay in a chain.

M tired
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by collinsflex(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
Any help
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by Ofeh2(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
Question is it normal for a dog not to experience heat at 12months??
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by AfricaNigerian: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2018
collinsflex:
Just Got 2 GSD. They of maybe 2 months but i don't trust the seller. They eats a lot, very agile but their poo is so watery.

1 of d pup behave mad, it alwayz wanna attack anytin, barking all through. It will never stay in a chain.

M tired
and me I love mad dogs ooo, as in crazy pups grin
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by tziz(m): 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
collinsflex:
Just Got 2 GSD. They of maybe 2 months but i don't trust the seller. They eat a lot, very agile but their poo is so watery.

M tired
grin grin grin grin
Sorry bro but this really cracked me up.
@bolded, i wish my female Lhasa pup can eat plenty like that, she eats small rations in different sessions, i want her to eat plenty like ur GSDs, aldou she looks healthy. It takes her three days in most cases to finish a can of Jojo, dou i mix it with Diamond dry food.
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
hi @collinsflex
1)they are ment to be agile.GSD for you.
2)the watery poo..are you sure that their food digests properly..wat do u feed?...too much indomie isnt good it contains wheat and starch which makes it hard to digest and cums out watery and ozz

1 Like

Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
as for you hyper dog...it may be in inner pains that makes it aggressive take it 2 d vet...is it well socialized?it should be socialized till at least 5months before being isolated..so as to boost confidence. it may also be aggressive out of fear.
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 7:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
i would adviced raw feeding to reduce the watery poo but somepeople have reservation about that...but that alone would stop it totally and feed more of rice,corn,fish,biscuit bone,meat,poultry,eggs,milk,dog food and not much of indomie!
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by collinsflex(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2018
I feed rice with Chicken and at times dry food

pibuddy:
hi @collinsflex
1)they are ment to be agile.GSD for you.
2)the watery poo..are you sure that their food digests properly..wat do u feed?...too much indomie isnt good it contains wheat and starch which makes it hard to digest and cums out watery and ozz
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
When is the best time to give a puppy distemperment vaccine?
And can i use pills to be deworming my dogs instead of injection?
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by pibuddy(m): 8:16am On Sep 06, 2018
@mhd5757
dhllp should be start being administered at 6 or 8 weeks.yes you can use pills to deworm...prazizam
Re: New Vet In The House...no Charge! by TJoseph137: 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
Goodday sir, i have a very playful caucasian (4 months old). Does cod liver oil help with their coat?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Breed Of Dog Is This? / Chow Chow Puppies For Sale In Abuja / Brazilian Man Has Surgery To Get The Face Of A Real Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.