Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

Over 1 In 10 Nigerian Muslims Support ISIS.... 14% Say They Support 20% Unsure.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 1 In 10 Nigerian Muslims Support ISIS.... 14% Say They Support 20% Unsure.. (394 Views)

Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You / Kukah: I’ve Never Been As Unsure About The Future Of This Country As I Am Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over 1 In 10 Nigerian Muslims Support ISIS.... 14% Say They Support 20% Unsure.. by CyrusTheGreat: 1:21pm On May 13, 2017
So I thought I'd posted this in the religion section but it's in Islam for Muslims, which is not the forum community I was trying to share this shocking news with.

Utterly shocking. Nigeria's muslims have polled as having the highest amount of Muslims who openly support ISIS/ISIL of ANY muslim or large muslim-population country, according to the 2017 report on Muslims and Islam by the Pew research centre. 20% also responded "I don't know".

That's over 10 million ISIS supporters, living in Nigeria!

71% of them also support Shariah Law. In other words over 7 out of 10 Nigerian Muslims, in other words over 60 million Nigerian muslims support Shariah law.

Abeg some investigations on this!?!?!?

The rest of the report on Muslims and Islam can be read here: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/02/27/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

Some more infographics on Islam:

More generally, Muslims mostly say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified, including 92% in Indonesia and 91% in Iraq. In the United States, a 2011 survey found that 86% of Muslims say such tactics are rarely or never justified. An additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified and 1% say they are often justified.

In a few countries, a quarter or more of Muslims say these acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 40% in the Palestinian territories, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% in Bangladesh.

Re: Over 1 In 10 Nigerian Muslims Support ISIS.... 14% Say They Support 20% Unsure.. by annunaki2(m): 3:28pm On May 13, 2017
The threat of islamic terrorism is far more dangerous than it is generally perceived to be especially in Nigeria and all countries with significant Muslim population. In my opinion, this an ideological issue and the best way to handle it is to expose the truth about Islam to Muslims by showing them why Islam is false and mohamed was a fraud. We need to start getting Muslims to renounce Islam enmasse to reduce the feedstock of islamic terrorist and I believe with this age of the Internet, it's just a matter of time before Muslims start renouncing Islam enmasse because the real ugly truth about Islam is being exposed at a phenomenal rate.

(1) (Reply)

The True Position / IMER Who Denounced God Recounts His Ordeal And How He Retraced His Steps / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.