Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

"I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out (19102 Views)

Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos / 82-Year-Old Zambian Paralyzed, Took Manhood Enlargement Drug To Satisfy Wife, 35 / Nigerian Man Diagnosed With Brain Tumour, Left Paralyzed Recounts His Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:36pm On May 13, 2017
The man said to be paralysed after visiting his village in Edo state has reached out to me to debunk the story of his paralysis that is flying online, including Nairaland. Here is his rebuttal.

My attention has been drawn to a defamatory story being circulated onli‎ne with the malicious title "Man paralysed two days after visiting his home town in Edo". 

In the said story, without any form of verification from me, I was alleged to be paralysed after visiting my hometown in Benin, Edo state.  

I hereby debunk the story   as same is filled with half truths and outright lies. While it is true that I recently took ill, I was never at anytime paralysed and same definitely has nothing to do with my travelling to Benin or being from Benin. 

My family and I have been subjected to numerous embarrassing calls as a result of this story. This has greatly affected my reputation. 

Sequel to the foregoing, I hereby state that I am not paralysed. I equally did not mandate anybody to publish my medical condition on facebook or any news channel. 

Accordingly, I hereby demand that all traditional and online newspapers who have pulished this story, immediately withdraw same, while urging others to desist from spreading this false story. I have equally instructed my lawyers to take out legal proceedings a‎gainst the online news media that initially t published this story. 

I thank my friends, family and well-wishers who have called to show genuine concern about my welfare after they read the story. 

Osaruonamen Ogbebor.

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by professorfal: 3:37pm On May 13, 2017
nigerians and misconception, maybe na typhoid fever do am, na him one drunkard see am call am paralysis.

come inform him fellow drunkard who is a nairaland troll, that one use am open thread cc lalasticlala and lala wey never see captivating story since 6am run push am to frontpage.

its just a theory.

28 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by handsam(m): 3:37pm On May 13, 2017
Nicely said, Nigerian Bloggers will do anything to make their site popular.

#Spits.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by Smellymouth: 3:38pm On May 13, 2017
Nawa
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by SirMichael1: 3:39pm On May 13, 2017
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by ernesty20(m): 3:42pm On May 13, 2017
Buhayii Xef

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by mikky4764(f): 3:42pm On May 13, 2017
pple and unverified story, why call a rumour a fact wen it has not actually bin confirmed. There are some stories on nairaland that I just take with a pinch of salt.

6 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by Jay1F(m): 3:46pm On May 13, 2017
handsam:
Nicely said, Nigerian Bloggers will do anything to make their site popular.

#Spits.
Young man if you have a disease go and treat yourself, stop spitting anyhow, Nairaland is not your father's property!!

15 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:47pm On May 13, 2017
Dominique this will interest you Dear
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by Jay1F(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2017
All bloggers are going to hell fire, that's for sure!
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by RealHaute: 3:55pm On May 13, 2017
I just tire for these bloggers. Dominique the capitalist non-critic, please help do the needful. grin
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:58pm On May 13, 2017
RealHaute:
I just tire for these bloggers. Dominique the capitalist non-critic, please help do the needful. grin
Them funny die
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by firstking01(m): 3:59pm On May 13, 2017
Jay1F:
All bloggers are going to hell fire, that's for sure!
Bloggers and APC share one very common sickness.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by 9jayes: 4:00pm On May 13, 2017
I once dated one Edo gal like that, she used pvssy reset my brain to default.
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:25pm On May 13, 2017
professorfal:
nigerians and misconception, maybe na typhoid fever do am, na him one drunkard see am call am paralysis.

come inform him fellow drunkard who is a nairaland troll, that one use am open thread cc lalasticlala and lala wey never see captivating story since 6am run push am to frontpage.

its just a theory.
I no know why Lalasticlala de do baba like this
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by dominique(f): 4:31pm On May 13, 2017
When I saw him sitting up in one of the pics, I knew something was off about his so-called paralysis but I was too busy to comment. It is obvious he has some sort of accident and his legs were affected. Bloggers make ins dey fear God o

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by RichlyOBS(m): 4:36pm On May 13, 2017
Nigeria mentality
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:42pm On May 13, 2017
dominique:
When I saw him sitting up in one of the pics, I knew something was off about his so-called paralysis but I was too busy to comment. It is obvious he has some sort of accident and his legs were affected. Bloggers make ins dey fear God o
Pls help do the needful
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by Omotayor123(f): 4:53pm On May 13, 2017
I thought they said his friend shares it on Facebook

Why spread Fake News & na did kind NeWS dey travel fast.

God knows how many calls and messages the guy go don getundecided
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by Jay1F(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2017
firstking01:
Bloggers and APC share one very common sickness.
lol... lying; it's in their blood.
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by dominique(f): 5:01pm On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Pls help do the needful

Include the sauce smiley
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by AfroSamurai: 5:04pm On May 13, 2017
dominique:

Include the sauce smiley
grin
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by AfroSamurai: 5:07pm On May 13, 2017
Honestly, things like this makes me a strong advocate for that social media bill. These bloggers need to be curbed, like seriously. The sooner they know they just can't post sh1t in the name of generating traffic, the better it will be for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by handsam(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2017
Jay1F:
Young man if you have a disease go and treat yourself, stop spitting anyhow, Nairaland is not your father's property!!

Presh, I'll also advise you take your epileptic thumbs off your keypads, halt churning hogwash and visit the nearest Quack Surgeon.

#Pathetic Attention seeker.

9 Likes

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:26pm On May 13, 2017
dominique:

Include the sauce smiley
He reached me personally and you don't expect me to post screenshot of WhatsApp conversation.
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by AfroSamurai: 5:34pm On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
He reached me personally and you don't expect me to post screenshot of WhatsApp conversation.
So you're now a journalist or what exactly? grin

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by AceRoyal: 6:36pm On May 13, 2017
I wonder why people always portray Edo state as very diabolical. We have great love, pride and respect for our culture and tradition doesn't make us diabolical.
Edo State is a very peaceful,hospitable and amiable state. Although, like other states it has its drawbacks(evil abounds in every state/place).

God bless Edo State
God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by dominique(f): 6:45pm On May 13, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Ok, I thought you got it off social media
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by kevoh(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2017
Nairaland, land where unverified garbage is pushed to frontpage. The OP and the silly Moderator that pushed the other thread to frontpage should apologize to the good people of Edo and this man for the defamatory thread. angry angry Mtcheeew angry sad

Meanwhile most so-called juju stories are actually similar to this scenario, they are all exaggerated stories and will not even pass basic empirical test.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 13, 2017
These bloggers, smh.
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2017
dominique:

Ok, I thought you got it off social media
Thanks for understanding
Re: "I Am Not Paralyzed": Man Said To Be Paralysed After Visiting Edo Cries Out by Benekruku(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2017
Edo State Super Eagles have warned him about the consequence if he voices-out

They will probably be remotely "PINGING" his relations and family members if he says what he is actually going through.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When An Adult Visitor Bedwets / How To Gain Weight And How To Get Big In The Gym / Burn Survivor, Kenny Williams Makaveli Shares Before And After Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.