Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know (29878 Views)

Tekowi: Armoured Vehicles Manufactured By Obasa Specialty Vehicle In Ekiti State / 17 Interesting Facts About Bulletproof Cars That Most People Might Not Know / 13 Interesting Facts About Supercars/sportscars That Most People Might Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by obafemee80(m): 1:50am On May 14, 2017
Edited by obafemee80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23qPerqG_a0

1)There are over 100,000 armoured vehicles currently in use worldwide

2)The average armoured vehicle costs around $120,000 (vehicle and car) with some armoured vehicles costing over $3 million (Bugatti)

3)It would take less than 6 months to get to the Moon by an armoured car at 60mph (95km/h)

4)Over 85% of cars that International Armoring has produced are still on the road today

5)The odds of dying in a car accident are around 1 in 5,000. The odds of dying in an armored car by accident are around 1 in 30,000 (6 x less likely)

6)A majority of the attacks on armored vehicles are on the glass (what attackers can see)

7)The most popular armoured vehicle in the world is the Toyota Landcruiser

8 )International Armoring Corporation works with over 300 vendors to produce their armored vehicles from the upgraded suspension parts to the tapes to the wiring that improves the electronic speaker systems

9)The largest group to buy armoured vehicles would be wealthy business owners and governments (though lawyers are now buying more armoring options)

10)It takes attackers on average 6 seconds to do a job. Armored vehicles give clients additional time to realize they are under attack and get out of the situation

11)A majority of people worldwide have never driven an armoured vehicle

12)Over 200 lives were saved in Kuwait during the Iraq war

13)International Armoring armors all types of vehicles from the Volkswagon Bug to Chevy Trucks to a Maybach S62

14)Only two known electric vehicles have been armored (Chevy Volt and the Tesla Model S)

15)Terrorist and kidnapping attacks are the biggest reason for increased sales for armored vehicles worldwide

Bonus: The oddest request ever received at International Armoring was to armor a taxi cab with a toilet seat in the back.

http://www.armormax.com/blog/15-interesting-facts-about-armoured-vehicles-and-why-individuals-need-protection-around-the-world/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Harrymig1(m): 1:55am On May 14, 2017
Can't wait to have one.

9 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by superior494(m): 1:56am On May 14, 2017
Wao!!!
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by mmafhew(m): 2:12am On May 14, 2017
[/b]
[b]3)It would take less than 6 months to get to the Moon by an armoured car at 60mph (95km/h)

Sorry sir if i may ask which way? I tot its only tru air they go dont know you can get to the moon tru land

40 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by obafemee80(m): 2:25am On May 14, 2017
mmafhew:

[/b]
[b]3)It would take less than 6 months to get to the Moon by an armoured car at 60mph (95km/h)

Sorry sir if i may ask which way? I tot its only tru air they go dont know you can get to the moon tru land

On average, the distance from Earth to the moon is about 238,855 miles (384,400 km)
So it will take less than 6 months at 60mph to complete the distance on a road grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nutase: 4:24am On May 14, 2017
A total waste of money. Can they armour life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by wahles(m): 7:25am On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
in cases of attempted kidnap, assassination or robbery! It gives u control of d situation, aw u utilize or escape is entirely left to u

28 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nutase: 7:35am On May 14, 2017
wahles:
in cases of attempted kidnap, assassination or robbery! It gives u control of d situation, aw u utilize or escape is entirely left to u
I heard of one that was demobilized and set on fire which forced the occupants out to face their doom. That's why I insist it's a total waste..

5 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by wahles(m): 7:52am On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
I heard of one that was demobilized and set on fire which forced the occupants out to face their doom. That's why I insist it's a total waste..
who knows probably they got Cheapest one they could afford! ;Don a lighter note..

7 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by habex005(m): 8:31am On May 14, 2017
noted
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Alexk2(m): 8:33am On May 14, 2017
Now i know.

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by wayray: 8:37am On May 14, 2017
Are armoureds also fire proof?
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by malenko01(m): 8:38am On May 14, 2017
ok

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by AustineCJ: 8:38am On May 14, 2017
Wow well I won't say anithing negative rather God bless me too with life goodies like dis.....weda the car is vanity or not let me have 1kwa....

6 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by mach98(m): 8:46am On May 14, 2017
People value their lives gan no be small grin You fit take your armored vehicle go mushin while your iphone 7, wads of dollars go dae side seat while them wolves go dae give you that look...

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by seunny4lif(m): 8:49am On May 14, 2017
grin grin
6 seconds
Abi the OP think we are in Russia grin grin
This is Nigeria and police will not come until 3 hours later.
The armour to don run away from the car grin grin
Hmmmmmmm
What about armoured okada? I don see one before cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by fuckboys: 8:50am On May 14, 2017
Why didn't they shoot on the glass with an M15? cheesy
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Nature8(m): 8:50am On May 14, 2017
Very interesting

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by talk2alabama: 8:51am On May 14, 2017
Because you have stepped on toes . that is why you need an armoured car
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by hothead(m): 8:53am On May 14, 2017
The World's must luxurious armoured vehicles. Dartz Motors. They have their own edition of the Benz - G class called the iTempter. I am Dartz agent in Nigeria. Looking for the 1st Nigerian mad man to buy one. http://dartz.us/

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by groovie(m): 8:53am On May 14, 2017
Pry open the fuel tank and put a grenade inside.
The day i saw this in a movie i discovered how everything is vanity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by smartty68(m): 8:57am On May 14, 2017
Nutase:
grin

Nutase:
Expected this from you. Sounds more like sarcasm but its the plain truth. In the end they still die because the have more enemies than any citizens grin

wahles:
Indeed! Waste of resources!
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Decryptor(m): 9:08am On May 14, 2017
7)The most popular armoured vehicle in the world is the Toyota Landcruiser

I think you meant Nigeria and not WORLD!

Have you heard of the Marauder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoRmT0iRic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by stevio(m): 9:09am On May 14, 2017
Do u have a kidnap value grin?
Harrymig1:
Can't wait to have one.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by meezynetwork(m): 9:10am On May 14, 2017
Is the tyre armoured too?

2 Likes

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by abiambo(m): 9:13am On May 14, 2017
mmafhew:

[/b]

Considered the distance btw the earth and moon and speed of the car (95KM/ hr)
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by RapportNaija(m): 9:17am On May 14, 2017
hothead:
The World's must luxurious armoured vehicles. Dartz Motors. They have their own edition of the Benz - G class called the iTempter. I am Dartz agent in Nigeria. Looking for the 1st Nigerian mad man to buy one. http://dartz.us/
Mad man indeed hahaha grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by uvalued(m): 9:21am On May 14, 2017
so do i ...

@ obafemee80(m): 1:50am

does second hand value armored car (tokunbo) still have value like the new after say 5years.

what of the tyres of the armoured cars are they bullet proofed

1 Like

Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by SmartyPants(m): 9:21am On May 14, 2017
Nutase:

You heard of one case... And that leads you to co conclude that its a total waste...

Oh boy. cry
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by jericco1(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2017
Quite expensive, the price for the bugatti is eye watering.
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Dindondin(m): 9:41am On May 14, 2017
I just love Range Rover polythene bags. They are highly durable and elastic
Re: 15 Interesting Facts About Armoured Vehicles That Most People Might Not Know by Kaybaba5(m): 9:50am On May 14, 2017
It is all about money, the poor man or an average man will never think of vehicle talkless armoured vehicle.
More money more problems.....

Just say.........

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) / List Of Approved Traffic/vehicle Offences In Nigeria / About 10 Men Sitting On A Bus On A Lekki Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.