Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank (636 Views)

Bulama Bukarti Makes Senior Associate At US Thinktank (Photo) / Participate In Women In Parliament And Policy Development' Webinar Series / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by isnovic(m): 2:57am On May 14, 2017
Guys I have been playing with this idea for a while now, partly for the reason that it shouted down and on the other hand it if it flies it places moral weight on Nairaland founder Seun and his moderator.

Additionally, since we are all too aware of the Almighty Rule 9 and the article of our association I had to place a lid on it but like so many times before when I have ignored doing anything about a situation or saying something about a thing and it jumps right back and hits you in the face.

touché.....

Yesterday guys, Saudi put off the commissioning of the tallest tower in the world to 2019 and as usual we cried from behind our keyboards, behind some moniker complaining about our present lot.

Nothing changes if we complain. If you intend to see the change you want, you have to dream about it and pursue its realization.

Guys we need to gather critical mass here and beyond to force a change in the way things are done in this country.

These old politicians do not have us in mind at all, they are only interested in furthering their political dynasties for themselves and their children to rule over us and our children.

We need a nairaland parliament and its cabinet to evolve economic blueprint that is both pan-Nigerian and forward looking.

As Soludo put it some days ago, Ideas basically rules the world and big ideas is required to move us from our present conundrum.

We need to put out our best out there, evolving a strategy to get what we want should not be too difficult with all the brilliant minds we have here.

Lalasticlala, we need a Nairaland social movement that provides solution to our present problems and present viable alternatives to current ones.
We need to halt the propensity to slide into perpetual keyboard complaints and forge an air tight blueprint to all economic dialogue and debates that challenges the present outcome.

If you think about secessionism, then this not for you.
If you also think of arm revolution, then this is not for you.
This presenting the viable alternative discourse to all actions and knocking on all doors and shouting in all ears that matters to force a change by presenting clear intelligent debate to the alternatives available

We owe it to ourselves to live at least for once, like humans not economic refugees in all the far corners of the earth.
We owe it to ourselves to live at least for once, to walk any where in this earth with pride, to be known and addressed as a Nigerian.
We owe it to ourselves to take for granted things like electricity, water, advance social infrastructure obtainable anywhere in the world and not to live in perpetual squalor, dirt and be inundated by filthy excuses from our present crop of leaders.

We owe it to history, to our unborn children to recall that there was once lived noble Nigerians who sacrificed so they may live like humans and not the dregs of the world.

We owe it to ourselves, the gift of a country, Nigeria of your dreams is yours for the asking, Take it, make your voice heard. Knock all doors until your dreams of a better country is implemented.

There is no way, the richest polithiefian is richer than all Nigerians if we contribute just one naira daily to sponsor someone we identify as carrying the dreams and aspirations that we all articulate/share irrespective of his political affiliations.

Enough of this our lay back stance, active parliamentarian would result in constructive criticism, better sources for gauging social concerns, policies and laws.
It will provide the social platform for transforming brilliant ideas to implementable alternatives.

and who knows we might one day see the likes of a nairaland parliamentarian who embodies the truth and letter of our aspiration win a local council ward, state and even the presidency elections.

Lalasticlala, Seun please give this the usual forensic review and if it is okay, implement as we both want the same thing.

A better Nigeria, one where I am not tagged for drugs, 419, scum and dreg of the world but a co-equal due to the advancement of life in Nigeria as it is obtainable anywhere else in the world.
A future where my beautiful girls need no become oloshos to survive, but be remembered for their contributions to the advancement of humanity.
A better Nigeria where there they are no longer limited by the green passport they call home.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by SHEAU(m): 10:55am On May 14, 2017
Ok. we don hear
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by Blue3k(m): 10:59am On May 14, 2017
Ok I have my own ideas. It's not complete policy plan though. The closet I got is LG autonomy lost I made. The rest like Local police forces needed contributions from other posters to give to fill in gaps.
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by waledeji(m): 11:29am On May 14, 2017
OP go away.. .. We only chants... Afonja. .. IPob... Tinubu.. .. Osu.... Brown roof.. . Igbos here.... If you can't chant any of those name gerara here jor undecided undecided grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by isnovic(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2017
waledeji:
OP go away.. .. We only chants... Afonja. .. IPob... Tinubu.. .. Osu.... Brown roof.. . Igbos here.... If you can't chant any of those name gerara here jor undecided undecided grin grin

lol.

But after we chant all these, we go need where to sleep wey AC go blow our nunus and blokos.
We go need where to lego, take cold chilled beer to laugh and chant more yabis.
We go need somewhere to work to get small moulah for pocket.

If we get it right, then all this yabis go be fun, and people go really understyand why Nigerians are truly different and HAPPY.
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by fulanimafia: 4:16pm On May 15, 2017
Subscribed and following.
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by eltalentino(m): 4:29pm On May 15, 2017
isnovic:
Guys I have been playing with this idea for a while now, partly for the reason that it shouted down and on the other hand it if it flies it places moral weight on Nairaland founder Seun and his moderator.

Additionally, since we are all too aware of the Almighty Rule 9 and the article of our association I had to place a lid on it but like so many times before when I have ignored doing anything about a situation or saying something about a thing and it jumps right back and hits you in the face.

touché.....

Yesterday guys, Saudi put off the commissioning of the tallest tower in the world to 2019 and as usual we cried from behind our keyboards, behind some moniker complaining about our present lot.

Nothing changes if we complain. If you intend to see the change you want, you have to dream about it and pursue its realization.

Guys we need to gather critical mass here and beyond to force a change in the way things are done in this country.

These old politicians do not have us in mind at all, they are only interested in furthering their political dynasties for themselves and their children to rule over us and our children.

We need a nairaland parliament and its cabinet to evolve economic blueprint that is both pan-Nigerian and forward looking.

As Soludo put it some days ago, Ideas basically rules the world and big ideas is required to move us from our present conundrum.

We need to put out our best out there, evolving a strategy to get what we want should not be too difficult with all the brilliant minds we have here.

Lalasticlala, we need a Nairaland social movement that provides solution to our present problems and present viable alternatives to current ones.
We need to halt the propensity to slide into perpetual keyboard complaints and forge an air tight blueprint to all economic dialogue and debates that challenges the present outcome.

If you think about secessionism, then this not for you.
If you also think of arm revolution, then this is not for you.
This presenting the viable alternative discourse to all actions and knocking on all doors and shouting in all ears that matters to force a change by presenting clear intelligent debate to the alternatives available

We owe it to ourselves to live at least for once, like humans not economic refugees in all the far corners of the earth.
We owe it to ourselves to live at least for once, to walk any where in this earth with pride, to be known and addressed as a Nigeria.
We owe it to ourselves to take for granted things like electricity, water, advance social infrastructure obtainable anywhere in the world and not to live in perpetual squalor, dirt and filthy excuses from our present crop of leaders.

We owe it to history, to our unborn children to recall that there was once lived noble Nigerians who sacrificed so they may live like humans and not the dregs of the world.

There is no way, the richest polithiefian is richer than all Nigerians if we contribute just one naira daily to sponsor someone we identify as carrying the dreams and aspirations that we all articulate/share irrespective of his political affiliations.

Enough of this our lay back stance, active parliamentarian would result in constructive criticism, better sources for gauging social concerns, policies and laws.
It will provide the social platform for transforming brilliant ideas to implementable alternatives.

and who knows we might one day see the likes of a nairaland parliamentarian who embodies the truth and the latter of our aspiration that will in local council ward, state and even the presidency.

Lalasticlala, Seun please give this the usual forensic review and if it is okay, implement as we both want the same thing. A better Nigeria, one where I am not tagged for drugs, 419, scum and dreg of the world but a co-equal due to the advancement of life in Nigeria as it is obtainable anywhere else in the world.
let's chat on what app. 08062497027
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by isnovic(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2017
eltalentino:
let's chat on what app. 08062497027

will add ya
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by Amoto94(m): 5:03pm On May 15, 2017
I'm game anything for the socioeconomic advancement of Nigeria and Nigerians I'm in.
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by isnovic(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2017
Amoto94:
I'm game anything for the socioeconomic advancement of Nigeria and Nigerians I'm in.

Join the chat group, we need a working plan.
All has got to be ready before we take it to the mods.
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 15, 2017
following..
Re: Nairalanders Parliament And Economic Thinktank by isnovic(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2017
Thanks to all who have joined the whatsapp group....we will get there.

(1) (Reply)

If Your Father Was Not In Ibb's Daughter Wedding Then........... / Be Careful, They Know Your Location - Soyinka Warns Sahara Reporters / *gbenga Adeboye And The APC Masquerade*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.