Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead (21838 Views)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Legitimate Online Jobs In Nigeria / How Civil Servants In Nigeria Are Graded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by goingape1: 6:34pm On May 14, 2017
OmaniPadmeHum:

His point is, if you are 30 you should stop hustling for jobs and put your efforts into personal business ventures. This is without prejudice to connection. Leave the job race for fresh graduates in the usually requested age group which most times we read in job adverts as 24 years max and in few occasions 26 years old max.

It is actualy a wise thing if a young person can establish some venture on his/her own and grow it. A lot of people claim that their job hunting is to get salary and start up capital for business. A lot of them are however caught up in the rat race and get hooked to the 30 days make one income syndrome. They are scared, too tired, or too unmotivated to leave and start up the business they had in mind. The challenges of Nigeria also discourage a lot of people, especially when they see other start ups fail.

Run your own mile, achieve greatness. If we keep relying ONLY on the Government and it's creation of a conducive environment for businesses and hence jobs, we will wait for a long time and waste our youth. I don't even think we should wait till 30. If you are 24 and you have an idea and the opportunity, start up something. Even if you are working try other income streams.

so where will you get the money to start your own small businesses?

will you steal undecided

you need something to start something and something just don't start itself!

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by goingape1: 6:36pm On May 14, 2017
wahabian:

What the heck are you talking about? Seems like you took too much alomo.

it takes wisdom to understand
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 14, 2017
goingape1:

it takes wisdom to understand

Goodluck with the wisdom ,seems you have loads of it.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by RuddyFusion(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2017
handsomeclouds:
[s][/s]
[s]Jobs in Nigeria are for the connected and for the long-legged people not necessarily those under 30.
[/s]

Yes its true some firms don't employ those above 30 but .....You will get a job once you know your onions....Those that do will employ you once you know your stuff.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by RuddyFusion(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:
I don run come DC, currently working two jobs here...I just feel for my brothers and sisters...just activate your plan B and forget that wicked country.

Bro how did you get to DC? show your homie the way
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by RuddyFusion(m): 6:54pm On May 14, 2017
Seyeah23:
I think having a personal business or traveling abroad is the best idea for those above 30. Most vacancies in here now states Below 25 years old and with 3 years working experience.

This country just dey weak person every day

Yes its true some firms don't employ those above 30 but those that do will employ you once you know your stuff.....i was above 30 when i got my last job and above 30 when i got the current one ( infact i got two offers at the same time )....And i know those that don't descriminate by age as far as you're below 40 and know your stuff, you can get em.....

And some job self are for those who are 35 and Above

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 14, 2017
goingape1:

will you steal undecided

Start small. Every one wants Shell. I wanted Shell too. But when it did not come, I taught, sold phone accessories, worked as a labourer, plus many other menial jobs. It is not every business that requires huge capital to start off. If it does then do other small stuff for now and save for it. Learn skills and take action. Then let the luck come and let God/nature (or what ever you believe in) bless your efforts.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 14, 2017
I know this might be sound a little far-fetched, but can't we just put pressure on NASS to put a stop to age discrimination in the job market? State of origin, religion, sex, age ( below official retirement bracket should be acceptable), shouldn't be grounds to disqualify people from applying to their dream jobs.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by donqx: 7:29pm On May 14, 2017
maybe
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 14, 2017
ayenitre:
I know this might be sound a little far-fetched, but can't we just put pressure on NASS to put a stop to age discrimination in the job market? State of origin, religion, sex, age ( below official retirement bracket should be acceptable), shouldn't be grounds to disqualify people from applying to their dream jobs.

In Europe, they actually have policies against some of these. They are considered discriminatory and companies put up policies against these on their websites. You CV will not even be given attention if you put up some details like Sex, Age, State of Origin etc.

For now the Nigerian labour laws are anti the employee/job seeker. Like you said, the best thing is to change these laws and ensure the process removes discrimination.

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by naijajobx: 7:33pm On May 14, 2017
tru
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 360command: 7:46pm On May 14, 2017
easzypeaszy:
Tnx OP u try..av bin tinkin abt same tin bt here is what i did...

Am in my late 20s(29) bt wt B.Sc so I decided n wrote d just concluded Waec n cut 3yrs from my age...pls guys do u tink it cn wrk fr me as I apply fr job as 26..tnx
Naija! you are smart to reason this way but not smart to think as a small business developer.

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by sultanfortune(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2017
May God help us all out of the problems of this hell called a country.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Codes151(m): 8:09pm On May 14, 2017
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 14, 2017
Akeem1759:
If care is not taken ehn, Nigeria can ambush someone's ambition.. OP me I'm even confused right now, business idea flowing but no capital, even the abroad self, I no even know where to go.. I'm tired biko
can u give me such example of business idea
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by CellTabRepairs: 8:20pm On May 14, 2017
Poster is 100% correct. Hustle . This country holds no promise for anyone other than what you promise yourself.
Are U yet to get a job 5 months into 2017? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are U retired, sacked or tired of salary work? U want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? 1.Make average $30-$50 or more daily2.Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities in people]3.Grow in IT knowledge 4.Be highly sought after [Money looking for U].5.Employ others! Just get "Mobile Phones & Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals" from Amazon marketplaces, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc today & LEARN HOW TO EARN thru this bestselling book! Don't waste 1 WHOLE yr waiting for a (THAT) job !

Click signature, view and get it immediately
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by destinel(m): 8:21pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:
I don run come DC, currently working two jobs here...I just feel for my brothers and sisters...just activate your plan B and forget that wicked country.

Bro, pls can u kindly reach me or how can I contact you. Have got some things to clarify ad regards my travelling... Thanks so much:

adeleyeniran@gmail.com
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Molayan: 8:40pm On May 14, 2017
What about going for msc during job hunt and even PhD as well
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by Abdul124(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2017
My pal use to say"when desirable is nt available,d available becomes d desirable".i.e learn to manage.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by sircrabo: 9:44pm On May 14, 2017
Thebiggest room is the room for improvement. I don't believe job search ends at 30, the graceof God and good skill will get you a job easily. Even if you don't have a skill now, itsnever too late to develop one. The problem is searching for a job with no skill acquired, you'll be treated like the rest. A friend of mine just completed a 6 month course in PTI warri, he's been attached to an oil firm as a safety personnel. ICT will pave ways foryou too. Its those mass recruitment jobs like bnks that require age

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by sircrabo: 9:49pm On May 14, 2017
Thebiggest room is the room for improvement. I don't believe job search ends at 30, the graceof God and good skill will get you a job easily. Even if you don't have a skill now, itsnever too late to develop one. The problem is searching for a job with no skill acquired, you'll be treated like the rest. A friend of mine just completed a 6 month course in PTI warri, he's been attached to an oil firm as a safety personnel. ICT will pave ways foryou too. Its those mass recruitment jobs like bnks that require age

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by siegfried99(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:

I wouldn't mind if u can assist me with the processing details.. I have sent u pm
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by sircrabo: 9:56pm On May 14, 2017

Thebiggest room is the room for improvement. I don't believe job search ends at 30, the graceof God and good skill will get you a job easily. Even if you don't have a skill now, itsnever too late to develop one. The problem is searching for a job with no skill acquired, you'll be treated like the rest. A friend of mine just completed a 6 month course in PTI warri, he's been attached to an oil firm as a safety personnel. He is 37 yrs old. ICT will pave ways foryou too. Its those mass recruitment jobs like bnks that require age

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by lilreese: 9:58pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:

how did you migrate share please ?
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by martinz1: 10:25pm On May 14, 2017
dancok:
bro pls help a brother,i just need where to stay,that is what is delaying me paper,i don't know anyone there.
Please what kind of visa ar u procsn, student visa requires admision
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by BLACKPANTHER(m): 10:47pm On May 14, 2017
goingape1:

will you steal undecided

Wait for the money to rain on the floor plenty time is waiting for you...
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by BLACKPANTHER(m): 10:48pm On May 14, 2017
martinz1:

Please what kind of visa ar u procsn, student visa requires admision

hapses2@gmail.com
Contact me here

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by BLACKPANTHER(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2017
sircrabo:

Thebiggest room is the room for improvement. I don't believe job search ends at 30, the graceof God and good skill will get you a job easily. Even if you don't have a skill now, itsnever too late to develop one. The problem is searching for a job with no skill acquired, you'll be treated like the rest. A friend of mine just completed a 6 month course in PTI warri, he's been attached to an oil firm as a safety personnel. He is 37 yrs old. ICT will pave ways foryou too. Its those mass recruitment jobs like bnks that require age

My friend go and sit down in beer parlor and talk that one...words of elders are words of wisdom. So working for yourself or doing something capable of making you self dependent no be work abi?

My friend go and sit down in beer parlor and talk that one...words of elders are words of wisdom. So working for yourself or doing something capable of making you self dependent no be work abi?
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by goingape1: 10:54pm On May 14, 2017
BLACKPANTHER:

Wait for the money to rain on the floor plenty time is waiting for you...
just as your father waited for it to rain on the floor undecided

before you start talking blabla bla!

I did a job, save up and start my own bizz. that was the initial source of income. bizz don't start itself you need something to start something and not just coming here and be talking some phucked up motivational rubbish.
Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by BLACKPANTHER(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2017
goingape1:
just as your father waited for it to rain on the floor undecided

before you start talking blabla bla!

I did a job, save up and start my own bizz. that was the initial source of income. bizz don't start itself you need something to start something and not just coming here and be talking some phucked up motivational rubbish.
See your head like Mango...so you know how money comes initially for business and you are asking? I don't blame you..you are the type that mislead people to fail.. And atleast my papa wey u abuse is proudly eating the fruits of my labour only God know if yours are having from you

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by 3kay945(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2017
We employed recently and we didn't specify age. But most of the new intake are below 30. It was based on their performance and God grace. cool

1 Like

Re: Jobs In Nigeria Are For Children - If You Have Crossed 30 Move Ahead by BLACKPANTHER(m): 11:09pm On May 14, 2017
LastMumu:
"Jobs in Nigeria are for Children "

So in essence, you are saying anyone below 30 is still a child? undecided

Sorry I made a mistake not child, it's baby. So you are now an English Grammer Master and can't use your brain to understand how we Nigerians express ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified / The Lagos State Government Has Started Online Registration Of Jobless People / Nigeria Immigration Service In Another Illegal Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.