Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea (5847 Views)

Nigerians React As Saraki Dances At Atiku's Campaign In Ekiti & Ondo / Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders / BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by mcebisco07: 6:51am On May 14, 2017
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has broken the National Assembly record, by endorsing the 2017 National Assembly budget open to the public, thereby ending 8 years of secrecy, instituted by his predecessors.
Recall, that former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, was among the agitators, among others, that the National Assembly budget be made open to the Nigerian public.
The decision was reached at the meeting of the joint leadership of the Senate and the House of Representatives, which commenced late Monday, and ended moments after midnight, on Tuesday.
Following the resolution, the proposed 2017 budget of the National Assembly, is to be laid in both Houses on Tuesday, when the Lawmakers reconvene for business.
“It is now certain”, one source said, “the budget of the National Assembly will be laid this morning, the leaders of the National Assembly, Senate and the House of Representatives have decided. The Speaker was also here.”

The source did not however, disclose the total sum of the budget, which stood at N115 billion, in.......http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/05/breaking-nationwide-jubilation-as.html

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by obojememe: 7:07am On May 14, 2017
*hisssssss*
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by sunnysunny69(m): 7:09am On May 14, 2017
Nice one, openness and public accountability is one of the ways corruption could be fought.

3 Likes

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Kdon2: 7:37am On May 14, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Nice one, openness and public accountability is one of the ways corruption could be fought.

this op need sense asap!

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by hisgrace090: 7:38am On May 14, 2017
Good move.
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Jaideyone(m): 7:45am On May 14, 2017
the budget of thieves, buying cars, office equipments and computers every year. spending almost 300million naira on news paper for the senate alone. why can't the senators drive the same new cars for 8years? I've used a tokunbo car for 3yrs and all I had to change were the kick starter and breakpad.

senate should be scrapped

6 Likes

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by slimfit1(m): 7:54am On May 14, 2017
Sad story I can tell you that.
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by sunnysunny69(m): 8:12am On May 14, 2017
Kdon2:

this op need sense asap!
you are a kid and could do with some lecture. Corruption exist in each society but the Scandinavian have some of the least. Their disclosure of budgets information closes the door to waste and misappropriation of public funds. Therefore, we should should seek to promote budget information disclosure as well as enhance participation throughout the budget process. It's a long way to get there but this is a right step even though this thieves allocated billions to themselves. Now that I borrowed you little bit of sense, keep it and share it with your folks *sshole !

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Readir: 8:13am On May 14, 2017
Well done sir
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Kdon2: 8:37am On May 14, 2017
sunnysunny69:
you are a kid and could do with some lecture. Corruption exist in each society but the Scandinavian have some of the least. Their disclosure of budgets information closes the door to waste and misappropriation of public funds. Therefore, we should should seek to promote budget information disclosure as well as enhance participation throughout the budget process. It's a long way to get there but this is a right step even though this thieves allocated billions to themselves. Now that I borrowed you little bit of sense, keep it and share it with your folks *sshole !

it shows from your response that you lack manners. You are fill yourself with gutter language. Sorry for you sir as your claim to old age seems ludicrous.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Kdon2: 8:45am On May 14, 2017
sunnysunny69:

you are full of shit as you lack manners despite your claim to old age which is very ludicrous judging by your predisposition to vulgarity
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by GeeOh(f): 8:49am On May 14, 2017
jubilation ko jiration ni
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Nobody: 8:50am On May 14, 2017
Thieves
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Flyingngel(m): 8:52am On May 14, 2017
I tire for this country ooo. Everything na celebration. Now wey b say im don open the budget for una to see ; una go follow see wetin them dey use d money for oo. Chai! Niaja people i hail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by sunnysunny69(m): 9:01am On May 14, 2017
Kdon2:

you are full of shit as you lack manners despite your claim to old age which is very ludicrous judging by your predisposition to vulgarity
You replied twice, the words and reality just sank in. It feels good it's paining you keeping in mind you attack my comment first you scorn.

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by obonujoker(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2017
Ssraki the slayer of Tinubu....
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Nobody: 11:23am On May 14, 2017
sunnysunny69:

Chaii!! You need to open a school or lesson. LOL
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Kdon2: 1:02pm On May 14, 2017
sunnysunny69:
You replied twice, the words and reality just sank in. It feels good it's paining you keeping in mind you attack my comment first you scorn.
senseless scumbag

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by yungryce: 1:33pm On May 14, 2017
good one. we do hope its the real thing
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Realkenny(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2017
What difference would it make
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by KINGwax007(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2017
After that, did it remove the discrepancies in it?
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by tonytony208(m): 1:51pm On May 14, 2017
mcebisco07:
Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has broken the National Assembly record, by endorsing the 2017 National Assembly budget open to the public, thereby ending 8 years of secrecy, instituted by his predecessors.
Recall, that former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, was among the agitators, among others, that the National Assembly budget be made open to the Nigerian public.
The decision was reached at the meeting of the joint leadership of the Senate and the House of Representatives, which commenced late Monday, and ended moments after midnight, on Tuesday.
Following the resolution, the proposed 2017 budget of the National Assembly, is to be laid in both Houses on Tuesday, when the Lawmakers reconvene for business.
“It is now certain”, one source said, “the budget of the National Assembly will be laid this morning, the leaders of the National Assembly, Senate and the House of Representatives have decided. The Speaker was also here.”

The source did not however, disclose the total sum of the budget, which stood at N115 billion, in.......http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/05/breaking-nationwide-jubilation-as.html

Please look for another way to promote the saraki selfish agenda. Thus one is damn too stupid
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by darlinsval(m): 2:14pm On May 14, 2017
Senate Pres. Saraki is a role model that all upcoming politician needs to emulate.
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by linuxuser(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2017
How much did the Saints in Aso Rock budget for Health? and where is Buhari attending to his health at the moment?. The 2016 budget in Aso Rock was spent on what? Go and count how many times Buhari went overseas for treatment last year and how much does it cost? Corruption is APC and APC is corruption either they be in Senate or Aso Rock. They are worst than any party in history.

Jaideyone:
the budget of thieves, buying cars, office equipments and computers every year. spending almost 300million naira on news paper for the senate alone. why can't the senators drive the same new cars for 8years? I've used a tokunbo car for 3yrs and all I had to change were the kick starter and breakpad.

senate should be scrapped
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by jom28gy(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2017
Good development
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by smellingmenses: 2:40pm On May 14, 2017
Kdon2:

senseless scumbag
Asswipe.
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Jaideyone(m): 2:51pm On May 14, 2017
linuxuser:
How much did the Saints in Aso Rock budget for Health? and where is Buhari attending to his health at the moment?. The 2016 budget in Aso Rock was spent on what? Go and count how many times Buhari went overseas for treatment last year and how much does it cost? Corruption is APC and APC is corruption either they be in Senate or Aso Rock. They are worst than any party in history.

ogbeni shut up if you don't have any reasonable thing to say. do I look like the type that defends politicians blindly? of course they are all thieves. stop trying to paint APC black. the nass is made up of both and they are all thieves. we haven't forgotten the 16yrs of PDP misrule so take your stup!d as$ opinion and shove it in your as$hole. the only reason I defend buhari is because he's still slightly better than the mor0n before him (GEJ) who watered corruption. they are all mediocre so I'm not trying to defend anyone.
next time don't quote me and start ranting
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Kdon2: 2:54pm On May 14, 2017
smellingmenses:

Asswipe.

i engage sensible people not filth.
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by smellingmenses: 2:56pm On May 14, 2017
Kdon2:

i engage sensible people not filth.
I am not your father...
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by Max24: 3:34pm On May 14, 2017
The stealing senators!!!
Re: Nationwide Jubilation As Saraki Shocks The World, Breaks National Assembly 8 Yea by fyneguy: 5:30pm On May 14, 2017
Nationwide jubilation in Ghana?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: #iamigbotoo Trending On Twitter / Renewable Energy Investments In Nigeria Get $70 Million Boost / When I Said Obi Is Dangerous In Court,some Apc Members Didnt Understand Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.