Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ (11806 Views)

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Daddy Freeze, Crazeclown: Doctor Saves Life In Theatre You Take Gifts To Pastors / Lizzy Johnson Suleman Gives 3 Church Members Cars & Cash Gifts To Mark Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by osheminlore90: 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
nice write up, you are a good teacher
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by ediscuss: 4:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
irynterri:
Matt 25:31-46: And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty.

32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.

34Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

36Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me.

37Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee?

39Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee?

40And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

41Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

42For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink.

43I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me.

44Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee?

45Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

46And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting. A day shall come when both me writing this and you reading this shall fulfil this prophecy, the question is will you want to fulfil the goat or the sheep

So many Christians today spend hours worshipping God and keeping his commands without backing it up with action, as Christians our primary duty is worshipping God in truth and in spirit,keeping his commandments, spreading the good news of our salvation and helping the needy

QUES:HOW IMPORTANT IS CHARITY?
ANS: Luke 16:19-31,Jesus gave the parable of the rich man and Lazarus,clearly the sin of the rich man was he neglected the poor man at his gate, Matthew 19:21,Jesus told the man who seeked eternal life to sell his properties and give to the poor in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

QUES:THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH IN CHARITY
ANS:Acts 2:45,says that the early Christians sold all they had and distributed it amongst themselves such that no one is in need.quite unfortunately that scenario does not happen in our world today, but it is necessary that every church should have an association or society that takes care of the needy as well as raise capitals for members to start a business venture with.i know of a TREM parish that gives food to the poor every afternoon,most Catholic churches have societies that address the needs of the poor,if u dont have one where you worship,try to introduce it,if not possible join another help the needy team,eternal life is an individual race.Whenever you are financially low as a Christian,it is your basic duty to approach your pastor/priest for financial aid as done by the early Christians.

QUES:WHAT KIND OF CHARITY IS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD
ANS: Matthew 6:2-5:
“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

QUES:WHAT IF I AM NOT RICH?
ANS:you do not have to be Bill Gates to practise charity. Charity is to share from the little you have. If you come back to school with two packets of biscuit you could give one off to a poor student or person you know, you can share your food with a poor person who yet to eat, as a conductor,you could give a free seat to that poor widow who begs for a ride home, if you sell clothes,you could keep some back especially coats to share for the homeless during Harmattan and cold weather etc.

QUES:IS TITHE THE SAME AS CHARITY?
ANS:tithe is a spiritual work to support the church and gospel,it comes with his own Grace while charity in this context entails giving to those who have no chances to give back to you.

QUES:who do I give to?
ANS:from the closest to you who is in need,in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man this was the sin of the rich man, to those far from you irrespective of their tribe, race,sex and religion.

In summary James 1:27 says the Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.Choose today if you want to be the goat or sheep, other scriptures: James 2:1-26.

Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by DavidEsq(m): 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
irynterri:
one of the reasons why I decided to write this,most churches today preach more about conquering the earth whereas in reality Jesus came that we can have have a share in paradise not earth,we do not belong to this world but that which is yet to come,thanks for your contribution
So wr does psalm 37:29 come in if earth was never a part of God's equation of paradise?
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by bionixs: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
Dotwillis1:
oponu am I a church? or I asked you to pay me tithe?
I feel for the church. your are the type that has nothing to offer but takes from the offering box at a slight chance.
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
MEILYN:
I was expecting you to drop a Bible verse that supports your tithes claim. You gave us Bible verses for everything except for your tithes point.
They don't have any bible verses supporting that claim. whatever, it is made clear in Deuteronomy 14 how tithes should be paid. Any contrary opinion to such is a scam.
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Makschinchin: 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
irynterri:
Matt 25:31-46: And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty.

32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats:

34Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

35For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

36Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me.

37Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee?

40And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

41Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.

42For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink.

43I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me.

44Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee?

45Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me.

46And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting. A day shall come when both me writing this and you reading this shall fulfil this prophecy, the question is will you want to fulfil the goat or the sheep

So many Christians today spend hours worshipping God and keeping his commands without backing it up with action, as Christians our primary duty is worshipping God in truth and in spirit,keeping his commandments, spreading the good news of our salvation and helping the needy

ANS: Luke 16:19-31,Jesus gave the parable of the rich man and Lazarus,clearly the sin of the rich man was he neglected the poor man at his gate, Matthew 19:21,Jesus told the man who seeked eternal life to sell his properties and give to the poor in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

ANS:Acts 2:45,says that the early Christians sold all they had and distributed it amongst themselves such that no one is in need.quite unfortunately that scenario does not happen in our world today, but it is necessary that every church should have an association or society that takes care of the needy as well as raise capitals for members to start a business venture with.i know of a TREM parish that gives food to the poor every afternoon,most Catholic churches have societies that address the needs of the poor,if u dont have one where you worship,try to introduce it,if not possible join another help the needy team,eternal life is an individual race.Whenever you are financially low as a Christian,it is your basic duty to approach your pastor/priest for financial aid as done by the early Christians.

“So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

ANS:you do not have to be Bill Gates to practise charity. Charity is to share from the little you have. If you come back to school with two packets of biscuit you could give one off to a poor student or person you know, you can share your food with a poor person who yet to eat, as a conductor,you could give a free seat to that poor widow who begs for a ride home, if you sell clothes,you could keep some back especially coats to share for the homeless during Harmattan and cold weather etc.

ANS:tithe is a spiritual work to support the church and gospel,it comes with his own Grace while charity in this context entails giving to those who have no chances to give back to you.

ANS:from the closest to you who is in need,in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man this was the sin of the rich man, to those far from you irrespective of their tribe, race,sex and religion.

In summary James 1:27 says the Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.Choose today if you want to be the goat or sheep, other scriptures: James 2:1-26.

Kudos dear.. Thanks for sharing
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by teejay167(m): 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
INSIGHTFUL
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Dotwillis1(m): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
bionixs:
I feel for the church. your are the type that has nothing to offer but takes from the offering box at a slight chance.
I feel for your sense
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 05, 2018
of all the old testament laws, only tithing is initiated by today churches. what happened to an eye for an eye tooth for a tooth, do not shave the corners of your head,.. we would have eaten and swallowed the whole law of Moses!! We so ignorant and gullible!!!
Christianity is based on the teachings of Christ; oneness, Golden rule and most importantly charity!!
op is right!!
stay woke,
Re: How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ by chifrancisca: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2018
irynterri:

Thanks. Good Information, I copied it. So I told you for permission to copy it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe / Please Stop Farting In Church / The NBC ban of unverified TV miracles in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.