Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Rekindle The Fire! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rekindle The Fire! (535 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rekindle The Fire! by tribeofdavid(m): 7:32am On May 14, 2017
REKINDLE THE FIRE

Leviticus 6:13 A fire shall always be burning on the altar; it shall never go out.

To be ever ready vessels for God's use in all purity , an ever cleansing & purging fire must be indwelling us. Ever-Purging- True, because we daily walk through the obscenities & defilement in this fallen world, hence a need for continual washing. A fire of Zeal and Godly motivation for the things of God, fire of passion for God's will and all sorts that pertains to our new nature In Christ.
O
Furthermore. There are some points I want us to note about fire.

1) Fire remains dangerous irrespective of its size
James 3:5b(ERV)..A big forest fire can be started with only a little flame.
Perhaps you've been depressed and frustrated because what you have can be described as a 'little flame'...May I tell you that this fire has its own energy for results too. Do you also know that it has a great potential of growing if you feed it, which brings us to the next point.

2) Fire can be intensified.
Daniel 3:1 Then Nebuchadnezzar was full of fury... He spoke and commanded that they heat the furnace seven times more than it was usually heated.
Fire can be stirred to become a wilder fire than usual. The question is- Are you furious enough? Are you still contented with your little "flame"? Our Father is a consuming fire, why should we,His children be any less?

3) Fire consists of Heat, Light & Flame.
Notice these three elements still exists as a division, but together, they make up a powerful force. This may be a good antitype to the mystery of the Trinity. The Holy Ghost as Heat, Jesus Christ the Son as Light, The Father as the Flame. He who is wholly & completely on Fire is carrying the Trinity Bodily!
John 14:23 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my WORDS: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Remember....'is not His word like a Fire'? Jer.23:29

4) Fire is kept alive by Fuel.
No matter how great a fire is, its combustive nature is sustained by something it can keep feeding on. Failure of replenishing this fuel comes a diminishing and an eventual quenching.
Great Raging fire can surely be quenched, Its only a matter of time.
1 Thess. 5:19(NKJV) Do not quench the Spirit.
1 Thess. 5:19 (NIV) Do not put out the Spirit’s fire
The Spirit's fire feeds on our Daily communication with Him, Tarrying with God, Addiction to study of God's word, Prayer & Fasting, Daily Dying etc. These are Fuels that energize, sustains & intensifies Our Fire.

If we properly examine ourselves, perhaps there would be areas where the Fire is absent. Some saints that never thought they could lose the Fire have suddenly it found it Quenched. These are the days of spiritual low-percent, because of the absent Fire. I pray that we will cease to operate in continual low voltage.

Next week ,we shall look at what quenches Fire & Examine how Fire can be rekindled. Say this Prayer in earnest. I shall burn greatly for God in Jesus name!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye at his former school in enugu, enugu state / Check Out What We Were Told To Do In Our Fellowship Last Night / Why God Sometimes Delays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.