Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,375 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? (1658 Views)

Cheap Volkswagen Passat From The Owner. N400k / 92 Volks Wagon Passat From Cotonou;price: 126,000 Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098 / 92 Vw Passat From Cotonou;price: 126,000 Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by jerryland: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Siena, Kunle_A, and all,

What is the average cost of shipment from UK to Nigeria and how long does it take to get to lagos.

For example, How much will it cost to ship a 2003 Passat from UK to Lagos? Any reliable Agent?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by german007(m): 12:59am On Jan 12, 2010
@Poster

Only 500 pounds. Shipping time is two weeks only. Ships sail every Friday, In order to get car on a ship for a friday, It has to be dropped off at the ports latest by the monday. Ports are in Tilbury (Essex) AND Southampton.

Hope this helps.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by jerryland: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2010
@german007, thank you very much for the info, it has really helped. I appreciate.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by joxiri: 2:41am On Jan 14, 2010
german 007

are you an agent i am also interested in shipping a car to lagos and does it definitely cost £500 quid
pls more info willl be kindly appreciated thnks
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 14, 2010
£450 - £500 via Tilbury.

I shipped a 2003 Toyota Avensis in November, and cost was £455.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by bafams: 10:02am On Jan 14, 2010
pls can anybody help wit shipment of trucks from europe<ANTWERPEN PORT> and what is the cost.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by joxiri: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2010
thanks siena,
so will there be shipping agents at the port in tilbury and i can pay there and then who do I have to have an agent before hand
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by temodent(m): 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2010
Please try and avoid Mercyland Services in Gravesend, kent if shipping from around kent or anywhere in London. It's an unreliable agency, imagine a car shipped in since December 17, the papers not yet released because they are indebted to the shipping line, please be warned.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by german007(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2010
@Temodent

Yes indeed, I know them. They a bunch of muppets and cowboys. Totally unprofessional and unreliable.

@Joxiri

I am not an agent, But I am a registered car dealer in the UK. I have bought cars in germany and belgium, driven them back to the UK via Dover then shipped them to Naija.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by joxiri: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2010
@german007
silly question but why do people bring cars frm europe to uk to ship instead of just shipping directly frm eu, is it quicker or cheaper?
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2010
joxiri:

@german007
silly question but why do people bring cars frm europe to uk to ship instead of just shipping directly frm eu, is it quicker or cheaper?

Not really quicker, but definitely cheaper.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2010
joxiri:

thanks siena,
so will there be shipping agents at the port in tilbury and i can pay there and then who do I have to have an agent before hand

You can search for shipping agents online in your local area.

I use one in Ipswich. You pay online, or in person, whichever's most convenient. You give them details of your car / van, they email you documents, give you a date to get your car / van to the port. You can let them collect your car, or to save money, get it to the port yourself.

Quite straight forward really.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by german007(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2010
@Joxiri

Check out the below website, They are a bunch of professional lads, you wont be dissapointed.  Ask for Chris (Business Development Manager). Tell him Okhai(me) recommended them and ask him to send me a can of Stella Artois ("Good old wife beater"wink for recommending him to you, lol

http://www.georgebakershipping.com/motor-vehicle-handling.htm
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by joxiri: 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2010
thank you guys
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by jerryland: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2010
Thank you very much guys, these posts has been very helpful.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by lezuya(m): 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
i think shipping directly is expensive there ore is more better to use a shipping agent over there who can help you. but if you ship directly to nigeria, You have to handed it to agent here in N igeria that will help to clear it for you.

Point to note: before shipping find out every details and make sure you inform the appropriate authority to help clarify your car before shipping it out of the UK. As your document is forwarded to you through email or courier, make sure that you handed it immediately to the clearing agent in Nigeria who will help to monitor and findout information concerning the car, so that as soon as the car is handed in here in Nigeria. The clearing agent will help to protect your car until it is been clear from the port.

If this option is not taken note of, you will carry like a baby only to realize that some of those thing you bought and will be stolen from the car or even lost your car in the Port.

Contact a clearing agent before even planning to buy car abroad for more info. you can even visit www.webautoinsure..com.
Re: Cost Of Shipment Of 2003 Passat From Uk To Nigeria? by Sohot: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
Pls are these not right hand drives you are talking of shipping to Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Buying From Cotonou / Excavator For Sale Sale! / Sparkling 2007 Nissan Xterra 4urgent Sale @Give away price-N3.1m @Banix017383301

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.