Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,825 members, 7,862,718 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:45 AM

The Sword Of The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sword Of The Holy Spirit (303 Views)

Hidden History: Christianity Was Spread By The Sword / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sword Of The Holy Spirit by judedwriter(m): 11:05am On May 14, 2017
Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

What is the sword of the Spirit? It's God's Word. The Word of God is a very powerful weapon against the devil and powers of darkness.

Hebrews 4:12
" For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

In ancient times, a two-edged sword was used for extreme brutality and violence in warfare. Just one thrust of this sword in the abdomen of enemy caused all the intestines to fall out at once.
As sharp as a two-edged sword is, God's Word is more sharper than it; in other words, God's Word can do greater harm and damage to the enemy than we can ever imagine. God's Word can give us victory in every warfare and battle of life, like an extremely sharp sword, provided we know how to use it.

How does God's Word work as a sword? When we speak God's Word in FAITH, it cuts or penetrates very deep into our lives and situations. It goes deep, deep down into our foundations, our roots, the core of our being; Performing miracles, reversing the impossible, blessing us mightily, etc.

When it comes to foundational problems, battles, curses, enemies, etc. God's word spoken in faith is inevitable for total victory.
YES, victory is assured as long as we keep confessing God's Word in faith, BUT satan will not go down easily without a fight. The enemy will try his possible best to weaken your faith and stop your faith confessions through demonic attacks, demonic threats, discouragement, doubts, etc. But as long as you don't give up, and keep using the sword of the Spirit, you will be victorious.

I too have discovered that when i begin to confess God's word in faith concerning difficult situations in my life, intense demonic oppositions rise up. It seems as if all hell in terrible fury is opposing me. Why? The enemy knows how extremely powerful the sword of the Spirit is.

Jeremiah 23:29
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
What are the rocks? They are foundational problems, complex problems, problems that defy solutions, problems that make us a mockery in the sight of others. When we speak God's Word continually in faith, the Word breaks these rocks gradually until they are reduced to dust.
Some years ago i read the testimony of Mrs Faith Oyedepo, wife of Bishop David Oyedepo who had an incurable sickness for a very long time. This strange ailment defied both medicine and prayers until Mrs Oyedepo acting on the instructions of her husband, began to confess this scripture in faith:
"I am treading upon serpents and over all the power of the enemy.." luke 10:19
Miraculously, after some bizarre demonic manifestations, her healing began to take leaps and bounds until she was completely healed.
Re: The Sword Of The Holy Spirit by firstclassmumu: 11:07am On May 14, 2017
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

My Journey To The Book Of Life / Success Without God / Worditude - 17 Interesting Insights From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.