Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure (982 Views)

Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / Six Things Osinbajo Can’t Do In Buhari’s Absence / Fayose Replies Fayemi, Adeyeye, Says ‘you Can’t Contest And Win Any Credible Ele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by sharpden: 3:00pm On May 14, 2017
JUNAID Mohammed, a member of the House of Representatives during the second republic, has stated why the acting-president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo cannot contest for the nation’s top position if eventually President Muhammadu Buhari gives room for him to complete latter’s tenure.

Mohammed is of the opinion that Osinbajo is a stooge to a National Leader of the All Progressive Congress, Ahmed Tinubu.

He alleged that, Tinubu wants to use Osinbajo to manipulate his way to take over completely in 2019.

Mohammed stated this in an interview with John Alechenu, a correspondent of Punch Newspaper.

He also accused Bisi Akande alongside Tinubu of playing politics and blaming other people of playing politics with Buhari’s health.

“I believe he and Tinubu are the people throwing stones and blaming other people for not being patriotic. They imagine that they can win sympathy so that when the time comes for a transition, it will be easy for them and they can justify the eventuality of Buhari ’s inability to continue. So that they can manipulate their way to take over completely in 2019; one thing I know is that, if Vice President (Yemi Osinbajo becomes the president from whatever date to 2019, he cannot contest that position again.” Mohammed reportedly said.

ALSO READ: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It

Mohammed who said he believes not in zoning arrangement said the North must complete it tenure urging which ever group from any part of the country who are signing agreements with whomever, to make such public, adding that the group should also state the time when any agreement reached will come into force.

“We cannot now avoid the constitution. If there is the need to follow the constitution we must follow the letter and spirit of the constitution – that is up till 2019. Beyond that, power should come back to where Buhari comes from and remain there for a solid eight to 10 years – unless in running for a second term the person loses re – election. There is nothing one can do about that.”

Asked what his opinion was on the promise by the APC to the southeast to deliver the presidency to the Igbos, Mohammed said “I think the Igbo will someday produce a President for this country. There is nothing in the constitution or political facts that can deny them that opportunity. But the way and manner they are currently approaching the issue cannot lead them to the presidency”, adding that “We want an Igbo president who will be president of all Nigerians,” while citing Obasanjo as an example.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/junaid-muhammed-osinbajo-cant-contest-president-completes-buharis-tenure/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by smellingmenses: 3:01pm On May 14, 2017
E
Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by bkool7(m): 3:02pm On May 14, 2017
This man is beginning to sound like FFK

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by sharpden: 3:02pm On May 14, 2017
'Cabals' talking.

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by SweetJoystick(m): 3:03pm On May 14, 2017
Junaid you be God? Igbo president? When did Obasanjo become Igbo? I careless where the president or vice president comes from, I'm only interested in capable leaders and good governance.

2 Likes

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by plainol(m): 3:07pm On May 14, 2017
its not easy to want to b noticed. The north in general suffers from inferiority complex. He is fighting for their pocket, but those abokis up north are too dull to understand this.

4 Likes

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by patval(f): 3:09pm On May 14, 2017
I can't wait for a public holiday the President Buhari will be manured into mother earth.As for junaid,he is lost in the reality because there is no country to govern again. Afghanistan political arrangement will be far better than northern nigeriya PLC cos each region will be ruled by a rebel cabal.Four has died on the sit and many will follow cos they will fill in an aged northern conservative who will always be good at making nijeriya flag to fly at half mast

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by patval(f): 3:11pm On May 14, 2017
I can't wait for a public holiday the day President Buhari will be manured into mother earth.As for junaid,he is lost in the reality because there is no country to govern again. Afghanistan political arrangement will be far better than northern nigeriya PLC cos each region will be ruled by a rebel cabal.Four has died on the sit and many will follow cos they will fill in an aged northern conservative who will always be good at making nijeriya flag to fly at half mast

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by sharpden: 3:16pm On May 14, 2017
My southwest brothers grin una don enter one chance tongue

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by dayo23(f): 3:18pm On May 14, 2017
Foolish aboki mallam, the North should rule for 8-10 years because we southerners are your slave right? I wish we can seperate from this blood sucking demons
Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by Oladimejyy(m): 3:21pm On May 14, 2017
patval:
I can't wait for a public holiday the President Buhari will be manured into mother earth.As for junaid,he is lost in the reality because there is no country to govern again. Afghanistan political arrangement will be far better than northern nigeriya PLC cos each region will be ruled by a rebel cabal.Four has died on the sit and many will follow cos they will fill in an aged northern conservative who will always be good at making nijeriya flag to fly at half mast

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by dominique(f): 3:21pm On May 14, 2017
Misplaced priorities. What we should be interested in is who is capable of performing not region where the president is from. It's so painful that we have semi-literates at the helm of affairs of this country, imagine what a whole house of reps member is spewing.
Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by Oladimejyy(m): 3:22pm On May 14, 2017
sharpden:
My southwest brothers grin una don enter one chance tongue

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by okosodo: 3:26pm On May 14, 2017
dayo23:
Foolish aboki mallam, the North should rule for 8-10 years because we southerners are your slave right? I wish we can seperate from this blood sucking demons
southerners are slaves naw, especially the yorubas, they play the role very well
Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by patval(f): 3:33pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=Oladimejyy post=56513332][/quote]
slap this corpsocracy

1 Like

Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by nerodenero: 3:37pm On May 14, 2017
Same way power slipped from the north and Jonathan benefitted, governing for 5 years. History should not repeat itself as I don't pray death for Bubu.

It will be a lot honourable for Bubu to resign, handover power of Osibande and trust me, not only Nigeria but Africa will celebrate him. Alas, African leaders have no honour.

I think the north should begin to brace up or betterstill prepare to lose power again. It is no prophecy or prediction but it is actually what will happen. I believe Osibande is well positioned enough and equipped with the right experience to replace Buhari. Stooge or not, Tinubu doesn't possess the right credentials to win election across board. The corruption allegations hanging over his head are just too numerous for him to go unchallenged in the race leading to 2019.
Re: Junaid: Why Osinbajo Can’t Contest For President If He Completes Buhari's Tenure by Mynd44: 3:40pm On May 14, 2017

(1)

Photos: Imo State Dep. Governor Marries His 3rd Wife After 2 Previous Divorces / Yoruba Group Rejects Restructuring Declares Oduduwa Republic, Support For Biafra / Buhari Should Listen To Nnamdi Kanu – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.