Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! (17931 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan Interviewed By Mo Abudu (video) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm / Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 3:24am On Jan 12, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigeria's ailing President Yar'Adua breaks silence[/size]

President Umaru Yar'Adua has been abroad for weeks

Nigeria's president, who has not been seen since going into hospital in Saudi Arabia for heart treatment in November, has told the BBC he is recovering.
In his first interview since then, Umaru Yar'Adua said he hoped to make "tremendous progress" and to return to Nigeria to resume his duties.
Nigerian opposition parties have been demanding evidence about the true state of Mr Yar'Adua's health.

A rally has been called for Tuesday, mainly to protest over his absence.
There are three different court cases under way calling for power to be transferred to the Vice-President, Goodluck Jonathan.
Mr Yar'Adua is also known to have kidney problems.

'Save Nigeria'
Speaking by telephone, Mr Yar'Adua said he was making a good recovery.
"At the moment I am undergoing treatment, and I'm getting better from the treatment. I hope that very soon there will be tremendous progress, which will allow me to get back home," he said.
"I wish, at this stage, to thank all Nigerians for their prayers for my good health, and for their prayers for the nation."
Rumours had been rife that he was critically ill and unable to return to the presidency.

Under the banner Enough Is Enough, an organisation called the Save Nigeria Group called people on to the streets of the capital, Abuja.
There is a perceived danger of a power vacuum in a country which only saw the back of military rule just over 10 years ago, the BBC's Will Ross reports from the city.
The opposition plan is to march to the national assembly where senators are expected to be discussing the president's health.
Prominent opposition politicians and lawyers, Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka and the Biafran secessionist leader, Chief Emeka Ojukwu, will be among the demonstrators.

It is not clear if the demonstration will be well attended, our correspondent says.
Nigerians may be worried about their absent president but whether they will take time off to demonstrate is another matter, he adds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8453321.stm
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 3:27am On Jan 12, 2010
We will like to hear the audio recording.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 12, 2010
Like seriously, who cares  if he's getting better?

The koko of the matter is relinquishing his presidency to a potent candidate.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 3:36am On Jan 12, 2010
I don't even believe he can speak or he is even alive.
Power should be handed over to Goodluck Jonathan, who can either wobble on to 2011 or declare a state of emergency and get people locked up.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by mbulela: 5:07am On Jan 12, 2010
he will speak to BBC not NTA because it will be easy for Nigerians to tell that the voice is that of Esau but the body of Jacob.
To the BBC reporter, all northerners sound alike.
Did BBC play the audio on their radio station?
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 5:07am On Jan 12, 2010
FL Gators:

Like seriously, who cares  if he's getting better?

Thank you my sister.
Even if the man appears in the stars from heaven, what kind of cure would that be for Nigeria? The country has become so useless that we couldn't even call common Niger republic to order. Imagine common Niger that gets all its exports through Nigeria! angry
We are ruled by primitive people who cannot understand how others view us;
[list]
[li]Boko Haram 2009[/li]
[li]Army bombs a festival in Niger Delta and straffs the survivors by helicopter gunship[/li]
[li]President goes missing[/li]
[li]Mutallab - there is nobody to represent Nigeria[/li]
[li]Kala Kato[/li]
[/list]

How do this primitive "leaders" think foreigners view us?

mbulela:

he will speak to BBC not NTA because it will be easy for Nigerians to tell that the voice is that of Esau but the body of Jacob.

Exactly! grin
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by OgidiBoy(m): 5:11am On Jan 12, 2010
FL Gators:

Like seriously, who cares if he's getting better?

Can't you at least wish the poor man a speedy recovery ? sad
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by hollandis(f): 5:15am On Jan 12, 2010
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by OAM4J: 5:40am On Jan 12, 2010
how are we sure, it was Yaradua that was behind the phone?

why was the call coming at the eve of the save Nigeria rally and NAS debate?

Somebody somewhere is fooling some people, but not me.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 6:03am On Jan 12, 2010
OAM4J:

how are we sure, it was Yaradua that was behind the phone?

why was the call coming at the eve of the save Nigeria rally and NAS debate?

Somebody somewhere is fooling some people, but not me.

Don't mind them. They want to use voodoo to blind us. He hasn't called Obama, but he is speaking to the very same BBC that declared he wasn't in Saudi only a couple of days ago.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 12, 2010
Most people will be disappointed when yaradua finally comes back,
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 6:12am On Jan 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Most people will be disappointed when yaradua finally comes back,

What would the dissapointment be, that our country is decaying? Is the name of the country now "Yar Adua"?
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 12, 2010
Nigeria has decayed a very long time ago and yaradua's death will not change anything than add more problem to the country.i mean politically
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 6:23am On Jan 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria has decayed a very long time ago and yaradua's death will not change anything than add more problem to the country.i mean politically

Nobody is praying for his death, we just want him replaced. He is as ineffective as a door knob.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 12, 2010
Then lets wish him well so that he can come and handover to whoever he wishes but anyhow i understand your pain beaf
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Jan 12, 2010
mbulela:

ROFLMAO!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by fyneguy: 6:32am On Jan 12, 2010
And the confusion continues

See what's on CNNireport

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-380636
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 12, 2010
fyneguy:

See what's on CNNireport

This is unsettling. . . . the senators are so incompetent. . . .

Useless impotent brainless dimwits. . . . this cannot happen in a country where stable government runs.

They're too busy writing an ultimatum instead of informing the citizens about wdh is going on.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 6:39am On Jan 12, 2010
fyneguy:

See what's on CNNireport

Unfortunately, iReport carries unverified citizen news.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 12, 2010
Never knew there are many d u m m i e s on nL.that america chronicle report has been taken off from the main site because ir was a speculation.ireport is just a copy and paste stuff wherw you can also make a report,i mean like a forum m r fyneguy
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by chiogo(f): 6:41am On Jan 12, 2010
Na wa for all these "he's dead" and "he's still alive" threads.

We'll never know. . .I guess, for now anyway. All I know is that the country is in a hot mess, the VP better do something. undecided
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 12, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Never knew there are many d u m m i e s on nL.that america chronicle report has been taken off from the main site because ir was a speculation.ireport is just a copy and paste stuff wherw you can also make a report,i mean like a forum m r fyneguy

You're acting as if it REALLY does matter. . . . was it only iReport that speculated Yardu's death?

How many of those articles have you been reading during this past few weeks.

So chill.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by ReachRich(m): 6:46am On Jan 12, 2010
Why cant Yar'liar speak with FRCN or NTA on live broadcast to Nigerians?
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 12, 2010
So say the BBC, Has anyone seen him on TV?
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by experto: 6:48am On Jan 12, 2010
The BBC TV broadcasted the voice of Yar-adua 30 minutes ago, He sounds almost in pain. He said he hopes to return to Nigeria to his duties soon. It sounds like a telephone interview.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Beaf: 6:49am On Jan 12, 2010
experto:

The BBC TV broadcasted the voice of Yar-adua 30 minutes ago, He sounds almost in pain. He said he hopes to return to Nigeria to his duties soon. It sounds like a telephone interview.

Sorry, but to me, that was neither his voice nor was the accent 100%. angry
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by slap1(m): 6:54am On Jan 12, 2010
If that man comes back and resumes his duty as the President then we would soon be losing our place on the world map.
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by SwtzMinx(f): 6:55am On Jan 12, 2010
.hmmm
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by No2Atheism(m): 6:56am On Jan 12, 2010
Historical marriage and antecedents of the British helping the North to rule Nigeria makes me highly sceptical of all this Yar-Adua Audio . . .

If he can talk to BBC why not Nigerians . . .

Why not a Video report showing him live . . .

British Intelligence are not that stupid . . .

Can the British Intelligence please trace the call and tell us where the call is emanating from exactly. . . so that we can know where Yar-Adua is really . . . since they are claiming that its Yar-Adua.

Why did BBC get an interview a day before the planned protest march . . .

---------------------------------

See where am I going with this . . .
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by nweike(m): 6:57am On Jan 12, 2010
who do we now believe, bbc or cnn as it is Nigerian dailies do not know anything
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by hassymo5(m): 7:01am On Jan 12, 2010
D interview was in november, if there was any at all, read d link very well. Bullshit
Re: Yar'adua Interviewed By BBC: He's Alive Afterall! by Sammy107d(m): 7:04am On Jan 12, 2010
Sounded like he was about to drop dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri Remanded In Prison / President Buhari Observes The Eid Prayers / 2023: Wike Didn’t Reject Offer To Be Atiku’s Running Mate - Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.