Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) (62001 Views)

Skid Row, Kelly: "I Became A Prostitute After I Was Raped At 11" (video) / Virgin UNILORIN Student In Hijab Raped At Knife-Point / Joy Chinenye Azubike: Raped At 17, Married Rapist At 18, Divorced 6 Years Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by delishpot: 10:12pm On May 14, 2017
Nigeria legal system and police supports rape indirectly. An armed robber gets life sentence but a rapist goes Scot free. They would turture people who owe money to death but set rapist free after paying some small fine. They make it easier for rapist to pay bail and walk free while aunty Kemi s bail is set so high she can not meet requirement. Rape gives less punishment than murder, kidnapping and embezzlement.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by oshe11: 10:12pm On May 14, 2017
k
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by etchenwafor: 10:12pm On May 14, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
n
he is not Igbo before you write long epistle...Akpan is a akwa ibom name..
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 14, 2017
Sad story. Very sad. I want to believe there's a medical/science explanation to this. So sad.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by NaijaElba(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2017
Reason why I support jungle justice...JJ would have put the matter to rest since....

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by GeneralOjukwu: 10:14pm On May 14, 2017
etchenwafor:

Sharap!

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by dayleke: 10:17pm On May 14, 2017
Too bad
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:17pm On May 14, 2017
Ignorance is on rampage in Nigeria and not even newspaper reporters are immune.
The charge of ritualism is irrelevant to the case at hand.

The article reads in part:
"Today, she is in a pathetic state, deformed and suffering from health challenges. The once happy and effervescent girl, who was doing well in school is now a caricature of herself, unable to walk by herself, unable to talk audibly. Her mental faculties have been so badly affected that she behaves abnormally."

Even from this incomplete description, it is possible to diagnose severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
The answer is not to wander from one church to another but to seek help from a competent psychologist.

I am eagerly waiting (and prepared) for the hordes of religious fanatics who will rush here to lynch me

3 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by GeneralOjukwu: 10:20pm On May 14, 2017
etchenwafor:

Now etchenwafor will go and r*pe his sister. since his mother is a spermbank and father is a homosexual ..

Mr Nwafor. Carry on wink

1 Like

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:22pm On May 14, 2017
mctolspell:
Sad story. Very sad. I want to believe there's a medical/science explanation to this. So sad.

There is: PTSD
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 14, 2017
I suspect ritual @work here. .Akpan you forgot you will/have children of your own. ..you reap what you sow

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by oyienootieno: 10:25pm On May 14, 2017
And one low life will come and say no to jungle justice if the rapist is lynched.... God will heal you dear.. crying...

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Ignorance is on rampage in Nigeria and not even newspaper reporters are immune.
The charge of ritualism is irrelevant to the case at hand.

The article reads in part:
"Today, she is in a pathetic state, deformed and suffering from health challenges. The once happy and effervescent girl, who was doing well in school is now a caricature of herself, unable to walk by herself, unable to talk audibly. Her mental faculties have been so badly affected that she behaves abnormally."

Even from this incomplete description, it is possible to diagnose severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
The answer is not to wander from one church to another but to seek help from a competent psychologist.

I am eagerly waiting for the hordes of religious fanatics who will rush here to exhibit more ignorance
Does PTSD also cause deformity??
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by nkemdi89(f): 10:28pm On May 14, 2017
They should leave ritual out of it, the family didn't manage the victim very well, there three stages in trauma and the family overlooked the issue while chasing the case thereby ignoring the victim. He has served his sentences and he can't go to jail for same crime again. The family are only looking for an avenue to milk him, which isn't possible, rape is a menace to the society and poverty, illiteracy and underdevelopment hasn't help issues. Growing up I know of so many rape case among my neighbourhood that was unreported to the police, instead parents settle among themselves while neglecting the victim. When wale raped shade we were all listening at the door, only after then he started taking care of her personal needs while her parents were aware of everything, for a girl below fifteen. That girl had her internal organs disorganized and proper medical care wasn't given to her.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by Lollipop247(f): 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
Ajewealth123:
make una no vex,I am not wicked at all but if I be the girl papa, after dem don release akpan, I go give am a year so him go don forget, I go come arrange boys,all of us go put on mask. I go chop off akpan brokos come cook am make him chop. Na him punishment be that.

[b][/b] lol, this your punishnment reminds me of lord Bolton & theon Greyjoy in Game of thrones. grin

3 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by GeneralOjukwu: 10:29pm On May 14, 2017
etchenwafor:

Wipe your tears grin

3 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by ephi123(f): 10:34pm On May 14, 2017
15 month sentence for raping a child?

What kind of rubbish sentence is that? angry

1 Like

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by Alvino1(m): 10:35pm On May 14, 2017
Since her dad was nt satisfied with the judgment of the Court, he would have appealed against it (i wnda the kind of Allocutus the Magistrate considered in a case of defilement of a girl of 9 dat made him give such sentence) Nw if Akpan is arrested nd re-arraigned, he will plead Actrafios Convict... Well the family should try Omega Power Ministry (O.P.M) in Port Harcourt, Rivers State nd if it dzn't work, the father should quit acting cold nd look 4 some other ways 2 make Oga Akpan pay.
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by S2kluv: 10:44pm On May 14, 2017
Abi were ni awon adajo nii? 15 month or years

1 Like

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by modaink333: 10:44pm On May 14, 2017
U have tried every other churches, why not try Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, visit the nearest Catholic church, and ask of their chapel, no prayer of purity has ever gone unanswered when you vist d chapel.....talk to Jesus lonly in the blessed sacrament coupled with the rosery of our Mother Mary....do this for 9 days and watch the wonders he will do.....remember, no church in history has more miracles and testimony than the catholic church

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:47pm On May 14, 2017
uzobaby:
Does PTSD also cause deformity??

To answer your question : Not to my knowledge.

But what the journalist refers to as 'deformity' is unclear and his descriptions are not helpful. She will need to be seen by a qualified doctor. She may or may not have a deformity. If she does, it should be diagnosed. It may be incidental to the case or may even predate the rape incident (many rape case occur when the perpetrator takes advantage of a mentally ill or disabled victim)
Whatever the case, she needs professional help and that is my point.
We need to move away from speculation and superstition to science in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by giftyechi: 10:49pm On May 14, 2017
pastor collect 42k just for prayer and olive oil,chai I do n die,dis kind country. ...

1 Like

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by hernandson(m): 10:50pm On May 14, 2017
I think the government are nonchalant about issues like this, if there was a severe punishment against ritualist and rape, people wouldn't want to do such. but when you do wicked act such as this and your given 15months, it encourages other people who would want to do such. same as people embezzling funds. good example is China and north Korea in which the penalty is death or life imprisonment because you've deprived a lot of people their right,but the other way round is the case. but when a hungry man in the hood steals phone,chicken,ram he can be sent to 15years in prisonment or get beaten to stupor by mobs,while the politicians and the likes even do worse, not trying to encourage the petty thief oo,just saying the neo classical theory and the classical theory should be used

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by Suko110(m): 11:09pm On May 14, 2017
olola4:
Really bad

Read about the Undergraduate who hawk doughnut to survive
http://www.palitomedia.com.ng/2017/05/meet-promiseaaua-student-who-hawk.html
No sir don't want to read. Thank u
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by K024(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

To answer your question : Not usually

But what the journalist refers to as 'deformity' is unclear. His descriptions are not helpful. She will need to be seen by a qualified doctor. She may or may not have a deformity. If she does, it should be diagnosed. It may be incidental to the case and may even predate the rape incident (many rape case occur when the perpetrator takes advantage of a mentally ill or disabled victim)
Whatever the case, she needs professional help and that is my point. We need to move away from speculation and superstition to science in Nigeria

Please change your name to "iamasmartnigerianguy" grin. It's too long sha.

I am a Christian and I believe in divine healing but I am highly disappointed that there was no mention of medical diagnosis in the story. They seriously need that before they can move forward.

Secondly, if they have scientific evidence that the condition is as a result of the rape, I think the family can file a civil lawsuit against the man for putting the child in that condition and ask for damages. This is different from the criminal case that the government filed against the man for rape.

Lawyers, please how does this work in Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by ziga: 11:15pm On May 14, 2017
You took your raped daughter to church, native doctor and Muslim Alfa??

Not that orthodox medicine has all the cures, but in my humble opinion and based on statistics, orthodox medicine is the most reliable.

You should have taken her to a hospital bro.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by Afonjafucker(m): 11:16pm On May 14, 2017
Naijaguy12345:
Tired of my fellow ndigbo and calabar leaving the east to come to Lagos and spoil our name, the rate my ndigbo commit crime in Afonja land this day is too high, if they sent us packing out of Lagos most of us will suffer.

Onye ara
Re: Girl Raped At 9 Now Has Several Deformities At 18 (photo) by dangotesmummy: 11:20pm On May 14, 2017
If these kinds if lenient punishment are given pedophiles will still continue.there has to be a strict law punishing this disgrace of men walking around lurking for little school girls

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police In Edo Chain Man To Their Hilux, Drag Him Along The Road (Photos, Video) / Domestic Worker Sentenced To Death For Killing Employer, Her Daughter In Lagos / Two Hookers Fight Over A Yahoo Boy In Benin Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.