Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

"I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan (27727 Views)

Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / Oba Obateru Akinruntan's Rolls Royce (Photos) / Ooni Ogunwusi And Olugbo Akinruntan In Supremacy Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by 989900: 11:02am On May 15, 2017
lilytender:
Yes, you are the real leader. We all agree. Are you now okay. Good, now go and sleep.

Let me remind you about the story of the King, the Thunder and the god. A king named Akiolu who is the the Baale of Idumota once behaved rudely to the god named Ooni. The Ooni is the god that represents all the god of Yoruba land. The Ooni was mute and showed no emotions. Few days after the Baale of Idumota misbehaved to the god named Ooni, the god of Thunder which has been doing press-up on nairaland for some years now striked and burnt the power-house of the Baale of Idomota. The Baale of Idomota was runing helter skelter, he almost jumped into the Lagos Lagoon. That was just a warning that Ooni is not human but a god.

So, Tupac king named Obateru, be careful, Ooni is the god of all Yoruba gods, the only superior being to the Ooni is the God Almighty whom the Ooni recognizes and praises every time. Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Sanpona, Aiyelala and all the over 200 gods in Yoruba land are lead and controlled by the Ooni the Arole Oodua, so egugugun be careful. Be very very careful so that your case will not be like the stubborn fly that follows the corpse to the grave.

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by chiraqDemon(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2017
IJOBA2:
I expect you to counter his argument...atleast he didn't claim that his ancestors fell down from heaven
But oduduwa met him and might have even gone as far as saying, my guy ow far. And then anchored him sef. grin
Please na joke o

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by jonathan111: 11:21am On May 15, 2017
intruxive:
grin nice try olugbo, but according to history moremi broke your masquerade marauding jinx and ife destroyed your forefathers. Sorry u cant change the narratives even though I hear you are a billionaire and the cash is shacking you. Take your place, the back sit b4 the rest of the obas sit and banish your kingdom once again tongue

Ode
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Cajal(m): 11:24am On May 15, 2017
Realy
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by paradigmshift(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2017
bjyemson:
In these modern times when Councillors are superior to the OBAs ?
Why can't we just keep pretending all Monarchs are still relevant? undecided

lmao maybe your state
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by paradigmshift(m): 11:36am On May 15, 2017
what do you expect when they claim their King fell from d sky lmao . the oba of Lagos open up with the fact . the benin oba is the greatest. y'all hide your face in shit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by MENELIK1: 11:55am On May 15, 2017
paradigmshift:
what do you expect when they claim their King fell from d sky lmao . the oba of Lagos open up with the fact . the benin oba is the greatest. y'all hide your face in shit

Osu, the Ogiso dynasty in Benin were referred to as sky gods, stop hiding behind Benin, the Binis have tried their best concerning distortion of history to no avail be proud of your heritage, descendants of warrant chiefs
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by fatiaforreal: 11:57am On May 15, 2017
I don't know why people from minor kingdoms, close to extinction are celebrating the seeming crisis in yorubaland. Yoruba of today is a huge nation, spread across eight countries, on two different continents. It's no doubt the envy of many whose mighty kingdom, irrespective of glorious past has an insignificant radius of influence on a global scale.
Most people don't understand, that the evolution of tribes and races is a complex and continuous one. There are points of separation and fusion of peoples and languages beyond the trivialities being expressed by some people here. The Yoruba race has carved it's niche on the map of the modern world, bigger and better that what it was 100-1000 years ago, unlike some whose influence in the modern world has diminished to less than 70km from the palace.
Facing the truth as I know it, Olugbo was the king in Ife prior to Oduduwa. If you read certain version of Ijaw(Ujo, Ijo, Upon, Icon) history, Ujo was one of the founding fathers of Ijaw race. In the cause of their migrations, Ujo was with Oduduwa in Nupe, from where they matched on Ife, leading to the displacement of Olugbo. Though there was a prophecy about their migration to a new land blessed with natural resources.

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by 4ureyesonly: 12:02pm On May 15, 2017
Omo take am easy on the dude na
PearlStreet:

I think you should be more concerned about your doubtful ancestry as no ipork piglet has been able to trace his root.

Today Biafran, tomorrow Jew, next tomorrow Judas, but claim Nigerian when caught with drugs.

Unverifiable history, uncertain present and bleak future. That summarizes you people.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by paradigmshift(m): 12:05pm On May 15, 2017
MENELIK1:

Osu, the Ogiso dynasty in Benin were referred to as sky gods, stop hiding behind Benin, the Binis have tried their best concerning distortion of history to no avail be proud of your heritage, descendants of warrant chiefs

re u ok ? lmao.
am full blooded benin man .
Yoruba is distorting their self, d more dey try d more dey look stupid.
why is there no response to oba of Lagos statement?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 15, 2017
blackberlin:
It's logical according to Yoruba history, but the way it sounds, most people would think he's being proud.
Since according to history, Oduduwa met Olugbo (meaning the custodian/king of the forest), definitely, he was before Oduduwa.

Only the critical-minded will catch his drift. He's cool, I think I like the man already. cool

He is not telling the full story. Ugbo people were a tribe of bandits who lived basically by rapine & theft. Apparently they were stronger that the Ifes, so they continuously preyed on them, until the Moremi incident.

Now both people were neighbours who spoke variants of a language we now know as Yoruba. They never had a common identity so the issues of dynastic supremacy or or succession dynastic succession did not exist at that time between them.

Oduduwa was exiled from Benin, stumbled upon the Ifes, became their king and established the dynasty that Olugbo is trying so hard to claim today.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by fatiaforreal: 12:14pm On May 15, 2017
If you're truly interested in knowledge of history, beyond the the tales by moonlight you get from your grandpa and palaces, then, this is one of the write-ups you must read: The History of Ijaws and their Neighbours in Southern Nigeria, by Earth Rights Institute. It's the most objective historical account with Yoruba, Benin, and Ijaw in perspective.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 15, 2017
sophoccles:

He is not telling the full story. Ugbo people were a tribe of bandits who lived basically by rapine & theft. Apparently they were stronger that the Ifes, so they continuously preyed on them, until the Moremi incident.

Now both people were neighbours who spoke variants of a language we now know as Yoruba. They never had a common identity so the issues of dynastic supremacy or or succession dynastic succession did not exist at that time between them.

Oduduwa was exiled from Benin, stumbled upon the Ifes, became their king and established the dynasty that Olugbo is trying so hard to claim today.

My Yoruba history did not tell me Oduduwa was exiled from Benin, so keep that Benin kingdom version to yourself.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:15pm On May 15, 2017
intruxive:
grin nice try olugbo, but according to history moremi broke your masquerade marauding jinx and ife destroyed your forefathers. Sorry u cant change the narratives even though I hear you are a billionaire and the cash is shacking you. Take your place, the back sit b4 the rest of the obas sit and banish your kingdom once again tongue
He can't take the back sit. He is already a first class king. That places him ahead of many Obas already, and the money puts him ahead of a lot more.

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 15, 2017
sophoccles:

Ghen ghen
Lol what did izoduwa do? Why was he exiled benin? Tell me about oromiyan and eweka too.
Politics is becoming boring to me because of to much twist and voodoo.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 15, 2017
lilytender:
Yes, you are the real leader. We all agree. Are you now okay. Good, now go and sleep.

Let me remind you about the story of the King, the Thunder and the god. A king named Akiolu who is the the Baale of Idumota once behaved rudely to the god named Ooni. The Ooni is the god that represents all the god of Yoruba land. The Ooni was mute and showed no emotions. Few days after the Baale of Idumota misbehaved to the god named Ooni, the god of Thunder which has been doing press-up on nairaland for some years now striked and burnt the power-house of the Baale of Idomota. The Baale of Idomota was runing helter skelter, he almost jumped into the Lagos Lagoon. That was just a warning that Ooni is not human but a god.

So, Tupac king named Obateru, be careful, Ooni is the god of all Yoruba gods, the only superior being to the Ooni is the God Almighty whom the Ooni recognizes and praises every time. Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Sanpona, Aiyelala and all the over 200 gods in Yoruba land are lead and controlled by the Ooni the Arole Oodua, so egugugun be careful. Be very very careful so that your case will not be like the stubborn fly that follows the corpse to the grave.

Lol!!! Bros na Obateru and him goons dem get Ayilala oh!!!
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by ishadfurnitures: 12:31pm On May 15, 2017
I just love this reply .. nice write up
PearlStreet:

At least, you know where his ancestors fell from. You don't have an idea as to your history or future.

You don't know where you came from or where you are going to. You don't know if you were cast of of Isreal or you evolved from monkeys (according to Charles Darwin)

However, I'm tempted to go with the latter considering the fact that your people are hairy, engage in chestbeating, have similar physical structures and you can't trace your history.

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by fatiaforreal: 12:31pm On May 15, 2017
sophoccles:

For a moment, take a deep breath and look at it objectively. A prince who could not defend himself against the hangman, ran for his dear life into the bush. Wandering for a period of time, "stumbled on Ife, became their king". Does this make sense to you or you're just saying it because your people are saying it? I'm not an Ijawman but the ijaw account is the most honest. Yoruba mythology says Oduduwa came from the sky, the Biniman laughs and says his own king is Ogiso. Meanwhile Ogiso means ruler from the sky. Who is more foolish?

1 Like

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by wyqay: 12:31pm On May 15, 2017
pele
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by fatiaforreal: 12:44pm On May 15, 2017
The Yoruba race is an ancient group from antiquity, not less than twenty thousand years, long before any Ogiso or Oduduwa. They bore different names at different times in their evolution as a people, from KhoeSan to Yoruba, from Southern Africa to Congo, to the Sudan, to the Niger confluence, to Old Ile Ife, to modern Ife, to the glorious Yoruba nation of modern times is a serious historical matter, beyond the useless theories being bandied around.

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by fatiaforreal: 12:51pm On May 15, 2017
It would be a shame if History Channel or National Geographic would have to come and teach us our roots. By then, many of you will be ashamed of the rubbish you're considering as history at the moment.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 15, 2017
blackberlin:

My Yoruba history did not tell me Oduduwa was exiled from Benin, so keep that Benin kingdom version to yourself.

Yoruba (oral) history tells you he fell from the sky. That's bullsh!t. The Benin version makes more sense plus the Portuguese were there not too long after these incidents and they actually wrote things down.

Use your brain, brother. Or remain ignorant for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 15, 2017
fatiaforreal:
The Yoruba race is an ancient group from antiquity, not less than twenty thousand years, long before any Ogiso or Oduduwa. They bore different names at different times in their evolution as a people, from KhoeSan to Yoruba, from Southern Africa to Congo, to the Sudan, to the Niger confluence, to Old Ile Ife, to modern Ife, to the glorious Yoruba nation of modern times is a serious historical matter, beyond the useless theories being bandied around.

Nobody disputes the fact that 'Yoruba' people predated Oduduwa. The word 'Yoruba' that you're so much in love with doesnt actually have any meaning in the language.

They spoke a similar tongue but they never had a common identity until Oduduwa united them. That's why everybody talks about him he was never an ancestor of the 'Yorubas'

Ijaw people have always been shiftless migrants, without any roots to speak of. They dont farm. They spend all their time in the creeks and on the seas fishing. How do a people who do not farm lay claim to land? How do they tell you the story of the land?
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 15, 2017
Oduduwa met Obatala the Oba Igbo, the Obi Osere Igbo when he arrived Ife. Those who have access to the hidden Truths of history know who Obatala's descendats are even today- you may be surprised. Having said that, Ooni of Ife, being a ruler of the order of Oduduwa who with Moremi displaced the Igbo aborigines of Ife is the leader of Yoruba kings today, in conjuntion with Alaafin of Oyo, who is Oduduwa's first son.

It is a matter of whose order has produced the custodian of the source today. Most of the children of Obatala the Oba Igbo, the Obi Osere Igbo number in their millions today, are hardworking and contented, and are not in any way contesting to upend the order of Oduduwa which has placed Ooni in the apex of Yoruba leadership, together with Alaafin.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by 9jakool: 1:16pm On May 15, 2017
Tinububola121:
mostly ijebus are slaves, and even ijebus in osun state are also slave to we core yorubas
Your divide tactic cannot work on Yorubas. How about you go face your Ikwerre/Anioma saga.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Osanoghodua1: 1:19pm On May 15, 2017
Okay, I believe Olugbo, but he should correctly state where Oduduwa/Izoduwa/Ikaladeran migrated from. He can't fall from Heaven.

If you really want to know the whole truth of Oduduwa, let historians pay an international adventure of fact finding to the Benin Palace,
They will be shown proofs.

Reflection: Benin Kingdom was never conquered by any Kingdom until 1897 when the treacherous British Kingdom invaded her due to Jealousy of their administration and wealth( The leader of the troop would later commit suicide)

Why would a Kingdom never conquered be alleged by the Afojans(sorry if this is offensive) that they sent Oromiyan(Omonoyan) to come rule the Benis?

Oduduwa migrated from the land of Igodomigodo now Benin or Edo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by eternalcity(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2017
The guy has a point sha. I wonder why people keep claiming their ancestors travelled from the middle East, Israel and other place to the current locations where they are now. My question is this: what about those that were settled in those locations before the coming of these said ancestors? I guess that is what the olugbo is saying. They are the Na gida or mai gida.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2017
PearlStreet:

I think you should be more concerned about your doubtful ancestry as no ipork piglet has been able to trace his root.

Today Biafran, tomorrow Jew, next tomorrow Judas, but claim Nigerian when caught with drugs.

Unverifiable history, uncertain present and bleak future. That summarizes you people.

Did you confirm he is Igbo or you're just being your silly self?

On this platform everyone who says anything against yoruba is assumed to be Igbo and it's lame and stupid.

And most of y'all asking jokes out of the civil war should think deeper... those lives lost are no jokes and the memories of lost loved ones should be revered and not trivialized no matter how much the urge itches one.

As for the oba, I have no comment for him.
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by olagbemi118(m): 1:42pm On May 15, 2017
Na wa for this one ooooo
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Charly68: 1:44pm On May 15, 2017
I think the wealth of the king is giving him some sense of mental obfuscation ..The best response therefore is silence
Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by Osanoghodua1: 1:48pm On May 15, 2017
fatiaforreal:

For a moment, take a deep breath and look at it objectively. A prince who could not defend himself against the hangman, ran for his dear life into the bush. Wandering for a period of time, "stumbled on Ife, became their king". Does this make sense to you or you're just saying it because your people are saying it? I'm not an Ijawman but the ijaw account is the most honest. Yoruba mythology says Oduduwa came from the sky, the Biniman laughs and says his own king is Ogiso. Meanwhile Ogiso means ruler from the sky. Who is more foolish?

The Benin version believe the Osanoghodua (God) created mankind but sent the Ogiso/Oba as His representative to govern His people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Am The Leader Of Yoruba Monarchs" - Olugbo, Obateru Akinruntan by nnaemmy(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2017
Rilwan go soon swear for you ooo. gringringringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Out For Eid Prayers / Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) / Ado Bayero’s Last Trip As Emir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.