Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,991 members, 7,866,726 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint (17078 Views)

Hyundai And Kia Develop World’s First ICT Connected Shift System (photos) / Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software / What Is Tge Advantage Of Hybrid Cars Over Non Hybrids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by bolaoluwa45: 12:20pm On May 15, 2017
this whistle blower thing is now looking like a drama

1 Like

Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by seuncyrus(m): 12:20pm On May 15, 2017
second page sad
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 15, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
South Korea has ordered Hyundai Motors and Kia Motors to recall 240,000 vehicles over safety defects reported by a whistleblower Kim Gwang-Ho. Gwang-Ho is a Hyundai engineer with 26 years at the company.

Prosecutors in Seoul will also investigate the car companies whether they deliberately covered up the 5 flaws which affected 12 models. Although, Hyundai and Kia are arguing that the problems does not present any danger to driving safety.

This will be the first whistleblower case to hit South Korea's auto industry, Kim reported 32 problems to local regulators. However, the latest recall covers only five of those problems. Kim also travelled to United States last year to report safety lapses which led to the automaker recalling 1.5 million vehicles in North America and in South Korea over a defect that could cause engines to stall.

Eim Eun-young who is a Samsung Securities auto analyst, said
"What the whistleblower said turned out to be true. This is negative for Hyundai's brand image after the hit from the recall over engine issue last month. But then, its reputation is already seen at the rock bottom in South Korea, so I am not sure whether there is a room for a further fall."

https://autojosh.com/hyundai-and-kia-to-recall/

One question. Where do they get the steels they use in making all these many cars in the world today. The thing nor dey finish
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by naturalwaves: 12:24pm On May 15, 2017
phetto:

The funniest thing is dat you too will die b4 i die. Dts life bro
You need a refund from whatever mushroom school that produced you. You lack basic logic and reasoning. Untrained idiota!

1 Like

Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by phetto(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2017
naturalwaves:

You need a refund from whatever mushroom school that produced you. You lack basic logic and reasoning. Untrained idiota!
Na u first start o
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by trippleKAY(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2017
finnestdope:
Please who is a whistle blower?
we blow whistle for a living grin

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by maxjax(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2017
the recalled vehicles must find its way to NIGERIA i swear angry i trust my ppl

AutoJoshNG:
South Korea has ordered Hyundai Motors and Kia Motors to recall 240,000 vehicles over safety defects reported by a whistleblower Kim Gwang-Ho. Gwang-Ho is a Hyundai engineer with 26 years at the company.

Prosecutors in Seoul will also investigate the car companies whether they deliberately covered up the 5 flaws which affected 12 models. Although, Hyundai and Kia are arguing that the problems does not present any danger to driving safety.

This will be the first whistleblower case to hit South Korea's auto industry, Kim reported 32 problems to local regulators. However, the latest recall covers only five of those problems. Kim also travelled to United States last year to report safety lapses which led to the automaker recalling 1.5 million vehicles in North America and in South Korea over a defect that could cause engines to stall.

Eim Eun-young who is a Samsung Securities auto analyst, said
"What the whistleblower said turned out to be true. This is negative for Hyundai's brand image after the hit from the recall over engine issue last month. But then, its reputation is already seen at the rock bottom in South Korea, so I am not sure whether there is a room for a further fall."

https://autojosh.com/hyundai-and-kia-to-recall/

1 Like

Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by d33types: 1:07pm On May 15, 2017
rydow:
The staff should also be sued for allowing such product get into the market.

That's intentional. And his Ass need be whooped too.

I pray to buy a brand new car one day and when I do. I don't want Nonsense ooo. Don't toy with my life because I want luxury.

The problem is, you don't read

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by finnestdope(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2017
trippleKAY:
we blow whistle for a living grin

grin grin grin

but what does it means
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by Jeromegwer: 2:05pm On May 15, 2017
[quote author=rozayx5 post=56539654]all these pangolo

reason i love Benz
cars with class

not all these cars that take 3 hours to assemble by bots sorry to ask but do u have one of this pangolo
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by Jeromegwer: 2:05pm On May 15, 2017
[quote author=rozayx5 post=56539654]all these pangolo

reason i love Benz
cars with class

not all these cars that take 3 hours to assemble by bots sorry to ask but do u have one of this pangolo as u call it
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by engrrichie92(m): 2:07pm On May 15, 2017
Kia and Hyundai...

Bankers' cars!!
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by rozayx5(m): 2:08pm On May 15, 2017
[quote author=Jeromegwer post=56543205][/quote]

lol so to you anyone on nairaland is trekking

including you?
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by SycophanticGoat: 3:08pm On May 15, 2017
Omo mehn!!! This guy na professional whistleblower oh!!! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Only you wan make them recall all the cars in the world.. Its a good thing tho.

Unlike our useless country where such will be reported and the automakers will hand some regulatory bodies bags full of dollars and the useless bodies turn blind eyes to the danger the vehicles may pose to us. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by SycophanticGoat: 3:16pm On May 15, 2017
Stelvin101:

One question. Where do they get the steels they use in making all these many cars in the world today. The thing nor dey finish

LoL.. How do you expect steel to finish when the wholes is blessed with iron ores (such hematite, magnetite, etc) from which molten pig iron (through a blast furnace) can be produced and subsequently converted to steel or cast iron?

How do you expect it to finish when steel can be recycled through an electric arc furnace and used to re-produce engineering raw materials?

Do you even know that as metals corrode, they are being converted to their original (ore) form which will eventually accumulate as ores to be mined several years into the future?

I can keep going on and on but make I stop for here.. cheesy
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by Lescalier: 4:09pm On May 15, 2017
phetto:
God, abeg help us recall Buhari

Buhari keeps getting missed call.
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by trippleKAY(m): 4:19pm On May 15, 2017
finnestdope:

grin grin grin

but what does it means
is like u no dey Nigeria ooo
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by chiraqDemon(m): 6:40pm On May 15, 2017
Whistle blowing don reach korea. Wow naija making trends lol
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by Originalsly: 9:40pm On May 15, 2017
Themaths:
The ones that got imported to Nigeria are never finding their way back.
Recall doesn't mean the cars have to be returned to the manufacturer. If the cause of the problem is a faulty sensor... then the dealer has to notify the owners as to where and when to go to have the sensor changed. That's how it should work.
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by APCmyheart(m): 1:23am On May 16, 2017
phetto:
God, abeg help us recall Buhari

Maybe 20yrs after recalling you..
Re: Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2017
whats d big deal? toyota, honda, vw, benz have had recalls too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes-Maybach Unveals Vision 6 Cabriolet At Pebble Beach / What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? / Man Builds Light Aircraft In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.