Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul (18668 Views)

EFCC Takes Battle To Jail Goje For 'N5bn Fraud' To Appeal Court / 9 ‘Whistleblowers’ Lay Claim To 5% Of Ikoyi Cash / How CBN Gave NIA The N13 Billion Uncovered In Ikoyi, Lagos, Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 15, 2017
undecided
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by hezy4real01(m): 3:41pm On May 15, 2017
abeg where all this money the go, na the recovery we know, after that time no story again #ijustdeask
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 15, 2017
Aburi001:
I think Wike say na him (Rivers State) get the money and issued a 7 days ultimatum to the FG to return the cash to him or face litigation.

Abi the 7 days ultimatum never reach ni? grin
lol, you dey mind the mad dog with frog-like voice. 7 days ultimatum my foot. If you want to hate, hate sensibly and if you want attack, attack with facts...not just ranting anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by gbishman: 3:47pm On May 15, 2017
Very good news

1 Like

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by discman2k2(m): 3:48pm On May 15, 2017
jeff1993:
Every body Blow ur WHISTLE ..... Pararara

If Na me blow d whistle for did money eh ....... By now I 4 dey Brazil wit big booty Girls!!!!
And that's y u no go get am.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by mmsen: 3:48pm On May 15, 2017
eezeribe:
If you have ever stolen even one naira in your life or taken what doesn't belong to you,or inflated price... You have no right to condemn looters.
We are all corrupt.this menace must be tackled from the root.

That's the most illogical statement that I've ever heard.

People should not steal but if you are caught then you should be held to account. This is especially true of people who take up positions within government, they should be held to an even higher standard.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Allwility: 3:48pm On May 15, 2017
Just imagine.

I said earlier, nothing will come out of this investigation. The EFCC aren't operating within the ambit of the law. Most people don't understand how the NIA operates. FYI, they are like the CIA. They do the dirty business of any country. They do things we might not really be proud of as a nation provided it is for the greater good of the country.

They can start a coup in another country, fund a splinter terrorist group to combat boko haram, and do other dirty stuffs of course with the knowledge of the C-in-C or NSA. These funds might be deducted over time, stored wherever they chose to store it and you can't trace it to the National budget.

I am not saying the NIA can't be compromised even the CIA gets compromised but you can't hold a candle to them. The EFCC should stop diverting attention from its boss's financial dealings and go catch the real looters of our common wealth. If they need heads up, they should look no further than those who went for a certain wedding at a certain hilltop mansion within the country.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by MaziOmenuko: 3:49pm On May 15, 2017
Justuceleague2:
[/b]

And lizards can be noisy grin

They enjoy dancing in front of the camera too.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by vabok(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2017
Na this guy get the cash...

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by yahmaid04(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2017
5% of $43 million dollars for the whistleblower
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by ocelot2006(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2017
This article makes absolutely no sense. Since when did the EFCC possess the power to transfer a serving Army GENERAL to a powerful Intelligence Service like the NIA? Only the NSA has such power, not the EFCC's DG who's a bloody Deputy Commissioner (DCP).

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by lilytender: 4:13pm On May 15, 2017
eezeribe:
If you have ever stolen even one naira in your life or taken what doesn't belong to you,or inflated price... You have no right to condemn looters.

Here is a thief waiting to be caught. One day, the law will catch up with you.
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Spidermon: 4:19pm On May 15, 2017
I dont see David Petraeus, Mike Pompeo or even "Jack Bauer" stashing huge currency amounts belonging to govt ops in a private residence on US soil.

....so when someone tries to place the NIA on an unnecessary high pedestal,

I need to reject that rubbish.

There is no sacred entity in Nigeria anymore. There never was.

The church, the state, the 4th estate and all those lofty ideals that ought to function in a democracy has all been shot to shiit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by alanka(f): 4:26pm On May 15, 2017
Crauxx:
Where is my whistle sef
NIA the equivalent of CIA, KBS of Russia and others around the world.

NIA who can be referred to as international secret agent who covers her country from external troubles that may lead to disaster in Nigeria receiving secret budget bigger than that of our universities every year yet book haram is being sponsored by interests from abroad, criminals, terrorists, hired millitas, militants are entering and going out of this country at wish. Budget received since 2015 for covert operation has not being spent till now and it is not farwarded into 2016 account and use it to fund 2016 budget and at the end of 2016 forward it again into 2017 as source of fund for 2017.

If instrument provided that NIA account shouldnot be subject to scrutiny of audit does it also say this simple account entries should not be made?

The idiots don't know how to stop the problems around the country but they can be jumping into my abode at wish thieves.

If Oke knows what it means to be a secret agent, he would not involve his family into it. But because he saw the money as his own he put it in care of his family. Ole.

Come to think of it, does working in secret provide that the agent should not keep her money in the bank?

How much does the agent have, how much is in the bank and how much is out of bank?

When the agency received the money from the government did she receive it in cash or bank? Oke and his family are secret idiots that were stealing my petty things.

oke should not be only sacked, his family must be interrogated. Apart from this time find out in the past if it has being in practice for NIA to buy house and save that kind of money in it.

If they have not exhausted 2015 budget did they receive another budget in years after? If so, where is it? Did they receive it as bank or cash.

They don't know how to stop boko, but they know how to enter my house at will. Oke must be sacked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 15, 2017
Government must be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. The NIA should not become the object of a power " land grab"

It is possible that the NIA has already been politicized and corrupted in the same way the old SSS was but iam not sure that a root and branch clean out is what is needed here. It surely must be possible to find one person within the NIA that can institute internal reform of the organization without compromising it.

Nigeria itself does not have a proper identity outside of sports. Everything else is a cult of personality. If we cant get the NIA right then I suggest we scrap it and post DMI officers out into our foreign embassies. It takes a lot of discipline to run a civilian run intelligence agency. Do we seriously have what it takes?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 15, 2017
Spidermon:
I dont see David Petraeus, Mike Pompeo or even "Jack Bauer" stashing huge currency amounts belonging to govt ops in a private residence on US soil.

....so when someone tries to place the NIA on an unnecessary high pedestal,

I need to reject that rubbish.

There is no sacred entity in Nigeria anymore. There never was.

The church, the state, the 4th estate and all those lofty ideals that ought to function in a democracy has all been shot to shiit.

I agree with most of your points but cash and girls is a staple of international espionage. Its just that international agencies use safe deposit boxes ( and even safe houses; though i cannot understand why a safe house would be located in a meduim traffic high profile apartment complex! ) and they allow a fair amount of agent initiative through city based control centres. I am not sure such initiative is the case in nigeria. But agreeing with you, could it even, ever be the case with the degree of corruption we have here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Bobby808: 5:18pm On May 15, 2017
Daslim180:
I hope the EFCC will be able to prosecute anybody involved in this brohaha..... "Say No to Corruption"
Just wait if them go tell you who get the money.
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by Bobby808: 5:23pm On May 15, 2017
yoma64:
These thieves called EFCC
If Magu nor over rich, na be say he nor go make am again.
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by jeggson4: 5:24pm On May 15, 2017
If you got iTunes Gift Cards of 10, 15, 25, 50 or 100$... Call or message me on whatsapp 0909 133 1269...... Lets talk business.... NO PERCENTAGE..... FAST and get your CASH OUT before 30mins.
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by daniska3yaro(m): 5:27pm On May 15, 2017
ocelot2006:
This article makes absolutely no sense. Since when did the EFCC possess the power to transfer a serving Army GENERAL to a powerful Intelligence Service like the NIA? Only the NSA has such power, not the EFCC's DG who's a bloody Deputy Commissioner (DCP).
You said it all.
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by ijustdey: 5:47pm On May 15, 2017
so much drama on the Ikoyi Saga
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by teebell999(m): 6:33pm On May 15, 2017
eezeribe:

The most mumuish comment I have ever come across on NL. Did you mean we should leave our national treasury looters and go after small thieves that steal meats in their mummies' pots?
Guy u need help....
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by 989900: 8:25pm On May 15, 2017
NIA rubbished itself, no thanks to Oke and PDP.

It seems the agency has always been a steady cover up for illicit funds/transactions in the hands of the Presidency . . . like some 'shell company'.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by texazzpete(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2017
These wankers are mad. Stealing my tax money and claiming nobody has a right to investigate because of 'covert intelligence'?

They must be insane. Even the FBI gets audited.
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by sapele914(m): 9:39pm On May 15, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmmm

Nigeria is not ready to fight corruption because somewhere, somewhere...there is a Nigerian saying that there is nothing wrong with the fishy way money was moved around by Intelligence in the recent past.

Upside down analogy does everyone in the us of a support donald trump for sacking the fbi boss?. People will always look at things differntly,the glass could be half full or half empty.
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by soulfood(m): 10:15pm On May 15, 2017
Re: EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul by hero2000: 10:19pm On May 15, 2017
ocelot2006:

I believe there was a typographical error where it was said that EFCC asked a brigadier general to take over the finance of NIA. I suspect it meant to say Office of NSA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victor Malu Buried (Burial Photos) / Mace Theft: Investigation May Take 10 Years - Police / My Generation Has Failed Nigerians - Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.