Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? (1041 Views)

โ€˜I Am Not Interested In Being Biafran President When Actualisedโ€™ โ€“ Nnamdi Kanu / Opinion: Was Jonathan The Most Attacked Nigerian President When He Was In Power? / See Names Of Noisemakers To Be Submitted To The President When He Returns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by DonaldYusuf(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2017
So yesterday 39 year 'young' Emmanuel Macron was inaugurated as France's president, which makes him the youngest president in modern France.

Now this morning the news from Nigerian youths is on how it can't happen in Nigeria because the 'old men' in power will not allow you, and how they don't mean well for the country.

But then, after reading all those comments, especially on Nairaland I reflected back on my state and senatorial district, Benue South.

I remember the 2016 rerun election between a young man, Daniel Onjeh and an 'old man' David Mark. Dan Onjeh is in his forties while David Mark in his 60s, and these were the kind of responses we got from the youths in Idoma land when we asked that they vote for Daniel Onjeh.

1. Dan Onjeh is a small boy
2. What does he know about politics?
3. How can that small boy represent us?
4. Dan Onjeh has no respect; why would he be contesting against his father David Mark?
5. Dan Onjeh is being used by the former governor of the state, Senator George Akume
6. Senator George Akume wants to control Idoma land using Dan Onjeh.

Youths like Enenche Comedian who declared their open support for Daniel Onjeh were called names, and attacked.

Now is it not funny that the same youths that are hailing France now are the ones that called Dan Onjeh a small boy last year? And interestingly, Dan Onjeh is even older than the new French president. So are we not deceiving ourselves?

The truth is, the youth in Nigeria have a long way to go. When you see a man of 30 hailing an old politician who is alleged to have stolen money, and the same youth criticise the government for arresting the politician, then you know there is trouble.

One of the reasons the 'old men' in power do what they do is because they know the average Nigerian youth is not ready.

One question: Can we point any 40 year old Nigerian that is worthy of being followed in politics? What you see is many of them struggling to become PAs and SAs to the same 'old men'.

2019 is just two years from now, and by 2018 campaigns will begin. If we want to achieve what president Emmanuel Macron just achieved in France, 2019 is our chance. At least we can start from the legislature both at the state and national levels. But if we continue to make the kind of comments some youths made against Daniel Onjeh for daring to contest against David Mark, then we are not ready as youths.
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by lilytender: 4:18pm On May 15, 2017
The last young president looted and shared our treasury among his gang of looters. I will never vote for a young thief. As for the old thief, they will die of looting one by one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by Dalastically: 4:21pm On May 15, 2017
But we don't want a 39yrs old president with a 65yrs old wife grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by PREBuhari2019: 4:22pm On May 15, 2017
Until Biafrans go in peace and jail all the past military leaders and those that had cases with efcc before and present.
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by 989900: 4:23pm On May 15, 2017
Gowon became Head of State at 31.

Bankole and Farouk were young leaders young thieves.

Gowon, Murtala and OBJ, Buhari and Idiagbon, and IBB were all in their early 30s and 40s . . . mtcheeewww.

We have a fundamental problem: corruption cheered on by family, friends, religion, and a twisted society at large.

1 Like

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by eltalentino(m): 4:24pm On May 15, 2017
DonaldYusuf:
So yesterday 39 year 'young' Emmanuel Macron was inaugurated as France's president, which makes him the youngest president in modern France.

Now this morning the news from Nigerian youths is on how it can't happen in Nigeria because the 'old men' in power will not allow you, and how they don't mean well for the country.

But then, after reading all those comments, especially on Nairaland I reflected back on my state and senatorial district, Benue South.

I remember the 2016 rerun election between a young man, Daniel Onjeh and an 'old man' David Mark. Dan Onjeh is in his forties while David Mark in his 60s, and these were the kind of responses we got from the youths in Idoma land when we asked that they vote for Daniel Onjeh.

1. Dan Onjeh is a small boy
2. What does he know about politics?
3. How can that small boy represent us?
4. Dan Onjeh has no respect; why would he be contesting against his father David Mark?
5. Dan Onjeh is being used by the former governor of the state, Senator George Akume
6. Senator George Akume wants to control Idoma land using Dan Onjeh.

Youths like Enenche Comedian who declared their open support for Daniel Onjeh were called names, and attacked.

Now is it not funny that the same youths that are hailing France now are the ones that called Dan Onjeh a small boy last year? And interestingly, Dan Onjeh is even older than the new French president. So are we not deceiving ourselves?

The truth is, the youth in Nigeria have a long way to go. When you see a man of 30 hailing an old politician who is alleged to have stolen money, and the same youth criticise the government for arresting the politician, then you know there is trouble.

One of the reasons the 'old men' in power do what they do is because they know the average Nigerian youth is not ready.

One question: Can we point any 40 year old Nigerian that is worthy of being followed in politics? What you see is many of them struggling to become PAs and SAs to the same 'old men'.

2019 is just two years from now, and by 2018 campaigns will begin. If we want to achieve what president Emmanuel Macron just achieved in France, 2019 is our chance. At least we can start from the legislature both at the state and national levels. But if we continue to make the kind of comments some youths made against Daniel Onjeh for daring to contest against David Mark, then we are not ready as youths.

Can we chat on what app?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2017
TILL THY KINGDOM COMES
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by DonaldYusuf(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2017
lilytender:
The last young president looted and shared our treasury among his gang of looters. I will never vote for a young thief. As for the old thief, they will die of looting one by one.
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On May 15, 2017
Gowon became president at 29

IBB, OBJ, Buhari, Murtala all ruled Nigeria as young men.

So what difference did it make

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by IVORY2009(m): 5:47pm On May 15, 2017
lilytender:

What is this one talking again and by d way who freed you? shocked shocked
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by junnyjake(m): 7:11pm On May 15, 2017
If only a very good/patriotic Nigerian had gained access to the venue of that IBB's daughter's wedding and gassed the whole place with poisonous air and left satisfied after seeing them coughing their lungs out, then my answer would be very soon.
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by IVORY2009(m): 7:39pm On May 15, 2017
[s]
989900:

Bankole and Farouk were [s]young leaders young thieves.

Gowon, Murtala and OBJ, Buhari and Idiagbon, and IBB were all in their early 30s and 40s . . . mtcheeewww.

We have a fundamental problem: corruption cheered on by family, friends, religion, and a twisted society at large.

[/s]

If I may ask, how old are u currently? Wat are u waiting for, take the bully by the horns and inspire to be a leader in ur community, instead of wasting away here in NL
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by three: 8:02pm On May 15, 2017
Well said OP!

Youth need to take leadership positions. They will not be gifted to you on a platter of gold.

Question: how old was David Mark on his first stint at Governor?
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by DonaldYusuf(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2017
eltalentino:

Can we chat on what app?
Yes we can. Send me a mail at donaldyusuf27@gmail.com then we can exchange numbers.
Cheers...
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by 989900: 8:27pm On May 15, 2017
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

[s]If I may ask, how old are u currently? Wat are u waiting for, take the bully by the horns and inspire to be a leader in ur community, instead of wasting away here in NL[/s]

You try too hard . . .
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by ba7man(m): 8:57pm On May 15, 2017
Age isn't the issue, competence and incorruptiblity is the real issue here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by IVORY2009(m): 9:38pm On May 15, 2017
989900:

You try too hard . . .
cheesy
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by Lanretoye(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2017
young president with old soulmate...still on the matter.
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by Kemperor: 1:10am On May 16, 2017
The constitution favours the rich..

It cannot happen... Unless the conatitution ia reviewed.
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by Nobody: 2:31am On May 16, 2017
the very day they stop chanting Sai Baba, Our son, or atiku till 2019 and all other he goatee politician.

till then enjoy the recycled goatees

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by DonaldYusuf(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
eltalentino:

Can we chat on what app?
Sorry, I just saw your comment now. Yes we can chat on WhatsApp. 08036516308.
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
eltalentino:

Can we chat on what app?
yea
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by venril(m): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
When i turn 35 i will be the president of Nigeria.
Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by wirinet(m): 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
989900:

Bankole and Farouk were young leaders young thieves.

Gbam!. Just like love, leadership is not about age. It is about maturity, ideas and ideals, intelligence, ability to command respect and vision. Unfortunately, most of these traits are lacking in our youths today.

Macron did not win the elections by touting his age and deriding his seniors. He concentrated solely on what he has to offer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President? by 989900: 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

[s]If I may ask, how old are u currently? Wat are u waiting for, take the bully by the horns and inspire to be a leader in ur community, instead of wasting away here in NL[/s]

You are so FXCKING stupid; you don't even know me.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan-Ihejirika Didn't Give Biafra & How Do You Expect Buhari-Burutai 2 Do So / PHOTO: Osinbajo And Governors Official Photographers Are Pretty Ladies / How Do We Restructure Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.