Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House (776 Views)

Dog Kills Cobra In Owner’s House. Pics / Dog Saves Owner From Being Attacked In Her House (Video) / Cat Refuses To Leave The Grave Site Of Its Owner In Malaysia (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House by petsarena: 5:08pm On May 15, 2017
Dogs are mostly sensitive to smell and this is their most developed sense organ. At birth, pups are borne blind and they only recognize their mother through smell. The nose is fully developed at birth and by the time they grow to depend mostly on their sense of smell. They have stronger sense of smell than humans and without this sense they get confused and lost in the world.

It’s estimated that a dog can catch a smell of something that is 100 times less concentrated than what humans can decipher.

This makes it easy for dog to find lost humans buried in rubble.

This leads us to the story of how a dog follows woman wearing her owner’s wrapper to their home.

This story was narrated to me by a client of mine sometimes ago. According to him, his wife gifted one of her friends a piece of wrapper that is usually worn by some tribes in Nigeria.

It happened that one day, the friend visited her wearing the wrapper, on smelling the woman, the dog become very excited, wagging her tail. Unfortunately the woman didn’t see her friend at home and the dog followed the woman to her house mistaken her to be her owner.

Later, the woman came back to see her friend still tying the wrapper, this time she was lucky to meet her friend. Then another drama ensued, this time the dog started barking at the woman wearing her owner's wrapper, she went as far as pulling on the wrapper, kept disturbing the woman that she had to leave immediately to remove the wrapper. By the time she came back wearing another cloth, the dog became calm.

She was confused earlier by assuming that the woman was her owner. Dogs understand and can distinguish any smell that goes into their nostril. Just as humans identify people by their face through their sense of sight, so do dogs identify humans and animals through their smell.

As a vet, when I get to a home for house call, on nearing the gate even without knocking the dog begins to react. Some will go and hide, others will continue barking depending on the temperament of the dog.

Stories like this abound on how dogs use their sense of smell to see the world around them.

We will like to hear story of other funny or intelligent things you dog have done in the past.
Posted by http://petsarena.com.ng/2017/05/dog-follows-woman-wearing-owners-wrapper-house/

1 Like

Re: Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House by Greene66: 5:22pm On May 15, 2017
Lol that dog must be a local dog.

If you like wear my shirt, wear my trousers and my shoes even use my perfume.

My dogs won't follow you infact you will explain to them what happened to me grin

#Tested
#Confirmed
Re: Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House by dreamwords: 5:46pm On May 15, 2017
Bet9ja dog race
Re: Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 15, 2017
..lol.. Are you sure?

1 Like

Re: Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House by tooskana(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2017
that is basenji dog breed
Re: Dog Follows Woman Wearing Owner's Wrapper To Her House by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 16, 2017
Yeah most ppl will tink dey are local dogs dey are bred for hunting and herding
tooskana:
that is basenji dog breed

(1) (Reply)

A Good Stud(boerboel) Is Needed ASAP / Miracle And Nina A.k.a The Shepeteri Rottweiller Puppies Up For Sale... / Big Snaked Killed And Turned To Pepper Soup (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.