Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,793 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:30 AM

“I Hope Students Don’t Forfeit Their Bedspace” – (dean, Students’ Affairs OAU) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / “I Hope Students Don’t Forfeit Their Bedspace” – (dean, Students’ Affairs OAU) (438 Views)

University Of Abuja Dean In Sex For Marks Scandal, Caught Pants Down / 5 Reasons Secondary School Students Don’t Need Social Media / Protest At FUOYE Against Malomo, Dean Of Students' Affairs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Hope Students Don’t Forfeit Their Bedspace” – (dean, Students’ Affairs OAU) by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 15, 2017
Early Monday morning, the Students’ Union President - Obafemi Awolowo University directed students – finalist not to yield to an act of the management which he termed ‘extortion’. This happened as a result of the collection of a N500 fee for a hall handbook provided by the management.

In a call chat with the president – Dr IBK on his action so far, he said “The wardens claim the DSA has to give them the directives to stop the collection, but until the DSA gives them the directives, we have told them to stop registration and the extortion, until then, students should go straight to their rooms as the bedspaces belong to them.”

Students were however in disarray despite the confidence the union President has given them. In a phone call chat with Prof Akinola (Dean, Students’ Affairs) she said
“The issue of handbook has been sorted out during fresher’s resumption.”

She however condemned the action of the Union executive and the students. She said
“If that is decent enough, they can do it, I hope they don’t forfeit their Bedspace. I hope when they forfeit their Bedspace, they’ll be able to sort it out for them.”

http://scholarzine.com.ng/i-hope-the-students-dont-forfeit-their-admission-prof-akinola-dean-students-affairs/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Fynestboi,

(1) (Reply)

Malpractice: More Than 10,000 Candidates Caught In Anambra, Says JAMB - Educatio / [enter Here] can Anyone Explain The University Screening Process? / List of some of the Nigerian Universities and thier newly increased fees (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.