Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB (22520 Views)

OPC Warns IPOB Against Attack On Yoruba Territory / Governor Nyesom Wike Warns IPOB, Says "Steer Clear Of Rivers State" / APGA Writes Nnamdi Kanu, Warns IPOB Leader Not To Think Himself Igbo “EMPEROR” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Eastwalk(m): 9:14pm On May 15, 2017
mexxmoney:

You must be the dumbest person I've ever met if you can't recognise a typographical error
Typographical error are error in English like misuse of tenses, you hold on to others errors but ignores yours. Hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by ginggerxy: 9:15pm On May 15, 2017
fergie001:

Chai,this your English can make foes turn friends oooo
hahahahahh I don throw my phone for inside oha soup
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Mujaheeeden: 9:15pm On May 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
Bleep!!! semi literate is the correct script, which dictionary did you get ur sem literate. He only misused a tense, which is a common error.
it's one word. Semiliterate

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by fergie001: 9:17pm On May 15, 2017
ginggerxy:
hahahahahh I don throw my phone for inside oha soup
Hahaha,abeg pick am ooooo,economy hard now oooo grin grin grin
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by omsal84(m): 9:19pm On May 15, 2017
zealblinks:
It's only semi illiterate that support this agitation. They should have invest their time on something good not this meaningless agitation.
What exactly have you benefited from one Nigeria and what do you aim to achieve?
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by ginggerxy: 9:21pm On May 15, 2017
fergie001:

Hahaha,abeg pick am ooooo,economy hard now oooo grin grin grin
bro I pick am even lick the soup wey rob am sef
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Padiga: 9:21pm On May 15, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Better than Afonja traitors.
you mean cowards?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by mexxmoney: 9:22pm On May 15, 2017
Eastwalk:
Typographical error are error in English like misuse of tenses, you hold on to others errors but ignores yours. Hypocrites!!!

Nope,typos are not errors of English language. typographical errors occur when one knows the correct words or phrases to use but mistypes it in error. Grammatical errors occur when one does not actually know the right words or phrases to use in a given situation and hence types or says something that is totally wrong or meaningless. Huge difference

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Padiga: 9:23pm On May 15, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Bros you are talking to yourself oooooooo. Hahahahahahaha
MA guy, I think say na only me see am. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by chigoziem10(f): 9:23pm On May 15, 2017
It's not your headache, there are many other people you can warn certainly not IPOB. #Remove the plank in your eyes before you can remove the stick in my eye. A word is enough for the wise!!
Mind your business, ndi osu imi

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by omsal84(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2017
imanicah:
Most Igbo's are unreasonable.
You can see their stupidity being display publicly
by their comments. just scroll down and read
Igbo's comments. bunches of IDIOT'S .
I will bet, you didn't pass FSLC.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by fergie001: 9:24pm On May 15, 2017
ginggerxy:
bro I pick am even lick the soup wey rob am sef
Hahahahaha,u and Oha soup ehn,but Achara soup is sweeter nah grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Notasyouthink: 9:28pm On May 15, 2017
zealblinks:
It's only semi illiterate that support this agitation. They should have invest their time on something good not this meaningless agitation.
Unity beggar!!! You call them semi illiterate and their agitation baseless because they refuse to stay with you in this contraption.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by edudguy(m): 9:28pm On May 15, 2017
People who are saying that no one was forced to stay at home are very funny. Go out on that day and you'll see how people will intimidate you. There was one that was organised and people who opened shops were intimidated and their wares were ransacked. The 3 million Igbos killed in the war should and must be remembered but it should not be done like an order, it should be solemn. You can't say you don't support the Biafra in the East in a midst of die-hard Biafra supporters and expect your body to be complete. I did, and people came for my head (Bridget95 comes to mind.) She branded me a child that could neither write nor spell. Aunty, I greet you o.
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by osusuallstars: 9:30pm On May 15, 2017
a complete quack lawyer looking for publicity . we no ''sen'' you. bargar.IPOD asked its members to stay at home. what is your own. ipob never force anybody. those that will come to harass you on the road , if they are our members they ought to stay at home. so ugochukwu or whatever your name is just remain silent. we dont know of your existence and even the zoo you wish to pleasedid not ''sen'' you

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by AlphaStyles(m): 9:36pm On May 15, 2017
Biafra will never come I bet u
#foolsrepublic

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 15, 2017
Youngadvocate:
An Abuja-based renowned Lawyer and Human rights activist, Osuagwu Ugochukwu, over the weekend, fired warning to the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, against forcing people to sit at home on May 30 to mark the celebration of Biafra Day.

Ugochukwu also, advised IPOB and other pro-Biafra activists not to take the laws into their hands in their planned bid to force Igbos and non-Igbos to stay at home on May 30, 2017.

According to Daily Post, Ugochukwu said it was totally wrong for the group to force people who do not believe in Biafra to stay at home and stop motorist from moving in and out of eastern part of the country on May 30.

Recall, IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful, had issued a statement asking its members to observe the stay at home exercise on May 30 and remember their fallen heroes.

In his reaction on Sunday, Ugochukwu warned IPOB against provoking the Nigerian government and the military, stressing that it would be better to fight for a course within the ambit of the law.

He said, “Nobody is against your belief in Biafra and nobody is saying you should not exercise your rights in promoting your Biafra ideology. But in doing so you must not breach the laws of the land.

“The call by IPOB to all markets, transport companies, schools, banks, companies, civil servants, petrol stations, okada/tricycle unions, park management, artisans, National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) and Drivers Welfare in Biafraland, to shut down on that particular day in honour and remembrance of our fallen heroes and heroines is unlawful. This is a threat to Sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Nigerian Constitution.

“The laws of the land allow for freedom of movement and any attempt by any group including IPOB to force people from freely moving will be treated as treasonable , breach of public peace and confrontational which the Military and other security agencies would not take lightly.

“IPOB has no right to restrict movement of persons and vehicles on May 30 as it is against section 41 of the Nigerian Constitution (as amended) which provides that Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.”

The activist urged IPOB to follow the path of Igbo apex social cultural group, Ohaneze, which had been agitating for better deal for Ndigbo within the ambit of the law.

Nevertheless, some have criticised Ugochukwu, stating that his argument is baseless as the IPOB never forced Ndigbo to sit at home but only asked its members and other lovers of and believers in Biafra to stay-at-home to mark the celebration.

http://igbobia.com/?q=biafra-day-do-not-force-people-to-sit-at-home-it-is-illegallawyer-ugochukwu-warns-ipob-see-his-0
Make them go na,make the police and army use them do target practice.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Ogalanyachieze: 9:45pm On May 15, 2017
But down there at bayelsa igbo?s dont open thier shops if ijaws celebrate boro day
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by timilehin95(m): 9:49pm On May 15, 2017
Igbos:

Check well..
Na Afonja lawyer.. Lol

Because he speaks against iPod impunity you label him "charge and bail"
Wehdonsar
Osuagwu Ugochukwu grin... He's even one of their blodas

1 Like

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Nwakaumu(m): 9:56pm On May 15, 2017
edudguy:
People who are saying that no one was forced to stay at home are very funny. Go out on that day and you'll see how people will intimidate you. There was one that was organised and people who opened shops were intimidated and their wares were ransacked. The 3 million Igbos killed in the war should and must be remembered but it should not be done like an order, it should be solemn. You can't say you don't support the Biafra in the East in a midst of die-hard Biafra supporters and expect your body to be complete. I did, and people came for my head (Bridget95 comes to mind.) She branded me a child that could neither write nor spell. Aunty, I greet you o.
iF you want to appreciate how humane IPOB ve been,go to a central mosque in Kano and shout that Muhammed is a bastard and that Allah is the devil.I bet you,you will not live to tell the tale.Efulefu you are!

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Ogalanyachieze: 9:58pm On May 15, 2017
Section 41 seems to provide room for biafrexit as it reads : no citizen shall be expelled from nigeria, and no citizen shall be denied entry or exit therefrom. We want to exit

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by mexxmoney: 10:00pm On May 15, 2017
Eastwalk:

They are not errors of language Ok. Stop arguing blindly
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by femolii: 10:31pm On May 15, 2017
Sit at home?hehehe these people are first class mumu . it will b better if u people can pack out from other region than this sit at home because packing out ur loads should be d best n remain in that ur red mud curse land.
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Princewell2012(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2017
[b][/b] Did he say this when the Oba of Lagos was threathning to send the igbos to LAGOON?
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by gentle007(m): 10:48pm On May 15, 2017
zealblinks:

No need. You sure won't get it right. And I know why, because you think you are right.
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Princewell2012(m): 10:52pm On May 15, 2017
Youngadvocate:
An Abuja-based renowned Lawyer and Human rights activist, Osuagwu Ugochukwu, over the weekend, fired warning to the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, against forcing people to sit at home on May 30 to mark the celebration of Biafra Day.

Ugochukwu also, advised IPOB and other pro-Biafra activists not to take the laws into their hands in their planned bid to force Igbos and non-Igbos to stay at home on May 30, 2017.

According to Daily Post, Ugochukwu said it was totally wrong for the group to force people who do not believe in Biafra to stay at home and stop motorist from moving in and out of eastern part of the country on May 30.

Recall, IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful, had issued a statement asking its members to observe the stay at home exercise on May 30 and remember their fallen heroes.

In his reaction on Sunday, Ugochukwu warned IPOB against provoking the Nigerian government and the military, stressing that it would be better to fight for a course within the ambit of the law.

He said, “Nobody is against your belief in Biafra and nobody is saying you should not exercise your rights in promoting your Biafra ideology. But in doing so you must not breach the laws of the land.

“The call by IPOB to all markets, transport companies, schools, banks, companies, civil servants, petrol stations, okada/tricycle unions, park management, artisans, National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) and Drivers Welfare in Biafraland, to shut down on that particular day in honour and remembrance of our fallen heroes and heroines is unlawful. This is a threat to Sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Nigerian Constitution.

“The laws of the land allow for freedom of movement and any attempt by any group including IPOB to force people from freely moving will be treated as treasonable , breach of public peace and confrontational which the Military and other security agencies would not take lightly.

“IPOB has no right to restrict movement of persons and vehicles on May 30 art [b]tas it is against section 41 of the Nigerian Constitution (as amended) which provides that Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any phereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.”
The activist urged IPOB to follow the path of Igbo apex social cultural group, Ohaneze, which had been agitating for better deal for Ndigbo within the ambit of the law.

Nevertheless, some have criticised Ugochukwu, stating that his argument is baseless as the IPOB never forced Ndigbo to sit at home but only asked its members and other lovers of and believers in Biafra to stay-at-home to mark the celebration.

http://igbobia.com/?q=biafra-day-do-not-force-people-to-sit-at-home-it-is-illegallawyer-ugochukwu-warns-ipob-see-his-0
hypocrite.
When the oba of lagos was threthning the igbos where was him?
Re: Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB by Governor10: 10:54pm On May 15, 2017

gentle007:

No need. You sure won't get it right. And I know why, because you think you are right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Declines Assent To Maritime University Bill, One Other / Lawan Swears-In Abiru, Dickson, Two Other Senators / Abba Kyari Faces Dismissal By Police, Trial By NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.