Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July (10931 Views)

FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country / Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment / Senate Passes Whistle Blowers Protection Bill, 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by prinsam30: 8:42pm On May 15, 2017
gabazin080:
what if your oga is the one in charge of and u call to expose him

till then let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by experimentist: 9:07pm On May 15, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Why not now. Why wait till July. It is so laughable that thieves wud make laws against stealing. What about the mere 2 years which is too short a sentence for one who steal billions. Why dont we adopt the Chinese model- death penalty. Imagine a senate with characters like rogues like Theodore Orji, robbers like Saraki, nuisance like Dino Melaye, hypocrites like Shehu Sani, senseless Ben Bruce with his empty common sense rants wud make any meaningful laws for the progress of this nation. With such people making laws u can only wonder how hopeless and futureless and useless that nation wud be as it is d case with Nigeria that is doomed far beyond redemption
Seriously.. Things keeps getting messier daily. Fed up already.
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by Nigeriadondie: 9:10pm On May 15, 2017
experimentist:
Seriously.. Things keeps getting messier daily. Fed up already.
Guy i saw it coming years earlier and that is y I ran out of dat zoo when I had d chance. Even d devil has more hope than Nigeria. Nigeria forbids to progress a fact many were blinded to.
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by experimentist: 9:20pm On May 15, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Guy i saw it coming years earlier and that is y I ran out of dat zoo when I had d chance. Even d devil has more hope than Nigeria. Nigeria forbids to progress a fact many were blinded to.
Nawao. So wah we gon do now bros? Ain't easy to travel now..
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by IdeyFindWife: 10:10pm On May 15, 2017
Good development!

Hope it will have a comprehensive witness protection framework.

otherwise, cabal sponsored assassins will later end the whistleblower life in no time.
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by Olril18(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2017
DONSMITH123:

President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has said that the Senate will pass the Whistle Blower Protection Bill in July, 2017.

He made this known at the launch of “Antidotes for Corruption: The Nigerian Story”, a book written by Sen. Dino Melaye, on Monday in Abuja.

Saraki said that when backed by legislation, whistle-blowing would have greater value “and it is hoped that we can pass it before July this year”.

According to him, other anti-corruption legislation being considered by the Senate, include the Proceeds of Crime Bill, the Special Anti-Corruption Court, which will be done through constitutional amendment and the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Bill.

Saraki said that the executive and legislature must work hard to make it difficult for proceeds of corruption to find any hope.

http://punchng.com/senate-to-pass-whistle-blower-protection-bill-in-july/

very good idea
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by Nigeriadondie: 10:31pm On May 15, 2017
experimentist:
Nawao. So wah we gon do now bros? Ain't easy to travel now..
To travel out now no be beans as most countries are now tightening their borders. The Syrian refugee crises made matters worse. The cost and requirement is now hard and the processing period is now extended.
As to what to do, d masses must put aside religious, ethnic differences and unite in a massive protest to shut down the entire nation together with the security agencies police and military cos whether bloody civilian or bloody military all are affected. For the military when they retire they return to civilian life. If we keep quiet believe me nothing wud ever change rather the elite wud be emboldenend to do worse
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by donnie(m): 12:46am On May 16, 2017
Nice. As in, the whistleblower's security should be taken into consideration or even guaranteed but his identity shouldn't be hidden biko.

You think we don't know that most times the government are the whistleblowers themselves?

Make una no agree o.
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by finest82(f): 6:31am On May 16, 2017
At least we know the referees can now officiate peacefully

Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by Hafeezson(m): 7:02am On May 16, 2017
Going round wif ma wistle, looking for where to blow it cry
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by apatheticme(f): 10:50am On May 16, 2017
madridguy:
I doubt the rogues.

WHAT HAVE FATHERS DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
Have you noticed that all the good songs only celebrate mothers? Try this one:

Who sat and watched my infant head
When sleeping on my cradle bed
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My mother.

Or this one:

Sweet mother, I no go forget you
For dis suffer wey you suffer for me eh....

The Yoruba people are not left out.

Iya ni wura iyebiye, ti a ko le fowora
O loyun mi f'osu mesan,
O pon mi fodun meta,
Iya ni wura iyebiye, ti a ko le fowora

Sometimes, it could even get slightly abusive

Mummy oooo, waa pe l'aye
Mummy oooo, wa jeun omo
Eni ba ni ko ni ribe, a fo loju,
A kan lapa, a ko senu trailer, a ku tu e!

Do you know the popular song for Fathers?

A ti gbe Baba re'le eeeee
A ti gbe Baba re'le
A ti gbe eeeeee
A ti gbe eeeee, Baaba re 'le

One mischievous person chose this for Fathers

Baba o, Baba o, Baba o
Oluwa da Baba si FUN WA
Unfortunately, that song is not praying that the Father should leave long to enjoy the work of his hands. No! That song is just praying for the father so that they can continue to milk him dry (Oluwa da Baba si FUN WA!)

*The question now is what exactly have fathers done to deserve this*
Lol. Fathers dt are responsible are really cool and should be celebrated, however they are few and far between, meanwhile most mothers go to any length to care for their kids. A quick example to buttress my point. This morning, my neighbor's kids were sent away by their dad to go and meet their mom where she sells at a local market for money to buy food for breakfast before going to school, this is a man who is working and receiving salary but would rather spend on girls, gamble bet 9ja and drink with the rest. The poor woman would be the one to wake up 5:00am when the man is still sleeping, clean the house, bath the children, cook before leaving early for market. She will still be the one to give them food and money to take to school, she sacrifices her time, energy, beauty, money, comfort, etiquette etc so dt her kids can do well. Children are not blind, u think they do not know the difference Dt mother tried way more than father, can't u see even I go dye comedian built a house for his mom? Enough said, I believe u get the gist
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by madridguy(m): 11:03am On May 16, 2017
Your neighbor his not a father but just a man tongue

apatheticme:

Lol. Fathers dt are responsible are really cool and should be celebrated, however they are few and far between, meanwhile most mothers go to any length to care for their kids. A quick example to buttress my point. This morning, my neighbor's kids were sent away by their dad to go and meet their mom where she sells at a local market for money to buy food for breakfast before going to school, this is a man who is working and receiving salary but would rather spend on girls, gamble bet 9ja and drink with the rest. The poor woman would be the one to wake up 5:00am when the man is still sleeping, clean the house, bath the children, cook before leaving early for market. She will still be the one to give them food and money to take to school, she sacrifices her time, energy, beauty, money, comfort, etiquette etc so dt her kids can do well. Children are not blind, u think they do not know the difference Dt mother tried way more than father, can't u see even I go dye comedian built a house for his mom? Enough said, I believe u get the gist
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by apatheticme(f): 12:32pm On May 16, 2017
madridguy:
Your neighbor his not a father but just a man tongue

Well, sadly tales like dis abound all over ranging from my immediate neighborhood, to church, to my clinical practice. If you are right dt he's a man then we probably have less than 25% of fathers in the Nigerian population tongue
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by madridguy(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2017
25% kwa? grin

apatheticme:

Well, sadly tales like dis abound all over ranging from my immediate neighborhood, to church, to my clinical practice. If you are right dt he's a man then we probably have less than 25% of fathers in the Nigerian population tongue
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by apatheticme(f): 5:05pm On May 16, 2017
madridguy:
25% kwa? grin

Yeah, thereabouts. If u're close to the grassroots u'll be freaking amazed at the behavior of some so called fathers
Re: Senate To Pass Whistle-blower Protection Bill In July by madridguy(m): 7:30pm On May 16, 2017
You're absolutely correct.

apatheticme:

Yeah, thereabouts. If u're close to the grassroots u'll be freaking amazed at the behavior of some so called fathers

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Possible Richest And Poorest State When Restructure Is Fully Done. / Governor’s Wife Constructs Classrooms, Bridge For Communities / Kwara Govt Holds Open Bid For Construction Of 26 Urban Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.