Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,135 members, 7,953,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

Taxify Set To Upstage Uber - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Taxify Set To Upstage Uber (566 Views)

E-hailing Whatsapp Group -uber/taxify Drivers And Partners / Develop Your Own App Like Uber/Taxify for Artisans, Home Cleaning etc / If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taxify Set To Upstage Uber by africandollar: 8:03am On May 16, 2017
It's no longer news that Uber now has a stiff competition from Taxify the new entrants into the cab-hailing app industry in Nigeria. Taxify came in all guns blazing by slashing the base price for ordering a taxi to your destination and Uber had no other option but to follow suit by slashing their prices by 40%, sensing the determination of it's rival they have also resorted to aggressive advertising both on audio and visual media especially across Lagos where it has it's largest share of the market.

Personally as a Uber partner who also has an agreement with Taxify (shhh...that's a secret) I have resorted to using only Taxify to contact most of my riders just for one single reason...Taxify only takes 15% commision on your profits while Uber demands a cut-throat 25%!

It has been said that competition is always good for the consumer and I do quite agree because despite the low prices being offered by Taxify there has been a surge especially in the number of customers riding on Taxify since the reduction in price by Uber came to fore. The question on their minds (the customers) would have been, so Uber could actually reduce prices by 40% yet they never did so until a competition came along? Trust Nigerians to teach capitalists a good lesson. I remember vividly not too long ago a similar situation when MTN claimed that per-second billing was not yet possible until Globacom came along offering per-second billing and before you could say 'Jack Robinson!' MTN started offering same!

So who is going to win the battle of the cab-hailing app in Nigeria? Only time would tell but I am certain that with the rate the competition is getting fiercer the average guy would soon be able to hail a taxi for next to nothing...good times ahead.

1 Like

Re: Taxify Set To Upstage Uber by Emproxy(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2017
Yea, competition is good for consumer and healthy for the economy.
Great post Kiu!
Re: Taxify Set To Upstage Uber by africandollar: 6:27am On May 17, 2017
Emproxy:
Yea, competition is good for consumer and healthy for the economy.
Great post Kiu!

Thanks Bro!

(1) (Reply)

Can I Use The Same Mastercard To Buy Gigs More Than Once On Fiverr? / If You Have Buyers For Charcoal Bring Them We Will Supply And Pay You Commission / Promo! Promo!! Promo!!! Be A Land Owner In Ibeju Lekki Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.