Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,173 members, 7,860,221 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

5 Business Rules That Can Make A Thinker Get Richer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Business Rules That Can Make A Thinker Get Richer (663 Views)

5 Business Lessons I Learned From The Richest African Billionaires / Danjuma Is Far Richer Than Dangote (proof) / 5 Business Ideas For Students On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Business Rules That Can Make A Thinker Get Richer by deltaking2: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
Someone has said “if you stop thinking you’ll start stinking” but i added that if you stop thinking you’ll start sinking. the secret of wealthy and successful business men today is not far fetch from great exercise of the mind. If you don’t put your mind to work, God won’t mind you. Just as a palm tree planted at the river side grows stress freely, is every business that lies at the corridors of idealists and great thinkers. here are five rules for great business

Find A Need And Fill It
Though i couldn’t recall the name but i know the success story of a young mind who was once working for IBM, he saw that his customers who were buying IBM computers, needed help in processing their data. he went to IBM with this idea, they said they weren’t interested so he started his own business. He eventually sold it out for $2.8billion.he found a need and he filled it. find a problem and solve it the no.2 rule is to find a problem and equally provide a solution for it. A secretary working for a small company where they produce flour began

Mixing flour with nail vanish in order to whiteout the mistakes she was making in her typing. in no time her colleagues in the office asked if she could make for them to solve the same purpose. She began it in her kitchen table. However people in other offices started asking for it and she eventually quit her job and starts doing what she knows best which is today called liquid paper. I learnt a few years ago, she sold her company to Gillette Corporation for 47million dollars. I guess she must have stressed the brain to come to this wealthy state.

Look For Solution

travel, read wide, ask questions, find a problem that everybody’s got and see if you can come up with a solution for it or find a way to supply a product or services better, cheaper and at a faster and easier way. A college boy in California once traveled to India for holidays during his long vacation. He got to Bombay and noticed the uncivilized and poverty State people were living; both old and young to the extent that they were going on bear foot. After the holiday, he came back to California but couldn’t get off what he witnessed from his mind, as he started sketching slippers sandals that would match those millions foot. in no time he came to conclusion and sold the idea to a shoe manufacturing company and they both plan and produce rubber type shoe and shipped it to Bombay and that was how his shoe business started.

Today he is the proud owner of Tom McKenzie Shoe Company, indeed, ideas rules the world.

[b]Focus On Your Customers

The fourth rule focuses on customers. Just as a child can not grow properly without a nourished nutrient, so your business can not grow well without knowing and giving what your customers want. Become obsessed with your customers. Fixated on your customer, think of what your customers wants, what they need. What they will pay for, Thomas j Watson, senior, the founder of IBM taught his people and built his company on this principle. Always see yourself as working for the customer. Once you have come up with an ideal, then start investing your time, talent and energy to get start.

See The Source Of Most Great Business.

Remember, every successful story is traceable to every discovery, most great fortune especially in America started with an ideal and with personal effort, they started with the sale of personal service, this is what is known as sweat equity. put in sweat of your brow to start your business, you can learn valuable lessons operating on a small scale. Remember, it’s a thinkers world

1 Like

Re: 5 Business Rules That Can Make A Thinker Get Richer by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
Remember, every successful story is traceable to every discovery, most great fortune especially in America started with an ideal and with personal effort, they started with the sale of personal service, this is what is known as sweat equity. put in sweat of your brow to start your business, you can learn valuable lessons operating on a small scale. Remember, it’s a thinkers world
tELL ME MORE.
Most Nigerians are looking for a get rich quick scheme in which they end up getting their fingers burnt.
Re: 5 Business Rules That Can Make A Thinker Get Richer by AlphaTaikun: 5:30pm On May 25, 2022
deltaking2:
Someone has said “if you stop thinking you’ll start stinking” but i added that if you stop thinking you’ll start sinking. the secret of wealthy and successful business men today is not far fetch from great exercise of the mind. If you don’t put your mind to work, God won’t mind you. Just as a palm tree planted at the river side grows stress freely, is every business that lies at the corridors of idealists and great thinkers. here are five rules for great business

Find A Need And Fill It
Though i couldn’t recall the name but i know the success story of a young mind who was once working for IBM, he saw that his customers who were buying IBM computers, needed help in processing their data. he went to IBM with this idea, they said they weren’t interested so he started his own business. He eventually sold it out for $2.8billion.he found a need and he filled it. find a problem and solve it the no.2 rule is to find a problem and equally provide a solution for it. A secretary working for a small company where they produce flour began

Mixing flour with nail vanish in order to whiteout the mistakes she was making in her typing. in no time her colleagues in the office asked if she could make for them to solve the same purpose. She began it in her kitchen table. However people in other offices started asking for it and she eventually quit her job and starts doing what she knows best which is today called liquid paper. I learnt a few years ago, she sold her company to Gillette Corporation for 47million dollars. I guess she must have stressed the brain to come to this wealthy state.

Look For Solution

travel, read wide, ask questions, find a problem that everybody’s got and see if you can come up with a solution for it or find a way to supply a product or services better, cheaper and at a faster and easier way. A college boy in California once traveled to India for holidays during his long vacation. He got to Bombay and noticed the uncivilized and poverty State people were living; both old and young to the extent that they were going on bear foot. After the holiday, he came back to California but couldn’t get off what he witnessed from his mind, as he started sketching slippers sandals that would match those millions foot. in no time he came to conclusion and sold the idea to a shoe manufacturing company and they both plan and produce rubber type shoe and shipped it to Bombay and that was how his shoe business started.

Today he is the proud owner of Tom McKenzie Shoe Company, indeed, ideas rules the world.

[b]Focus On Your Customers

The fourth rule focuses on customers. Just as a child can not grow properly without a nourished nutrient, so your business can not grow well without knowing and giving what your customers want. Become obsessed with your customers. Fixated on your customer, think of what your customers wants, what they need. What they will pay for, Thomas j Watson, senior, the founder of IBM taught his people and built his company on this principle. Always see yourself as working for the customer. Once you have come up with an ideal, then start investing your time, talent and energy to get start.

See The Source Of Most Great Business.

True that.
It's a thinkers and doers world!

(1) (Reply)

Vietnamese Rice Imorters Wanted / Catfish For Sale To Any Part Of The Country. / Who Should Be Responsible For The Clearing Of International Shipments?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.