Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

‘ndigbo, Biafrans Themselves Have Not Helped Themselves’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘ndigbo, Biafrans Themselves Have Not Helped Themselves’ (384 Views)

How Drones Helped Us Raid 18 Kidnappers’ Camps –army / Beware Of Another Civil War – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warns Nigerians / Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘ndigbo, Biafrans Themselves Have Not Helped Themselves’ by inscreAF: 2:52pm On May 16, 2017
According to the Ogirishi of Igboland, Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka and the Deputy Publicity Secretary of Eastern Consultative Assembly, ECA, Dede Uzor A. Uzor.
Biafra state remains a Biafra state but that the problem with Ndigbo is that Biafrans themselves have not helped themselves.
According to Ezeonwuka, “If you call yourself an Igboman or a Biafran, you must have heard that only 20 pounds was released to every Igbo man shortly after the civil war, and their properties were forcefully taken away from them in some parts of the country in the name of abandoned properties, yet they managed to survive”.
“However, he continued, it is quite unfortunate that the same Ndigbo who suffered these deprivations have not learnt our lessons from it, to the extent that after surviving the post-civil war trauma, they still went ahead to invest all their monies outside Igbo land where their monies and properties could be abandoned for the second time in the event of another outbreak of war or possible break-up of the country”.

“I presume that Ndigbo cannot be identified as fools with their first mistakes but with this second mistakes of continuing to invest massively in other parts of the country, as they are doing now in their numbers, they can be identified as proper fools and as such, the step could be likened to an Igbo adage which states that first fool is not fool but second fool is proper foolishness”.
“To me, Biafra republic has already been declared by Ojukwu in 1967 and there will be no need for declaration of Biafra for the second time. Ojukwu declared it, fought for it and died for it. There will be no need for a second declaration. All we need to do is to do remembrance anniversaries and befitting burials for those who died during the struggle”.

According to him, “The effect of what led to the civil war remains unresolved till date. For instance, no Igboman is in top four echelon in the strategic security apparatus of the nation, ranging from Chief Of Army Staff, COAS, Chief Of Defence Staff, CDS, Insoector-General of Police, IGP, Director-General of State Security Services, D-G SSS, Specurity Adviser, SSA, Chief of Air Staff, Chief of Naval Staff, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Nigerian Customs Service, NCS, Immigration Service, Prisons Service, NAFDAC, NIMASA, Aviation, Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, among others”.

He queried: “Does it mean that no Igboman is qualified or educationally sound to hold such a strategic positions? These are the issues behind the continued agitation of ndigbo for restoration or actualization of Biafra”.
“Since these fundamental issues are yet to be addressed, we in the ECA would want to align ourselves with some prominent Igbo personalities like Dr. Alex Ekwueme, second republic vice president who are in support of Nnamdi Kanu’s continuation with his clamour for the restoration of Biafra”.

We want the Yorubas and other like-minded people, including the South outh to continue to throw their weight and support behind Ndigbo since no individual or group have regretted supporting Ndigbo and I must emphasize that Ndigbo remains trusted allies to any group of individual who wishes to align with them”.

Re: ‘ndigbo, Biafrans Themselves Have Not Helped Themselves’ by tollyboy5(m): 5:34pm On May 16, 2017
last time I checked CBN governor is from the east and many others like minister of transport what this people want we don't understand. southwest returned Igbo properties back that's why they could start a better life here far better than their home town. if you are talking about their seized properties you should accuse north or SS sad
Re: ‘ndigbo, Biafrans Themselves Have Not Helped Themselves’ by Igboesika: 5:39pm On May 16, 2017
I would rather keep a snake in my house and be sure that I kept snake than to keep afonja.

Chukwu aju.

Igbos should never allow the same stick to give them injury twice.
He shouldn't have involved afonjas in this matter

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: U.S.$480 Billion Stolen From Nigeria In 54 Years / Speech By Ohanaeze President Nnia Nwodo At Years Of Biafra @50 / It Is Time NIGERIANS Brace Ur Self

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.