Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Creating A New Programming Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Creating A New Programming Language (1879 Views)

What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / Is It Possible To Create New Programming Language? / Dragon, A New Programming Language And Its Uses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating A New Programming Language by ViiCODE: 5:10pm On May 16, 2017
Hello all. I'm currently working on my final year project which is creating a new programming language. I've done my research and still researching. Please, if there is anyone with any experience concerning creating a new programming language or writing a compiler, don't hesitate to share. I or someone out there can still learn a thing or two from your experience. Also, if you know of any material which would greatly help my cause, please drop the name. Thanks.
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by cbrass(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2017
So you want to write a new language withing a semester? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Creating A New Programming Language by Olyboy16(m): 10:20pm On May 16, 2017
cbrass:

in the regular nigerian computer science departments, the average lecturer expects you to build him his complete phD project.
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by ViiCODE: 8:17am On May 17, 2017
cbrass:

Yes. It's possible. Our class was grouped into 2 and the other group created a scripting programming language and my group created a general programming language.

Though the languages created are not sophisticated like the already existing ones, they can still do some things like solving simple arithmetic problems. All these were created within the first semester.
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by tokzy205(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2017
cbrass:
grin grin I tire for Nigeria schools

1 Like

Re: Creating A New Programming Language by Nobody: 10:02am On May 17, 2017
Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by cbrass(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2017
ViiCODE:

Yes. It's possible. Our class was grouped into 2 and the other group created a scripting programming language and my group created a general programming language.

Though the languages created are not sophisticated like the already existing ones, they can still do some things like solving simple arithmetic problems. All these were created within the first semester.

when you are done with the language please let us know so we can learn it, angry
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by cbrass(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2017
dhtml18:
Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

bro wetin nw grin grin grin
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by cbrass(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2017
tokzy205:
grin grin I tire for Nigeria schools

bro the thing weak me oo
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by pythonleet: 5:04pm On May 17, 2017
ViiCODE:
Hello all. I'm currently working on my final year project which is creating a new programming language. I've done my research and still researching. Please, if there is anyone with any experience concerning creating a new programming language or writing a compiler, don't hesitate to share. I or someone out there can still learn a thing or two from your experience. Also, if you know of any material which would greatly help my cause, please drop the name. Thanks.

Drop your whatsapp number; I think I might know someone who could help you.
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by ViiCODE: 11:34pm On May 17, 2017
pythonleet:

Drop your whatsapp number; I think I might know someone who could help you.

o8164093044, Thanks I appreciate.
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by Nobody: 10:42am On May 30, 2017
3 Questions.

- What do you know about compiler construction?
- How well are you good in C?
- Have you ever heard of Lex and YACC

From a research, you can make a programming language in C#

Read from here
http://www.codemag.com/Article/1607081

But i suggest C, then understand how to create your own compiler.

Read off here https://www.quora.com/How-does-one-create-a-programming-language

But you cannot code a programming language in a semester,It took my friend a year plus to create a programming language he uses in his office for web application today.

1 Like

Re: Creating A New Programming Language by ViiCODE: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
gimakon:
3 Questions.

- What do you know about compiler construction?
- How well are you good in C?
- Have you ever heard of Lex and YACC

From a research, you can make a programming language in C#

Read from here
http://www.codemag.com/Article/1607081

But i suggest C, then understand how to create your own compiler.

Read off here https://www.quora.com/How-does-one-create-a-programming-language

But you cannot code a programming language in a semester,It took my friend a year plus to create a programming language he uses in his office for web application today.

Thanks so much. I'm on it already. This will help me greatly.
Re: Creating A New Programming Language by nsimageorge(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
ViiCODE:

I believe that your writing a new language is basically for learning purposes, else I would have adviced against trying to hurry on such a project. However, its possible to write a new language in a short time, but what is your new language intending to solve?

If you go for C, that might be a very steep curve. You can try with JS, Python or PHP. Deploy a new language for the web.
There are some basic things a language should have.
First is a compiler/intepreter: Your browser can serve as an intepreter, no need to go writing a compiler, why not go ahead with writing down the chunk of functional code. For PHP, you could basically just run Ubuntu and use it.(With this you don't even have to worry about things like memory management)

Second is the semantics: Practically, just think like whoever would be using your language, then code away. (Don't just code away, plan it first). What variable initializing concept would be used? etc

There is really no third or fourth... Once you just get the first and second, everything would start falling into place.

1 Like

Re: Creating A New Programming Language by Linestech: 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
ViiCODE:

For an average Nigerian computer science student I will say you and your lecturers are joking

Go and download a script and defend like you people always do

(1) (Reply)

The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria / Transform Your Web Project In HTML And Php/mysql To A Desktop Software In .exe / LOL. See Software Development Job Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.