Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? (2131 Views)

This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? / Where Can I Get My Phone Chip Unlocked In Onitsha? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? by sacredhearts: 8:36pm On May 16, 2017
i intend to buy a mobile phone from the USA and i want to know which network is easier to convert for nigerian use please
Re: Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? by sakalisis(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2017
sacredhearts:
i intend to buy a mobile phone from the USA and i want to know which network is easier to convert for nigerian use please

Att and Sprint
Re: Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? by baba4thegehs: 3:35pm On May 17, 2017
All Verizon Is Unlocked
Re: Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? by Baroba(m): 3:49pm On May 17, 2017
I will advise you to buy an unlocked phone.. The Motorola G devices is a good place to start.. Sometimes you run into problems with these branded phones..
Re: Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? by mrkhaynoni: 3:59pm On May 17, 2017
baba4thegehs:
All Verizon Is Unlocked

Are u sure about this sir? I guess this means I can insert my sim and start using straight away?
Re: Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? by baba4thegehs: 4:11pm On May 17, 2017
mrkhaynoni:

Are u sure about this sir? I guess this means I can insert my sim and start using straight away?

As long as the imei number has not been blacklisted or bad as the case may be..

All branded Verizon phones come pre Unlocked just insert your sim and use.
Re: Which American G.S.M Network Is Most Easily Unlocked In Nigeria? by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:06pm On May 17, 2017
Based on personal experience, I will list them from the easiest to the hardest.

1.AT&T. This is by far the easiest. As long as you bought the phone for full price and not financed, all you need to do is to send them an email requesting it to be unlocked. You need to provide the IMEI and they will reply with the unlock code within 2 to 24 hours.

2. Verizon. This came first but barely. It is easiest because despite being a CDMA network, they have left their CDMA roots behind when they moved to 4G. Once you get their phone, all you need to do is to make sure that it is FIRST ACTIVATED ON VERIZON'S NETWORK, MAKE A CALL ON THE NETWORK AND SPEND AT LEAST $30 OR A MONTH USING IT. These are easy cos when u activate it, the cheapest package is $30 for a month. Afterwards, you can use it on any other network worldwide except for US.

3. T-Mobile. You need to activate and use the phone on their network for a period of time that varies then u can easily download the official app (for Android) from Playstore and request for unlock and it will be unlocked. Again, it must not be financed or be in bad standing in any way.

Sprint and Boost. No go area. Some claim that they can unlock it but the process is rigid.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix "Unfortunately System UI Has Stopped" Error On Android Smartphone / No Wifi Push Button In Tecno Spark 4 / Nokia N900 For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.