Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Why Don't We Have Ipo's Anymore? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why Don't We Have Ipo's Anymore? (553 Views)

How To Reclaim My Transcorp Shares Bought During IPO But Didnt Get Certificate / ATTENTION: LAND PROPERTIES ARE NOT FOR SALE ANYMORE !!!! / How To Invest And Make Money From An IPO. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't We Have Ipo's Anymore? by gentlefada(m): 10:13pm On May 16, 2017
IPO stand for Initial Public Offering and is a situation whereby a private company in a bid to raise capital invites the public to subscribe to its shares. Growing up in the early and mid 2000's (currently in my mid twenties) there were a lot of advertisement on local TV for IPO's but since the turn of 2010 the only one I can remember is for DARRSAT (wonder what happened to them). Anyone with an answer to this question should please enlighten.
Re: Why Don't We Have Ipo's Anymore? by Sunnyja: 10:31pm On May 16, 2017
gentlefada:
IPO stand for Initial Public Offering and is a situation whereby a private company in a bid to raise capital invites the public to subscribe to its shares. Growing up in the early and mid 2000's (currently in my mid twenties) there were a lot of advertisement on local TV for IPO's but since the turn of 2010 the only one I can remember is for DARRSAT (wonder what happened to them). Anyone with an answer to this question should please enlighten.
Are you in Nigeria? Even the gullible knows that all is not well with Nigeria's stocks
Re: Why Don't We Have Ipo's Anymore? by Montaque(m): 4:12am On May 17, 2017
Initial public offer can only be made by a public company. Private company do placement.
Reason for the decline in IPO are various - low price of the nigerian stocks, economic uncertainty, lack of confidence in contrast to what we had in 2007, companies choose their shareholders more wisely now, just like head-hunt during employment.
Re: Why Don't We Have Ipo's Anymore? by Forex4u(m): 8:15am On May 17, 2017
What the person above stated is correct, but you can use foreign IPO shares to garnish your account weekly only if you can make research on the right one, if you are in search of an IPO Shares Company to invest with abroad, contact me via the number on my signature or WhatsApp me for more info.

This is the type of topic we should be seeing in Nairaland not how to make quick money that will never establish you but rather disstablise you the more.

Nothing online pays like earning mildly good and steady, not overnight jackpot as so many Nilanders like.

We need more intelligent topics like this on this platform.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Plantain And Pawpaw Plantation @ 8 Weeks / Bitcoin Cash Account Is Needed. / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.