Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,660 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 (42372 Views)

True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State / 21 African Presidents And Their Ages As Of 2016 (photo) / See List Of Nigerian Governors And Their Ages As At 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by MedicMan1role1(f): 4:32pm On May 17, 2017
He comes from a majority tribe, so as long as his politics remains a game of numbers he is fine.
Ugosample:

Many Zimbos I know will disagree with you
or do you know their country more than them
Read about the ndembele people (hope I got that right the spelling) and come back to talk about Mugabe
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by CookieBrown: 4:56pm On May 17, 2017
MedicMan1role1:
1.I was in Oct 2013 for 3 weeks. Amenities are not stretched and it was not hard to find out that they are majorly rural dwellers. Spent in dollars and it boosts the country's tourism cos from what i understand, their currency has been poisoned by western interests. World bank and IMF have been sanctioning him because of his indigenisation policies.

2.this was basically hearsay.

3.Zimbabwe has been using cassava flour since way back as a standard. The Europeans that lived among them created very good value chain for their agricultural produce. They are almost self sustained when it comes to agricultural produce.

4.no, I am not complaining about our assimilation of their culture, but our dependency on their narrative to build our world view. he is very popular in his country and due to its a multi-tribal state, his opposition are often across that line and are funded by western interest. His tribe is a majority tribe so his stand on power is secure. His legitimacy is also rightly so because he has been democratic in his hold on power.

5. Khadaffi was a good leader to his people, and bad to foriegn interests. Its unfortunate his ways weren't pure, but a leader must know when to be kind, and also know how to use wickedness. Its the burden of their work. However, he did build a great country. He went completely mad towards the end, but it was due to he did not understand why a people he had done so much for would turn against him. He brought the whole house down on him.

Afrocentrism is an ideal... i believe in a United Africa protecting its own interests and trading freely with itself.

no, I am not complaining about our assimilation of their culture, but our dependency on their narrative to build our world view ---> Hypocrisy again and again.

Khadaffi was a good leader to his people----> I'm sorry but are you playing devil's advocate? Gadhafi was never a good man, there's absolutely no way to sugar coat it. The same goes for Mugabe. Until Africans take responsibility for their own problems and accept logic and critical reasoning as part of their culture, Africa will never ever move forward. No matter how obsessed we are with Europeans and try to blame them for any little problem we have, it will never change the following facts:

1. The people who killed the only few good men we had as good leaders were Africans. No European put a gun or knife in the hand of any African to commit these atrocities

2. The people who sell out their own African countries and its people as peanuts to the Europeans are African

3. The Civil wars, Wars, and Genocide are committed by Africans. Again, No European put a gun or knife in the hand of any African to commit these atrocities

4. We caused colonialism through slavery and even after slavery, Africans embrace Neocolonialism with pleasure

5. The poor state of the nation or nations are caused by the Africans

6. The huge loans taken from the IMF and other Organisations were done by Africans

7. We kill ourselves daily for Religion, ethnic and tribal bigotry

I could go on and on but I'm sure you understand the point I'm trying to make. I repeat, Afrocentrism never helps anyone, it's only a mask for reverse racism, that's why we're only united when it comes to the Europeans, yet, we're so disunited amongst ourselves.
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by MedicMan1role1(f): 5:24pm On May 17, 2017
i don't get how it is hypocrisy, but i build my facts from a balance of mainstream and alternate media

I am a big fan of the Machiavellian ideals on consolidation of power. And if you want to site this as hypocrisy, i must remind you that, that his little book is the anti-thesis of the user manual handed to us by the white man called the bible. And the principles of his book has been applied by great leaders from the time immemorial. Khadaffi was a cruel man but he did not let his people suffer; well not until he ran mad.

All 7 points you mentioned still has at its roots, a dependency on the white mans narrative as a causative factor to our problems. Early coups in Africa were doctored by western interest who saw the military as the tool for securing the status quo as regards to their principalities. The tragedy is that when these interests had been consolidated, they left us with those devices to govern ourselves.

The problem with governing ourselves then is that it cannot come naturally cos it did not originate naturally

CookieBrown:

no, I am not complaining about our assimilation of their culture, but our dependency on their narrative to build our world view ---> Hypocrisy again and again.

Khadaffi was a good leader to his people----> I'm sorry but are you playing devil's advocate? Gadhafi was never a good man, there's absolutely no way to sugar coat it. The same goes for Mugabe. Until Africans take responsibility for their own problems and accept logic and critical reasoning as part of their culture, Africa will never ever move forward. No matter how obsessed we are with Europeans and try to blame them for any little problem we have, it will never change the following facts:

1. The people who killed the only few good men we had as good leaders were Africans. No European put a gun or knife in the hand of any African to commit these atrocities

2. The people who sell out their own African countries and its people as peanuts to the Europeans are African

3. The Civil wars, Wars, and Genocide are committed by Africans. Again, No European put a gun or knife in the hand of any African to commit these atrocities

4. We caused colonialism through slavery and even after slavery, Africans embrace Neocolonialism with pleasure

5. The poor state of the nation or nations are caused by the Africans

6. The huge loans taken from the IMF and other Organisations were done by Africans

7. We kill ourselves daily for Religion, ethnic and tribal bigotry

I could go on and on but I'm sure you understand the point I'm trying to make. I repeat, Afrocentrism never helps anyone, it's only a mask for reverse racism, that's why we're only united when it comes to the Europeans, yet, we're so disunited amongst ourselves.
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by APCmyheart(m): 5:32pm On May 17, 2017
ademasta:
Hello, why do Africans like power this much? Must we serve the nation by force? If you are old already, millions of able youths are there to do it.

Soldier goes soldier comes, barrack remains.

Op please can you remind me how old is Donald trump again? He will be 71 in June..

How about Brazil President? Michel Temer--- He is gonna be 77 in sept.

Now tell me what did Jonathan that was elected in his early 50's achieve than corruption..

1 Like

Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by APCmyheart(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2017
CivilianJTF:
You are welcome to Africa....
A place where people lead by[b] force[/b] and imposition...
A place where those who have tasted power will do everything at the will to remain in power, even at age 100.

Black black black

But i don't think lalasticlala and mynd44 have that mentality.

please mind telling us who is ruling by force?

We voted GEJ at his 50's thinking is his young and will be better but what happen? He legalize corruption..
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by APCmyheart(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2017
Kemperor:
God please what is wrong with Africa?

maybe samething that is wrong with US that voted a 71 yrs man..
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by CookieBrown: 5:41pm On May 17, 2017
MedicMan1role1:
i don't get how it is hypocrisy, but i build my facts from a balance of mainstream and alternate media

I am a big fan of the Machiavellian ideals on consolidation of power. And if you want to site this as hypocrisy, i must remind you that, that his little book is the anti-thesis of the user manual handed to us by the white man called the bible. And the principles of his book has been applied by great leaders from the time immemorial. Khadaffi was a cruel man but he did not let his people suffer; well not until he ran mad.

All 7 points you mentioned still has at its roots, a dependency on the white mans narrative as a causative factor to our problems. Early coups in Africa were doctored by western interest who saw the military as the tool for securing the status quo as regards to their principalities. The tragedy is that when these interests had been consolidated, they left us with those devices to govern ourselves.

The problem with governing ourselves then is that it cannot come naturally cos it did not originate naturally

Khadaffi was a cruel man but he did not let his people suffer; well not until he ran mad. ---> Finally, we agree on something, I think.

All 7 points you mentioned still has at its roots, a dependency on the white man's narrative as a causative factor to our problems. ---> Please stop with this way of thinking. There's no country in the world that wouldn't seek to take advantage of another country, I mean, no single country!! No European put a gun, machete or RPG in the hands of these dictators and their cohorts to carry out these atrocities. It's akin to blaming the devil for all our misdeeds.

Also, stop mentioning ''the White man'', that's a statement used by unintelligent folks. Now I know you're aren't one, so let's focus on the issue at hand. We, as a race, are largely the cause of our own problems. We made the choice to be deceived as well as maltreat our own people, not some damn conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by MedicMan1role1(f): 5:49pm On May 17, 2017
I think i agree with you on your final statement. But its not we that are responsible but our leaders over time

CookieBrown:

Khadaffi was a cruel man but he did not let his people suffer; well not until he ran mad. ---> Finally, we agree on something, I think.

All 7 points you mentioned still has at its roots, a dependency on the white man's narrative as a causative factor to our problems. ---> Please stop with this way of thinking. There's no country in the world that wouldn't seek to take advantage of another country, I mean, no single country!! No European put a gun, machete or RPG in the hands of these dictators and their cohorts to carry out these atrocities. It's akin to blaming the devil for all our misdeeds.

Also, stop mentioning ''the White man'', that's a statement used by unintelligent folks. Now I know you're aren't one, so let's focus on the issue at hand. We, as a race, are largely the cause of our own problems. We made the choice to be deceived as well as maltreat our own people, not some damn conspiracy theory.
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by noziz(m): 6:21pm On May 17, 2017
ademasta:
Hello, why do Africans like power this much? Must we serve the nation by force? If you are old already, millions of able youths are there to do it.

Soldier goes soldier comes, barrack remains.

how children wan be leaders of tomorrow wen all this old meet no wan grey commot for power undecided

1 Like

Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by galazypro: 6:27pm On May 17, 2017
Senate threatens Buhari For inappropriate appointment of DG, Buhari sacks NEMA DG, approves executive management for others ... Buhari also approved appointments into the executive management of some ... Senate threatens CBN, NNPC, others over failure to submit budgets http://www.galazypro.com/senate-threatens-buhari-inappropriate-appointment-dg/
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by CookieBrown: 6:30pm On May 17, 2017
MedicMan1role1:
I think i agree with you on your final statement. But its not we that are responsible but our leaders over time

But its not we that are responsible but our leaders over time----> What are the nationalities and race of the leaders of Sub-Saharan Africa? Who elects these individuals into power? Who protects them and die for them as well?

Please keep an open mind, you will find out the answer to the problem is not as difficult and elusive as most of us seem to think. After all, the leaders are a representative of the people.

Peace!
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by kachiz(m): 6:46pm On May 17, 2017
But President Trump is also 70 years?
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 17, 2017
CoCoLav:
Please let us hear word. Who votes for them? is it stones and rocks that go to the ballot?
If you dont like the situation of things, you change it.
All we do is complain and point out the injustice but we do absolutely nothing about it.

We put them there, we can take them out.
Power belongs with the people, we just dont know how to make use of the power we have at our disposal.

That's the spirit!

1 Like

Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by ademasta(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2017
noziz:

how children wan be leaders of tomorrow wen all this old meet no wan grey commot for power undecided
Abi....children are the leaders of tomorrow.
Mind you, tomorrow no gree reach o
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by ademasta(m): 8:32pm On May 17, 2017
APCmyheart:

Op please can you remind me how old is Donald trump again? He will be 71 in June..

How about Brazil President? Michel Temer--- He is gonna be 77 in sept.

Now tell me what did Jonathan that was elected in his early 50's achieve than corruption..
Lol...all these names you mentioned just enjoyed the good works of the youths in their respective countries...
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by ademasta(m): 8:33pm On May 17, 2017
CookieBrown:

The only people (Africans) who put them there are the only people (Africans) who can take them down and stop this cycle of stupidity.

The big question is, will they? Are they willing to give up their hush money (bribe), ethnic and religious bigotry? The security men and soldiers who protect these dictators, are they also willing to give up their pay/bribe and fight for freedom in hope for a better future for their children?

'' In the popular African culture, older individuals are seen as wise and to be respected no matter what, so far it hasn't worked out really well in the favor of the majority''
God bless you bro...
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by MedicMan1role1(f): 9:34pm On May 17, 2017
It is also quite obvious that they are not a representative of the people...

We have had leaders who have used whatever means necessary to wrestle power, and even our present democratic journey are still these same power hungry men who aged more ruthless and would do whatever means and beyond to remain relevant. Its a completely stagnant situation as this men see things no different as they did 30years ago.

Nigerians have never succeeded in genuinely electing a leader of their choice because all election since independence in this country has been rigged.

CookieBrown:

But its not we that are responsible but our leaders over time----> What are the nationalities and race of the leaders of Sub-Saharan Africa? Who elects these individuals into power? Who protects them and die for them as well?

Please keep an open mind, you will find out the answer to the problem is not as difficult and elusive as most of us seem to think. After all, the leaders are a representative of the people.

Peace!
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by APCmyheart(m): 6:58am On May 18, 2017
ademasta:

Lol...all these names you mentioned just enjoyed the good works of the youths in their respective countries...

And in Africa?
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by Kemperor: 4:29pm On May 18, 2017
APCmyheart:

maybe samething that is wrong with US that voted a 71 yrs man..

How old was d previous president n the presidents b4 him?
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by APCmyheart(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2017
Kemperor:

How old was d previous president n the presidents b4 him?

And how ils yaradua and GEJ?
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by Kemperor: 4:58pm On May 18, 2017
APCmyheart:

And how ils yaradua and GEJ?

How do u compare their achievements to these present one?
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by APCmyheart(m): 5:05pm On May 18, 2017
Kemperor:

How do u compare their achievements to these present one?

Please can you mention GEJ achievement for me please, is it the 12 lane dual carriage that he construct leading to Otuoke and also all over South East? Is it the airport he repair? Is it the drinking water he provide for his people? Is it the Ogoni clean up...

Oh,, Maybe stealing is not corruption now become an achievement..
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by Kemperor: 5:56pm On May 18, 2017
APCmyheart:

Please can you mention GEJ achievement for me please, is it the 12 lane dual carriage that he construct leading to Otuoke and also all over South East? Is it the airport he repair? Is it the drinking water he provide for his people? Is it the Ogoni clean up...

Oh,, Maybe stealing is not corruption now become an achievement..

The Achievements are over impressive..

Read before you make fun of yourself..

Read and gain wisdom..

When you are done then you tell me what this present government has achieved so far...

People like fashola and Amechi has started saying the truth...

Limits of denigration

These days, the most discernible policy of the new APC government is to attack everything Jonathan. However, propaganda can only mask the truth in the short-term. It cannot destroy the truth in the medium to long-term. No matter what APC traducers say, the fact remains that Goodluck Jonathan was an exceptional president by Nigerian standards.

Now is the time to re-affirm this and to invite a more dispassionate reappraisal of the facts, away from the lies and fabrications of the election campaign. It can no longer be argued today that anyone defending Jonathan is a PDP contractor; a favourite line of defence of Buharimaniacs. Neither can Jonathan defenders be accused any longer of wanting to replace Reuben Abati as the president’s spokesman. “You can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.” No matter what the APC continues to broadcast about the Jonathan administration, the truth cannot be silenced.

Fashola’s gaffe: After six months of stasis, Buhari finally unfurled his ministers in the most anti-climatic fashion. These long-awaited saints and angels turned out to be mostly Santa Claus.

Babatunde Fashola, former governor of Lagos State, is now the minister of Power, Works and Housing. At his maiden news conference, tagged grandiloquently: “Setting the Agenda for Delivering Change,” the same Fashola who spent the election campaign running down the Jonathan administration shocked his audience by revealing that, rather than embark on new road construction projects in 2016, he would only endeavour to build on Jonathan’s achievements.

Wittingly or unwittingly, Fashola gave the lie to APC propaganda that Jonathan’s years were wasted years? If Jonathan was as incompetent as the APC would have us believe, why could the party not launch its own superior nationwide road-building plan, as Buhari had promised in the heady days of the 2015 election campaign? Why rely on allegedly sub-standard PDP foundations?

Similarly, rather than jettison Jonathan’s power-sector reforms that APC derided volubly during the campaign, Fashola revealed that the government will be continuing with them. Jonathan completed 10 power-plants in Nigeria within three years; the first and highest of such record by any Nigerian president living or dead. The APC had accused Jonathan of awarding the power projects to PDP cronies and financiers who are incompetent and deficient. But rather than revoke those contracts, Fashola preached continuity. He also admitted that Jonathan‘s transformation in the power sector is above 50%, and that his job would be to build on this achievement.

Jonathan’s transformation agenda

Transport Minister, Rotimi Amaechi, also had the same assessment of Jonathan’s achievements with regard to rail transportation. He pledged to complete all ongoing rail-restoration projects around the country started by Jonathan; as well as extend them to all parts of the country.

For his part, Audu Ogbeh, the new Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, did not even pretend to have an alternative to Jonathan’s Transformation Agenda. Speaking at the launching of the Anchor Borrowers Programme in Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State, Ogbe commended Jonathan’s achievements in agriculture, while also praising his ministerial predecessor for the innovations he introduced.

Thanks to Jonathan, agriculture now accounts for 22 per cent of Nigeria’s GDP, more than oil and gas which only account for 15.9 per cent. Under Jonathan, Nigeria recorded a more than 50 per cent reduction in food imports; from an import bill of N1.4 trillion to less than N700 billion. With the innovation of dry season rice-farming, Nigeria reached 60% self-sufficiency in rice production and became, according to the Food and Agricultural Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), the largest producer of cassava in the world.

Anti-corruption hypocrisy

Rather than hit the ground running, the in-coming Buhari administration has spent the last six months on a campaign against Jonathan and his men, as if it is still shopping for Nigerian votes. This campaign has become a substitute for policy, leading to the conclusion that the APC never really expected to win the election and therefore does not know what to do now it has been declared the winner. What the party did during the election campaign was present pie-in-the-sky policies that were never intended to be implemented but were primarily designed to harvest votes.

This accounts for the government’s current embarrassment with its own party manifesto and the denial of its campaign promises. It has even led to APC legislators being constrained to vote against their own policy; the payment of N5000 monthly to the 25 million poorest Nigerians. In six months, the much-touted change of the APC has turned out to be counterfeit. What we have instead is a constant barrage of media trials pertaining to the alleged corruption of the Jonathan administration.

This anti-corruption crusade is clearly not addressed at curtailing corruption. Its primary objective is to kill and bury the PDP. Not even the most ardent supporters of Jonathan would insist that there was not rampant corruption under the PDP. What is unacceptable is the present government’s pretence that corruption in Nigeria is restricted to the PDP when, as a matter of fact, the APC is just as corrupt, if not even more because of its blatant hypocrisy.

The government’s anti-corruption crusade is already without legitimacy because it is unashamedly partial and selective. Allegations made against APC office-holders are procedurally ignored by the government’s anti-corruption watchdogs. Some of the APC chieftains accused of corruption have even been rewarded with major ministerial portfolios. Others have been nominated as APC candidates in governorship elections.

PDP members are labelled corrupt until they declare for the APC; then they automatically become saints. We are meant to believe that while the PDP used government funds to buy favours and votes during the election campaign, APC managed to spend massively to dislodge the PDP from power without doing the same. The truth of the matter is that corruption is not the exclusive preserve of any party or persons. Corruption is endemic to the Nigerian political system.

Selective maligning of the members of the former government will not rid Nigeria of corruption. Neither will allegations of corruption hurriedly put together for the sake of public consumption, which are then thrown out by the courts. Corruption has to be addressed systemically and structurally. But to date, there is little evidence that the government’s anti-corruption intentions go beyond the witch-hunting of the Jonathan administration.

Jonathan’s legacies

To the extent that the present administration can be said to have any policies after six months in office, they are all legacies of the Jonathan administration. The TSA is from Jonathan. The turn-around maintenance of our refineries is from Jonathan. The re-equipping of our military is from Jonathan. The improvement in electricity is a Jonathan legacy. On the other hand, the major policies enunciated in the APC election manifesto remain essentially pipe-dreams.

In spite of APC propaganda, Jonathan’s men keep matching on. Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina, Jonathan’s Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development is now President of the Africa Development Bank (AfDB). Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Jonathan’s Minister of Finance, and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, is now a Senior Adviser at Lazzard; a prestigious 167 year-old global investment firm. Arunma Otteh, Jonathan’s Director-General of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), is now a Vice-President of the World Bank.

To paraphrase Marc Antony of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar: “The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interrèd with their bones. So let it be with Jonathan. The noble APC hath told you Jonathan was clueless. If it were so, it was a grievous fault, and grievously hath Jonathan answered it.”

1) CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW ABUJA – KADUNA RAIL TRACK: President Jonathan’s administration has constructed the new world class infrastructural project; the Abuja-Kaduna Rail is ready. [WATCH VIDEO ON YOUTUBE)

2) OPERATION AQUILA: Operation Aquila under President Jonathan has helped reduce up to 20 million litters a day in PMS subsidy fraud by using technology to track the movement of petroleum around Nigeria.

3) DRY SEASON FADAMA FARMING: Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the release of N26 billion for the 2015 dry season farming in the country, the scheme was launched in 2012 and has provided thousands of jobs. According to Mr President, ”not only is food produced, we are now processing food. Food production is rising rapidly and thousands of jobs are being created for our young people.”

4) FIRST EVER N970 BILLION CUSTOMS REVENUE: Over Nine Hundred and Seventy Billion Naira (almost N1 trillion) was realised by the Nigeria Customs Service in 2014. The highest any custom regime has ever collected and declared in the history of Nigeria. This was against the eight hundred and thirty-three billion made in 2013.

5) N120 MILLION NAIRA GRANT TO YOUNG FARMERS: One hundred and twenty two million naira grant has been disbursed to twenty seven young farmers, under the Youth Employment Agricultural Programme, YEAP on 2015, according to The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adeshina.

6) DEVELOPMENT OF A SATELLITE FOR SECURITY AND MINERAL DEPOSIT: National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) is developing an indigenous Synthetic Aperture Radar Satellite which will be helpful in the area of security, mapping out our solid minerals deposit and, also to monitor the coastal areas of Niger Delta.

7) ZERO CASE OF POLIO SINCE JULY 2014: Nigeria has not reported any case of wild polio virus (type one), since the last case was reported last July 2014 in Kano State as revelled at the Expert Review Committee meeting in Abuja.

cool WOMEN EMPOWERMENT & ICT; 2,000 WOMEN TRAINED UNDER G-WIN: 2,000 Women have been trained in ICT under the scheme G-WIN-by Minister of of women Affairs and Social Development – Hajiya Zainab Maina. PROPOSALS/ PLANS; The Nigerian government has unveiled a new Information and Communication Technology, ICT, paradigm for women. It would lead to a greater number of women and youths having unhindered access to IT knowledge for wealth creation and improvement of their socio-economic well-being.The process will provide available infrastructure for women and youths to have easy and strategic access to e-commerce, e-government, e-education and e-society, infrastructure .
200(1) Abuja kaduna rail track

9) CONSTRUCTION OF DAMS: The Kashimbilla/Gamovodam is part of the over thirty dams that have been constructed in this administration. Fed Govt has constructed dams to boost water supply across the country – by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe.

10) SOKOTO- YAURI- KONTAGORA ROAD: The Federal Government said has awarded contract for reconstruction of the 655-kilometre Sokoto-Yauri-Kontagora road.

11) GREAT GREEN WALL PROJECT: Curtailing decertification under the Great Green Wall Project (GGW) launched in Kebbi State by Mr President.

12) GRAINS SILO: Construction of 100metric tons of Grain Silos in Kebbi State.

13) REVIVAL OF COTTON INDUSTRY IN ZAMFARA STATE: Fed Govt. has resuscitated the moribund cotton industry in Gasau in Zamfara State. Fed Govt has built 15 ginneries in the State, the grinneries can hold up to 2,000 tons of cotton.

14) N320 BILLION RICE ECONOMY: Local rice production contributed 320 Billion Naira to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country in 2014 – the Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).

15) RICE PRODUCTION 760,000 JOBS CREATED: Rice production has created 760,00 jobs, according to the Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )

16) FIRST EVER 2.9 MILLION METRIC TONS OF RICE PRODUCTION 2013: Based on the 2013 production of 1.9 Million Metric Tons of rice, the projected production for the 2013 farming season is expected to be about 2.9 Million Metric Tons of high quality rice milled from local sources. 202) Nigeria produces over 9m, making us 85% rice sufficientIn 2009, Nigeria was producing below 5 million tonnes of rice, today we are 85% rice sufficient. ?We are going to be the Thailand of Africa?. Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).

17) ESTABLISHMENT OF 13 NEW RICE MILLS: Miva Rice Mill is in Benue State, it is one of the thirteen rice mills that have been established under this administration. Before the launch of the Agricultural Transformational Agenda (ATA) in 2011, only one integrated rice mill was functioning in the whole of the country With the recent establishment of the 60,000 Ton Olam Farm due to be commissioned in June,2014, this will bring to 13, the number of local rice mills so far established by this administration. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).

18) ESTABLISHMENT OF GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SUPPORT SCHEME: This has ensured that rice is not just harvested but is also milled in Nigeria and sold directly to Nigerian consumers. Thus, it can be seen that the Federal Government under the leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan has been putting in place both policies and the enabling environment for the production of small, medium, and large-scale production of rice. This falls directly under the purview of the Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GES) for the increase of value chain in the rice producing area of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).

19) N25.32 BILLION LOAN TO FARMERS: Again, the Federal Government has come to the rescue, by providing access to funds, grants, loans and other assistance notably through the Bank of Industry (BOI) which was recently given a grant of N25.32 Billion for 986 enterprises to offset its expenditure, service farmers and industries with loan facilities, all in a bid to boost rice production. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info).

20) THE FIRST EVER AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT HIRING SERVICES (AEHE): Local farmers can obtain mechanised services through a scheme by the Fed Govt called the Agricultural Equipment Hiring Services (AEHE) for planting, weeding and harvesting. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )

21) NIGERIA’S GAS SUPPLY HITS 2 BILLION CUBIC FEET PER DAY: The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says Nigeria has grown its gas supply market from 300 million to two billion cubic feet per day (cfpd).The Group Executive Director, Gas and Power, NNPC, Dr. David Ige, stated this in an interview with newsmen in Abuja. Ige attributed the achievement to successful implementation of the Nigeria Gas Master Plan by the Government of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. (source Voice of Nigeria)

22) NIGERIA ONE OF THE LARGEST PRODUCERS OF FERTILISER: Nigeria’s growth in her gas supply market from 300 million to two billion cubic feet per day (cfpd), has already positioned Nigeria to be the largest producer of fertiliser by 2018 and a major exporter.
SURE-P & ROAD CONSTRUCTION:

23) ROAD CONSTRUCTION- DUALIZATION: Dualization of five (5) key arterial roads – Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Highway.

24) DUALIZATION: Kano-Maiduguri Highway,

25) RECONSTRUCTION AND DULAIZATION: Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway.

26) RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Benin-Ore-Shagamu Expressway.

27) RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Lagos-Shagamu-Ibadan Expressway.

28) CONSTRUCTION OF BRIDGES: The new Loko-Oweto Bridge over River Benue linking Nasarawa and Benue States.

29) CONSTRUCTION OF BRIDGES: The Second Niger Bridge in Onitsha/Asaba linking Anambra and Delta States.

30) COMPLETION OF 62 ROADS ACROSS THE NATION: Oturkpo-Oweto Road (Section in Benue State
31) Completion of Otukpa-Ayangba-Ajaokuta-Okene Road in Kogi State

32) Completion of Ningi-Yadagumgume-Fuskar Mata Road (Phase II) in Bauchi State

33) Completion of Yana-Shira-Azare Road in Bauchi State

34) Completion of Wukari-Takum Road in Taraba State

35) Completion of Benin-Ofosu Expressway in Edo States

36) Completion of Enugu-Abakaliki Road in Enugu/Ebonyi States

37) Completion of Ogoja Junction-Ikom Road in Cross River State

38) Completion of Ado-Ilumoba-Agbado-Ikare Road in Ekiti State

39) Completion of the Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin road section I (Ibadan – Oyo) in Oyo State.

40) Completion of the Reconstruction of Vom-Manchok road in Plateau State.

41) Completion of the Repairs of 3rd Mainland Bridge (Phase II), covering additional works for the replacement of 8Nos. Expansion Joints in Lagos State.

42) Completion of the Dualization of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Section I) and Onitsha Eastern Bypass, in Anambra State.

43) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Uba-Mbalala road in Borno State.

44) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto road (Section II: Gusau-Talata Mafara) in Zamfara and Sokoto States.

45) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Obiozora-Uburu-Ishiagu Road in Enugu and Ebonyi States.

46) Completion of the Access Road to Kaduna Refinery in Kaduna State.

47) Completion of the Construction/Rehabilitation of Gbogan-Iwo road in Oyo State.

48) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Owerri-Aba Road in Imo and Abia States.

49) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Katsina-Daura road in Katsina State.

50) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Ijebu Igbo-Ajegunle- Araromi-Ife-Sekona Road (Section II), in Ogun State.

51) Emergency reinstatement of collapsed section of Gombe-Potiskum Road, (at Km 12) in Gombe State.

52) Rehabilitation of road Spur from Onitsha-Owerri road to Okija-Ihembosi-Afor Ukpor-Ebenator-Ezenifite in Anambra State.

53) Construction of 15km Interstate road from Aiyegunle-Akoko Edo in Ondo and Edo States.

54) Completion of the Rehabilitation of access roads to Warri Refinery in Delta State.

55) Completion of the Dualization of Access Road to Onne Port in Rivers State.

56) Construction of Gombe-Bypass in Gombe State.

57) Rehabilitation of Odo Oba-Takie-Gambari-Otte-Oyo State border along Ibadan-Oyo Ogbomosho-Ilorin road in Oyo State.

58) Emergency Reinstatement of collapsed section of Wukari-Mutum Biyu road in Taraba State.

59) Reinstatement of Washouts at km6+750, km30+400 and km35+325 along Onitsha-Enugu dual carriageway in Anambra and Enugu States.

60) Emergency reinstatement of Washout/Gully erosion at KM127+000 at Auchi along Okene-Benin road and Km14+000 along Auchi-Agenebode road in Edo State.
61) Construction of Langtang-Lalin-Tunkus-Shendam Road in Plateau State.

Wait for part 2
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by amazingspiderma: 7:02pm On May 18, 2017
MedicMan1role1:
Young man.

He is power hungry alright, but his reign has made Zimbabwe one of the most self sufficient country in Africa, despite all the embargoes, bad media and suppression by the west.
You are just following the western narrative. Zimbabweans do not need money, and this has made the state the most crime free oasis in Africa. What is there to steal? i was in Zimbabwe and I marvelled. Very simple life and the people very happy and communal. Real African paradise.

The west don't like him cos he kicked them in the arse off their lands , so they have been sabotaging him economically and funding oppositions against him.

Robert Mugabe is tough, Africas greatest Black president. He has always secured his power democratically .. If we had more leaders like him in Africa, Africa won't be getting raped in the arse by western corporations.

Quote me when u have attained his age and still can articulate

Really!!!
Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by noziz(m): 8:58pm On May 18, 2017
ademasta:

Abi....children are the leaders of tomorrow.
Mind you, tomorrow no gree reach o

no be joke o

1 Like

Re: List Of African Presidents And Their Ages As At 2016 by ademasta(m): 9:04pm On May 18, 2017
I dey tell u
noziz:

no be joke o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ize-lyamu, Oshiomole In Igueben-Uromi For APC Campaign [Photos] / Soludo: Peter Obi Knows That He Can’t And Won’t Win / Islamic Cleric Does The Buhari 4+4 While Leading Prayer At APC Rally In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.