Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Dv 2010 Lottery: I Need Your Advice. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv 2010 Lottery: I Need Your Advice. (725 Views)

Dv 2011 American Lottery Results Finally Out / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! / Visa Lottery Results Are Out (DV 2010 Status Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dv 2010 Lottery: I Need Your Advice. by GLOBALX: 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am a regular reader of this forum and i really must say you guys are doing a great job.I will like to seek your advice as regard my present visa situation here in Finland where i study and reside.I was selected as one of the winner of america dv lottery 2010.i actually applied for my visa at the american embassy here in helsinki.
I´ve been invited for several interviews at least 3 times and faced with all manner of questions which of course i was able to answer correctly to the best of my knowledge.

During my last interview,the consular asked several questions concerning whom i will stay with as stated on the form i submitted,the questions were extreme and i was´nt sure of why he would only centre on this.

However,he asked me to forward the phone number of this person to the official email but alas,the number with me has refused to get through and i haven't been able to speak with the person lately(It keeps saying number not in use check the number and dial again) .i do not have her email and all effort to contact her recently has been fruitless.I became worried but i sent the number to the embassy like that but informed them that i suspect a problem must have occurred with the number.In the email i sent to the embassy,i informed them that if the contact will pose any delay asper the issuance of my visa or as regards any investigation to ascertain that i will be homed in the state,i included my uncle name and location in the email as another option which i have.

Now,my grey area is that will the embassy consider the new option i gave(my uncle) since he was´nt on the form i submitted originally, will the embassy not conclude may be something is fishy and that i gave a wrong phone number intentionally (the number i gave was the real number i had, ´have got nothing to hide).

Will the new contact be seen as an alteration of the original information i gave to them.

However,i became worried because the consular asked me almost 3 times if i paid the person asper her address and as regard the fact that she will accommodate me.(She is a distant family friend)

He also checked my passport,saw have been denied b4 for a student visa to uk (2ice) wil this have any effect.

- I really would like to know if i still stand a chance of getting the visa.I am a student here in Finland but would love to have the DV visa for future purposes.

- In case anything happens,do i have the right by law to protest the decision?

Thanks in anticipation of a reasonable response.
Re: Dv 2010 Lottery: I Need Your Advice. by tobidaflava(m): 8:00am On Jan 13, 2010
is the result out?
Re: Dv 2010 Lottery: I Need Your Advice. by switchmax8: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2010
Guy,
you made a mistake why not give them your uncle's number at the initial stage with the label on nigeria now as on of the countries that habour terrorist you might lose the lottery though i would suggest you go to the embassy and ask for change of address of whom you intend to stay with i think that will help

(1) (Reply)

Special Message To The Administrator: Pls Read All Nlders! / Authentic Travelling Agents Needed Urgently! / Getting Arrested For Driving On One-way Roads In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.