Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. (3303 Views)

APC Replies Davido's Father Deji Adeleke's Claim Of Osun Election Being Rigged / Workers Boo, Shame Amosun Over Hostile Policies / Urhobo Indigens Hold Ipob Meeting In Support Of Kanu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 6:48am On May 17, 2017
First of all, let me start by saying that anybody that who says this is very much not enlightened and may have not travelled out of southwest to any other region in Nigeria before, I will give you a list (to show you that yorubas are particularly enormous in the east)

1. First of all, my Project supervisor was a Yoruba man, Dr. Shola Omodamiro from osun state, he's now the HOD of biochemistry Department of MOUAU, do you think if igbos were hostile, they will allow him assume the position of HOD? It's rare for you to see such in other region. Please kindly comfirm this name on google.

2. There are lot of streets named after Yoruba people in southeast, an example is adelabu street in umuahia and adeshina street in Enugu, if Igbos were not accommodating, they won't allow it.

List loading....

4 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Nobody: 6:52am On May 17, 2017
baseless thread

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 7:02am On May 17, 2017
3. Businesses by Yoruba's in south East, they are here making there money, you are on nairaland trolling.

Adewale Samuel onigilaje is the director of alphadrugs LImited Onitsha, he's doing well.

Lawal adewale is a manager at Onitsha mall and you think Igbos are hostile.

The phone engineer at slot Enugu is a Yoruba guy, anybody should confirm this.

Many more business are done by yorubas on the east.

4 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by BabaRamota1980: 7:05am On May 17, 2017
My friend go and mecheonu! angry

Anytime yonminrin mention Adewale i know say na fabricated lie.

3 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 7:11am On May 17, 2017
4. In IMO state, there's a special adviser to the governor on Yoruba affairs and and oba of Yoruba community in IMO state, their names are kehinde Sunday amodi and oba adeyemi (I think)

The name of the Yoruba monarch in abia state is Alhaji adebayo Azeez, he's the leader of the Yoruba community in abia

In Enugu state, the leader of Yoruba community is Mr Ade Johnson Adeyelu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by bakynes(m): 7:19am On May 17, 2017
You are just making excuses for the Igbos hostile nature, nobody is saying there are No Yoruba's at all in the East. We are asking you what Local govt in the East will you find other Nigerian tribes dominate? . There are just a few Yoruba's scattered all over the SE they do not have the numbers to form a community.

I am aware you guys don't sell Lands to other Nigerian tribes except they get approval through the state govt.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 7:20am On May 17, 2017
Oyeeyinka is my Friend, he attended Michael okpara university of agriculture, umudike and he lives in Onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Nobody: 7:24am On May 17, 2017
Good riddance to bad rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Nobody: 7:24am On May 17, 2017
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 7:24am On May 17, 2017
Femi was my friend in school, he lives in umuahia

1 Like

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 7:27am On May 17, 2017
Another of my friend in school then

1 Like

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 7:29am On May 17, 2017
I wonder how they all got admitted if igbos were hostile people.

1 Like

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by patrick89(m): 7:31am On May 17, 2017
They're here in their numbers, just go to any bustop now and see them trooping in their numbers, don't take them serious here, East is a huge construction site and the labourers are from southwest, they're many.. come to awka for example, Odogwu awka precisely is filled with yorubas, benue and kogi people, in evening they'll over dress to look appealing while they speak their dialects, they've overpopulated the entire work force of the south east..the lazy ones are the ones hanging inside their worn out lace clothes used in previous owambe, writing gibberish online. pay deaf ears to them..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by patrick89(m): 7:38am On May 17, 2017
[quote author=bakynes post=56595103]You are just making excuses for the Igbos hostile nature, nobody is saying there are No Yoruba's at all in the East. We are asking you what Local govt in the East will you find other Nigerian tribes dominate? . There are just a few Yoruba's scattered all over the SE they do not have the numbers to form a community.

I am aware you guys don't sell Lands to other Nigerian tribes except they get approval through the state govt.[/quote ]poor you! mention one group in igboland that harass non indigene like area boys!
As for land, you lied, you are a pure liar, I know an Indian man that owns a house in Anambra state. He has been living there for years. I know many alhajis that own lands in Anambra state. keep sucking your lies. In the villages, they don't sell lands easily because most of them are coowned by kindred

6 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Omofunaab2: 8:05am On May 17, 2017
Just a handful of them ...compared to what we have here

3 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Tarnisis(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2017
OP If truly you are Igbo don't create this kind of thread again, you don't have to explain to anyone

6 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by FakoMaybach1: 8:26am On May 17, 2017
It is only an idiot that will say Igbos are hostile to visitors....We have "Ama Hausa" in douglas imo state dominated by Hausas.
The trado medical field is dominated by Yorubas due to their wide knowledge of herbs and of course their fetish nature.
It has never been recorded that irate youth attacked any foreign investment in the south east, we know how to settle and iron out issues without acting the fool.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:27am On May 17, 2017
Tarnisis:
OP If truly you are Igbo don't create this kind of thread again, you don't have to explain to anyone

4 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Funlord2(m): 8:29am On May 17, 2017
legislatively:
First of all, let me start by saying that anybody that who says this is very much not enlightened and may have not travelled out of southwest to any other region in Nigeria before, I will give you a list (to show you that yorubas are particularly enormous in the east)

1. First of all, my Project supervisor was a Yoruba man, Dr. Shola Omodamiro from osun state, he's now the HOD of biochemistry Department of MOUAU, do you think if igbos were hostile, they will allow him assume the position of HOD? It's rare for you to see such in other region. Please kindly comfirm this name on google.

2. There are lot of streets named after Yoruba people in southeast, an example is adelabu street in umuahia and adeshina street in Enugu, if Igbos were not accommodating, they won't allow it.

List loading....

My alobam...go and have breakfast abeg!

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 8:32am On May 17, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Just a handful of them ...compared to what we have here
it's a lie, they are numerous. Everywhere selling agbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by maclatunji: 8:36am On May 17, 2017
Tribalism has been allowed to fester on Nairaland up to the point that any young person that makes it their main source of information will have many distorted views of Nigeria in particular and the world in general.

The OP is right, there are Yorubas and other tribes in the East but by far, the Southwest and North have greater number of Nigerians from other regions inhabiting their regions.

7 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Nkem4040: 8:45am On May 17, 2017
It was an Afonja that opened that thread as always to hate on Igbos.

6 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by legislatively: 8:57am On May 17, 2017
maclatunji:
Tribalism has been allowed to fester on Nairaland up to the point that any young person that makes it their main source of information will have many distorted views of Nigeria in particular and the world in general.

The OP is right, there are Yorubas and other tribes in the East but by far, the Southwest and North have greater number of Nigerians from other regions inhabiting their regions.
yes, and when u say southwest, you meant Lagos. A city like Onitsha will easily hold more non- indigens than Abeokuta and akure cos of her commercial nature

3 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Exzeebeat: 10:10am On May 17, 2017
bakynes:
You are just making excuses for the Igbos hostile nature, nobody is saying there are No Yoruba's at all in the East. We are asking you what Local govt in the East will you find other Nigerian tribes dominate? . There are just a few Yoruba's scattered all over the SE they do not have the numbers to form a community.

I am aware you guys don't sell Lands to other Nigerian tribes except they get approval through the state govt.

Hostile ko, hostile ni

Folks like you have probably never crossed your region so you feed off garbage from pained fellows.

Now let me school you a bit... Now grab a chair and sit down

Question: Why do people move from one place to another (Nigeria in context)?
Answer: They do so for many reasons but mainly due to trade and commerce, affordable cost of living, comfort, job etc

When you find people of other extraction moving to a different enclave then one of the factors mentioned above may be the reason. There are a lot of Hausas in Igboland, they are probably the tribe with the highest population in Igboland outside the natives and it is majorly a unique trade that brings them to the east which is livestock trade. They live together in large numbers and even form an Hausa community in every state they find themselves.
I don't know the Hausas to be people who come into another state and aquire lands, their artisans and traders hardly even rent apartments from the host communities, they prefer to live in the Hausa community or sleep in the Mosque.

Apart from livestock business where the Hausas are undisputed dominants, the Igbos are involved in any other form of trade, business or services that is needed in the south east and trust me the Igbos are always very good at what they do so its easy to get intimidated by their audacity in business. Like someone rightly observed, the south east is like a major construction zone now and most of the skilled labourers are from the south west, we even prefer to use them instead of the Igbos. Just yesterday I drove to a building site in Enugu where I saw some lovely south african brick job, I enquired about the person who did the job cos I wanted to do a similar job in my ongoing building project, guess what, it was Tunde that was the tiler for the gigantic mansion.

I don't know where you and some uninformed bunch get this information about Igbos not selling lands not non-igbos, this is very comical. Again let me try to explain; I have just described the nature of the Hausas and how that they do not really buy and develop lands outside their place, this is not just in SE but everywhere else including Lagos.
In some SE states, the average price of a plot of land in the city metro is between N10m - N50m to get cheaper lands, you have to go further into the hinterlands and in some states you cant get less than N5m. An average Yoruba man will tell you that he will buy 10 acres of land in Oshobgo with that amount of money but the Igbos are buying it at that rate in the SE and every other region. I was in Abuja earlier this month and I was amazed at what I saw. So bro, come to Enugu or Owerri with not less than N10m and see if you will not be given a land.

Regardless of all I mentioned, there are Yorubas and other tribes living happily in the SE, some even do not want to leave.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by bakynes(m): 10:20am On May 17, 2017
Exzeebeat:

Hostile ko, hostile ni

Folks like you have probably never crossed your region so you feed off garbage from pained fellows.

Now let me school you a bit... Now grab a chair and sit down

Question: Why do people move from one place to another (Nigeria in context)?
Answer: They do so for many reasons but mainly due to trade and commerce, affordable cost of living, comfort, job etc

When you find people of other extraction moving to a different enclave then one of the factors mentioned above may be the reason. There are a lot of Hausas in Igboland, they are probably the tribe with the highest population in Igboland outside the natives and it is majorly a unique trade that brings them to the east which is livestock trade. They live together in large numbers and even form an Hausa community in every state they find themselves.
I don't know the Hausas to be people who come into another state and aquire lands, their artisans and traders hardly even rent apartments from the host communities, they prefer to live in the Hausa community or sleep in the Mosque.

Apart from livestock business where the Hausas are undisputed dominants, the Igbos are involved in any other form of trade, business or services that is needed in the south east and trust me the Igbos are always very good at what they do so its easy to get intimidated by their audacity in business. Like someone rightly observed, the south east is like a major construction zone now and most of the skilled labourers are from the south west, we even prefer to use them instead of the Igbos. Just yesterday I drove to a building site in Enugu where I saw some lovely south african brick job, I enquired about the person who did the job cos I wanted to do a similar job in my ongoing building project, guess what, it was Tunde that was the tiler for the gigantic mansion.

I don't know where you and some uninformed bunch get this information about Igbos not selling lands not non-igbos, this is very comical. Again let me try to explain; I have just described the nature of the Hausas and how that they do not really buy and develop lands outside their place, this is not just in SE but everywhere else including Lagos.
In some SE states, the average price of a plot of land in the city metro is between N10m - N50m to get cheaper lands, you have to go further into the hinterlands and in some states you cant get less than N5m. An average Yoruba man will tell you that he will buy 10 acres of land in Oshobgo with that amount of money but the Igbos are buying it at that rate in the SE and every other region. I was in Abuja earlier this month and I was amazed at what I saw. So bro, come to Enugu or Owerri with not less than N10m and see if you will not be given a land.

Regardless of all I mentioned, there are Yorubas and other tribes living happily in the SE, some even do not want to leave.
Be deceiving yourself, so all igbo lands cost above 10million naira. I bow for your lies, you be expert in lies.
Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by izombie(m): 10:27am On May 17, 2017
bakynes:

what do you mean by dominate? Igbos sell lands to anyone. In my village for example, we have yoruba landowners. Have you personally ever been to south east? You people just fabricate stories just to please yourselves. Igbos don't tell other tribes in the east to go back to their states or discriminate against any tribe in the east. If you can compete with the igbos in the east, come to the east, its very simple. Stop fabricating stories.

6 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by Exzeebeat: 10:30am On May 17, 2017
bakynes:

Be deceiving yourself, so all igbo lands cost above 10million naira. I bow for your lies, you be expert in lies.
Do you need a pair of glasses? like you didn't see where I said that is the price in the city metro. You cannot and I repeat CANNOT get a plot of land cheaper than N10m in Enugu town. You can get cheaper rates like N5m and above just off the main town, this is also the case in Owerri though Enugu is more priced at the moment but both cities are a mega construction zone at the moment.
Like they say "landlord travel and see"

5 Likes

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by capatainrambo: 10:31am On May 17, 2017
xstry:
baseless thread
so says the tribalist
Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by hornyofife: 1:25pm On May 17, 2017
I have stop minding some of these yoruba idiots,

back in my undergrad days, i use to have a friend whose Dad is a professor in Obafemi Awolowo university, ile ife and the present Vice chancellor of a private university in the southwest. His elder sister school in Imo state university (IMSU) . The day he told me, i almost didn't believe him until i met her and she told me stories of her experience in Owerri.

Roadtobi In owerri is a yoruba quarters, there is a popular yoruba plaza there(cant remember the name).

Presently, a senior colleague of mine grew up in owerri. Her dad was a medical doctor at The federal medical center(FMC) Owerri,she schooled in Madonna primary school owerri,FGGC owerri and then madonna university elele and she speaks igbo better than yoruba. infact her yorubas is like 10% and she likes igbos more than here people. she sees her people as hypocrites and cant deal with them. Her biggest wish is to marry an igbo

whosoever knows mbari road in owerri very well, just after crunchies, there is a popular Baba Taiwo who is a tailor and has been there ever since i was small when we use to go visit my aunt who own a property there. My aunt intoduced my mum to him because he is a good tailor who makes male cloths. i and my siblings call him Baba Ekiti because he is from Ekiti and he is always excited seeing us, because we always speak yoruba to him.

In Iho village, just at amawozuzu junction, there is tunde a vulcanizer who came to owerri as an apprentice in 1999 and has since been living in iho. the last time i saw him, he told me he has bought a land in Iho and he is married to an indigene.

the picture below is in Enugu, i wonder who sold that land to him and for him to have a street name after him means he was the first person to own a property there before others moved in.

so i just laugh at the hypocrisy of some yorubas who dont go out and sit in their homes and accuse igbos as not being accommodating. if we are not accommodating, how come the hausa/fulani, ibibio,efik,igala,idomas,ijaws and other tribes in our mist have remain there ever since?some of there were born there and can speak igbo fluently..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by MbeNwaniga: 1:42pm On May 17, 2017
legislatively:

List loading....

In my department, in my first year Mr Babaola lectured us, in my 2 final years, One Mr Siji Adeniyi taught us too, infact Mr Siji was my project supervisor too, so I wonder where they got the claims from.

1 Like

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by MbeNwaniga: 1:50pm On May 17, 2017
Nobody should forget the number of AkwaIbom settlements in Aba, some of them opted to go back to Akwa Ibom, while the others stayed back and are integrated into the communities, there is a place in Aba we refer as Ama Mmong, a large community of Akwa Ibomites and Cross Riverians.

1 Like

Re: The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. by MXrep: 2:26pm On May 17, 2017
Kano is hostile to non muslims yet Igbos outnumbers yorubas by a very wide margin despite yorubas being 50% Muslims. Yorubas are just unambitious and looking for flimsy excuses

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Biafrans To Come Back Home / BREAKING: President Buhari To Return To UK As He’s Unable To Sit And Talk / BREAKING!! Chief Nnia Nwodo Storms London, Remembers Biafra Fallen Heroes (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.