Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Apollo And Artemis Earrings Sold For World Record $57.4m - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Apollo And Artemis Earrings Sold For World Record $57.4m (413 Views)

Huge Python Killed In Otukpo Market, To Be Sold For N15,000 (Photos) / Python Killed In My Compound, Sold For N1000 Today / Africa To Get $57 Billion From World Bank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apollo And Artemis Earrings Sold For World Record $57.4m by Hillarie(m): 7:32am On May 17, 2017
A pair of diamond earrings have been sold at auction in Geneva for a record-breaking price of $57.4m (£44.4m). The pear-shaped jewels, nicknamed Apollo and Artemis, are almost 16 carats each. The flawless stones mined in South Africa are perfectly matched except for their colour - Artemis is pink, and Apollo is blue. Sotheby's chief auctioneer David Bennet said that coloured diamonds are extremely rare "show stoppers". "These are in their own right extraordinarily rare stones, but taken together they are unprecedented, they are absolutely stunning," he said. The earrings were bought by an anonymous buyer, media reports say, but will be kept as a pair. Apollo and Artemis differ in one crucial area - their respective prices. Apollo sold for $42.5m while Artemis went for $15.5m.

Re: Apollo And Artemis Earrings Sold For World Record $57.4m by NeeKlaus: 7:41am On May 17, 2017
So somebody will just put $57million on her ears and I don't have up to #1000 in my stomach??

I am not understanding.
Re: Apollo And Artemis Earrings Sold For World Record $57.4m by Nobody: 7:56am On May 17, 2017
A pair of ear ring? $57Million.
Lord, where is your face?!
Re: Apollo And Artemis Earrings Sold For World Record $57.4m by IdeyFindWife: 8:16am On May 17, 2017
NeeKlaus:
So somebody will just put $57million on her ears and I don't have up to #1000 in my stomach??

I am not understanding.

Haba, are you not Neeklaus? The same one from the "ORIGINALS" TV Series?

With all Your superpowers? & speed? Abeg, once you see that somebody wearing such, just collect it nah? Don't blow any whistle. Just grab it.

And see Nna, I will be waiting for my share. Am now officially ur friend grin!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is 2 Weeks Pregnant, I Asked Her To Keep It But She Wants Abortion / A Female Student Of LASPOTECH Commits Suicide By Drinking 'sniper' / Have You Ever Tasted A Food Or Snack And Could Not Drop Until You Finished It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.