Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? (2080 Views)

2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Lady Mocks Women Who Think Attachment Is A Sin But Use Wool To Make Their Hair / Men Of God Whose Prophecies Failed In The Year 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 1:29pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Name the ones you know.

I can't just start mentioning names of people . The point is that your supposition is false . Others have also said that they know pastors who don't live flamboyant lives and those who were rich before beginning a ministry .

Adeboye has a private jet, doesn't he?

I don't know . You prove it .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 1:41pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:

Below is my answer. So is it bad I decided to get a contrary view? You kinda made it seem like it's bad from the way you sound before.

And how did you come about this answer? Hearsay. Should any reasonable person be judging a matter based on hearsay? Is that not the height of joblessness?

I keep hearing stupid comments like the men of God are enriching themselves on "our tithe" "our offerings" "our seeds". Once the tithe leaves my hand is it still mine? Can I give you a gift and still ask you produce the gift later? Is that maturity? Isn't that pettiness that borders on poverty mentality? The scripture is very clear on giving. It's a choice. No one forces you to.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 2:08pm On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
And how did you come about this answer? Hearsay. Should any reasonable person be judging a matter based on hearsay? Is that not the height of joblessness?
Isn't that why I opened to this? I wonder why you're so aggrieved?

I keep hearing stupid comments like the men of God are enriching themselves on "our tithe" "our offerings" "our seeds". Once the tithe leaves my hand is it still mine? Can I give you a gift and still ask you produce the gift later? Is that maturity? Isn't that pettiness that borders on poverty mentality? The scripture is very clear on giving. It's a choice. No one forces you to.
Em, the scripture didn't script tithes, offering and sowing seed as 'gifts' did it?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 2:13pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

I can't just start mentioning names of people . The point is that your supposition is false . Others have also said that they know pastors who don't live flamboyant lives and those who were rich before beginning a ministry.
That's why I asked you to name names, which you haven't, so how can my supposition be wrong when you've not given me names of men of God who were rich before they heed the call of God?

I don't know . You prove it .
http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/15/pastor-adeboye-buys-brand-new-65-million-gulfstream-jet-starts-luxury-airline

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/16/pastor-adeboye-brands-new-65m-jet-with-his-name-photos/
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:17pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
That's why I asked you to name names, which you haven't, so how can my supposition be wrong when you've not given me names of men of God who were rich before they heed the call of God?

Even if I call their names you wouldn't know them so what's the point ? Are you going to visit them one by one to investigate their personal lives ?

http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/15/pastor-adeboye-buys-brand-new-65-million-gulfstream-jet-starts-luxury-airline

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/16/pastor-adeboye-brands-new-65m-jet-with-his-name-photos/

Let's make this interesting . Name all the Nigerian pastors who own private jets , with evidence of course
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 2:22pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

Even if I call their names you wouldn't know them so what's the point ? Are you going to visit them one by one to investigate their personal lives?
I can run a quick search on them on google just to know them more. So, humour me.

Let's make this interesting . Name all the Nigerian pastors who own private jets , with evidence of course
You asked me to prove that Adeboye owns a private jet, I gave you links to prove it, now you're telling me to do something else?

I've already given you the proof you seek, so why this?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:26pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
I can run a quick search on them on google just to know them more. So, humour me.

I don't think you understand how search engines work grin . You don't google anyone and expect pertinent results like the person's private life and history . grin .

You asked me to prove that Adeboye owns a private jet, I gave you links to prove it, now you're telling me to do something else?

I've already given you the proof you seek, so why this?

You said you know many pastors who own private jets and drive flashy cars . And you ended up showing me Pastor Adeboye . Why not show me ALL of them ?
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 2:36pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

I don't think you understand how search engines work grin . You don't google anyone and expect pertinent results like the person's private life and history . grin.
Isn't that what is usually posted around the Web? So I suppose you know understand how search engines work and you have clear insight into the private lives of these men of God? Still, humour me.

You said you know many pastors who own private jets and drive flashy cars . And you ended up showing me Pastor Adeboye . Why not show me ALL of them ?
On the contrary, don't twist my words, you are the one who said you know men of God who don't live flamboyant life. I asked you to mention names, you nam Lazarus Mouka of the Lord chosen, Adeboye of Redeem and Kumuyi of Deeper Life. I called out adeboye saying he owns a private jet. You asked me to prove it, I did. So why twist my words?

See your comment below:

KingEbukaNaija:

I can't just start mentioning names of people . The point is that your supposition is false . Others have also said that they know pastors who don't live flamboyant lives and those who were rich before beginning a ministry .

I don't know . You prove it.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by jonbellion(m): 2:48pm On May 17, 2017
They make their money off milking the gullible flock dry and then start building infrastructures and institutions that the people who made them rich in the first place cant afford. That's why every tom dick and harry want to become pastors in a failed country like this cuz developed nations of the world wouldn't buy this BS as well as the gullible African sheepie
What a way to pay back wink
See one of the charlatans below

3 Likes

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 2:53pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Isn't that why I opened to this? I wonder why you're so aggrieved?

Em, the scripture didn't script tithes, offering and sowing seed as 'gifts' did it?
That which is given is a gift. However in the context I used the word "gift" to cite a general example that is related with.

Don't mind my lack of patience. I get that way when I see serious manifestations of Stupidity.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 2:54pm On May 17, 2017
AHCB:
Isn't that what is usually posted around the Web? So I suppose you know understand how search engines work and you have clear insight into the private lives of these men of God? Still, humour me.

So people's lives and histories are automatically on the internet ? You are actually doing the humoring , not me grin

On the contrary, don't twist my words, you are the one who said you know men of God who don't live flamboyant life. I asked you to mention names, you nam Lazarus Mouka of the Lord chosen, Adeboye of Redeem and Kumuyi of Deeper Life. I called out adeboye saying he owns a private jet. You asked me to prove it, I did. So why twist my words?

See your comment below:

Mister , I asked if the Pastors of the Lord's Chosen , Redeemed and Deep Life own private jets . I meant pastors not even GOs . You mentioned Adeboye and I asked you to prove it . I said I know pastors who live their lives moderately not that there are no pastors who live flamboyant lives .

I've now asked you to prove your claim : Many pastors own private jets and own flashy cars . Is your definition of 'many' 3, 4 or 5 out of thousands ?

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by gbegemaster(m): 2:57pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

So people's lives and histories are automatically on the internet ? You are actually doing the humoring , not me grin

Mister , I asked if the Pastors of the Lord's Chosen , Redeemed and Deep Life own private jets . I meant pastors not even GOs . You mentioned Adeboye and I asked you to prove it . I said I know pastors who live their lives moderately not that there are no pastors who live flamboyant lives .

I've now asked you to prove your claim : Many pastors own private jets and own flashy cars . Its your definition of many 3, 4 or 5 out of thousands ?
Hes just a clown. Was initially irritated but will allow him furnish us with his Internet facts and hearsay. Just to amuse myself. Note that he's an alternate moniker created for mischief and fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by KingEbukaNaija: 3:06pm On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
Hes just a clown. Was initially irritated but will allow him furnish us with his Internet facts and hearsay. Just to amuse myself. Note that he's an alternate moniker created for mischief and fun.

True that . grin

Well , let's wait for the comedian to provide evidence for his claims . grin
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 3:43pm On May 17, 2017
KingEbukaNaija:

Oh yea, what do you call what we read on social media that is, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram? Wikipedia and people's personal web-page? Imagine! Dude, you're making me laugh.

I've now asked you to prove your claim : Many pastors own private jets and own flashy cars . Is your definition of 'many' 3, 4 or 5 out of thousands ?
Pastors of the Chosen? Dude don't twist your own words? Did you not mention Adeboye? Or GO's aren't pastors anymore or GO is another realm of pastor or what exactly?

If you can give me the total number of pastors in Nigeria, I'll tell you those who live flamboyant lives.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 3:56pm On May 17, 2017
gbegemaster:
That which is given is a gift. However in the context I used the word "gift" to cite a general example that is related with.

Don't mind my lack of patience. I get that way when I see serious manifestations of Stupidity.
It's okay. I get that way too when it see obvious signs of one who is lobotomize and blotto with religion.

It's all good.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by Mizzile: 8:23pm On May 17, 2017
And they all lived happily ever after.

1 Like

Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 5:48pm On May 31, 2017
Mizzile:
And they all lived happily ever after.
Don't be too quick to celebrate. grin
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by Mizzile: 8:08pm On May 31, 2017
AHCB:
Don't be too quick to celebrate. grin

Cos u now know ehn? cheesy
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by AHCB: 8:12pm On May 31, 2017
Mizzile:

Cos u now know ehn? cheesy
I know nothing. grin
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by Mizzile: 8:14pm On May 31, 2017
AHCB:
I know nothing. grin
grin
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by OtemAtum: 10:30pm On May 31, 2017
First of all, there is nothing like men of God. God ALMIGHTY the creator of Yahweh, Allah, Atum, Vishnu etc doesn't have any one called his 'man'. However, some of those who have discovered that God Almighty is us decided to exploit many others who don't know that they are one with God Almighty.

So an atheist, a freethinker or a psychologist can wake up overnight to say that he or she is a man of God. Then he would be taken as what he said and the gullible sheep(christiand) will bless him with tithe and offering. Church business is the greatest investment on earth, but it is a bad philosophy(because it takes from the poor to enrich the rich). It is the philosophy of the dark age. The age of Aquarius is here where such nonsense would faze off for an era of brain-using and doing good to humanity.

DOCTUFOS: Observation of Rastus 8: 1-14
1. I have observed and known how a homo can make much wealth without much work. This is better done in the ways of religion. 2. Go now to the temples of the religious people and you shall see how they sell cheap things at costly prices. 3. In the temple of the Jews do they sell a holy dove for eighty shekels of silver. And a fold of shittim wood do they sell for two hundred shekels of silver. 4. And a curtain of linen do they sell for fifty-two shekel of silver, whose worth in the market is only twelve shekels. 5. But they have called it the holy curtain because they sell it in the temple. And the holiest among the holy curtains do they sell for a thousand shekel of silver. And these are bought only by the rich, who used them for their secret chambers, believing that they cannot be attacked by thieves whenever they are behind the curtains. 6. And a bottle of olive oil is sold for seventy shekels in the temple, saying that it is holy and anointed by God. 7. And the priests[pastors] grow fat upon the money of the poor. As they do in the temple of Furin and Dian, so also do they in the temple of the Jews. 8. In the church of the Krishtens also, they do so. For they buy and sell holy shadows of the apostles, deceiving themselves upon nothing . 9. And when they have deceived themselves, testifying of how they are cured of diseases which they have not been cured of, they come after the physicians, confessing their follies. 10. But the damages are already done, because many have believed in them already and have also neglected the ways of herbs for cure. 11. And they shall be worse before they shall think to go the way of the physicians. 12. Now this is my instruction to all in this generation and the generation to come; let not religion be mixed with health issues. 13. For when you are sick, go after the physicians immediately, rather than asking a god to cure you of your sickness. 14. Or else it shall be too late for you to be cured.
Re: How Do Men Of God Make Their Money? by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 31, 2017
By robbing the poor and working class off their money through various scams such as ;

1.Tithes
2.First fruits
3.Dominion seed
4.Golden seed
5.Pastors seed
6.Victory seed

Etc etc

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Listen To 'daddy Freeze' / Understanding Our Priesthood Over Creature / What Part Of Nigeria Has The Strongest Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.