Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,644 members, 7,861,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:28 AM

Photos: Aic Akwarandu (ugochineyere) Debate Competition Ends In Lagos As Abia - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photos: Aic Akwarandu (ugochineyere) Debate Competition Ends In Lagos As Abia (431 Views)

Kaduna Team Representing Nigeria Wins World Schools Debate Competition / Aic Akwarandu Foundation Holds 2nd Edition Of Mbaise Anglican Youths Debate Comp / Donate A Book Campaign: Aic Akwarandu Foundation Wrote: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Aic Akwarandu (ugochineyere) Debate Competition Ends In Lagos As Abia by RolandAkachukwu(m): 9:11am On May 17, 2017
The 4th edition of Ugochineyere Debating Contest has come and gone with Abia state University taking the lead position while Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State took the 2nd position, with Fedeal University, Oye Ekite, at the 3rd postion.

The event had 24 higher institutions across the country participating. All the 24 participants got their participation certificates and copies of short stories written by my fellow Alumnus, Ofmat Austus Nwanne.

Trophies where presented to the victorious higher institutions with the winner getting a cash donation of 50,000, while the 1st and 2nd runner-up got 30, 000 and 20, 000, respectively.

According to the convener of the Debating Competition Mr Aic Akwarandu, The competition would take a new turn next year as Cooperate entities have indicated interest to add bites to the Academic Exercise.

According to him; In addition, Mr. Emeka Oparah, Director cooperate communications, Airtel, has promised to air the 5th edition of the competition live on National television. He also promised to provide free internet Data services for 1 year, 6 months and 3 months for the first, second and third victorious candidates during the event.

The intellectually enriched debate competition focused on the topic "The Nigerian Youth, a Ticking Time Bomb?" with some of the participants speaking on the opposing side while others spoke in affirmative.

In a vote of thanks, the Convener thanked participants who graced the occasion.

"I sincerely appreciate you all on this plartform for your continuous support and overwhelming endorsements before, during and even after the event. My prayer is that the good Lord will provide men and women of honour, strength and goodwill who will stand by you in the time of need."

You can follow the page on Facebook AIC Akwarandu Foundation for the full details of the competition which will be published in the coming days.

Celebrities who attended the packed show includes Nollywood Giants, Zack Orji, Joke Sylva, and Airtel Director of Telecommunications Emeka Okpara etc.

Re: Photos: Aic Akwarandu (ugochineyere) Debate Competition Ends In Lagos As Abia by Nobody: 9:14am On May 17, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do Now With My 194 Utme Score? / Benchill Result / Chrisland Schools Come Out On Top In Lagos State Whole School Evaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.