Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed (453 Views)

Engineers In The House Please See If You Can Settle This Argument For Us / 23 Richest Engineers In The World And Course They Went Fo / Educational System In Osun State By Comfort (A Candid Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed by Thermodynamics(m): 10:15am On May 17, 2017
hello nairalanders, I am a 400l mechanical engineering student and I am currently on 6months industrial training, I have a chance of doing my IT in a company which repair and produce ATM card, I have concerns about it's correlation with my course of study because, the job description seems to favour those in IT field eg electrical, and computer engineering students. Any advice from experienced Engineers in the house ?
Re: Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed by Anfieldboss: 11:29am On May 17, 2017
Thermodynamics:
hello nairalanders, I am a 400l mechanical engineering student and I am currently on 6months industrial training, I have a chance of doing my IT in a company which repair and produce ATM card, I have concerns about it's correlation with my course of study because, the job description seems to favour those in IT field eg electrical, and computer engineering students. Any advice from experienced Engineers in the house ?

I'll advise you to have an open mind as an engineer. No experience is a waste. Mechanical engineers are in IT, it depends on your interests. The experience you'll gain will definitely help you in future.

1 Like

Re: Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed by Thermodynamics(m): 1:07pm On May 17, 2017
Anfieldboss:

I'll advise you to have an open mind as an engineer. No experience is a waste. Mechanical engineers are in IT, it depends on your interests. The experience you'll gain will definitely help you in future.

yes but considering my IT defence, I don't know how my lecturer will take it.
Re: Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed by Demmzy15(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2017
Thermodynamics:

yes but considering my IT defence, I don't know how my lecturer will take it.
They'll surely be a mechanical aspect in what you're currently doing. I'm also a 400lv Mechanical Engineering student on IT. The truth and fact of the matter is lecturers like it when you burst their brains.

For instance, last year I did my last IT in an automobile company, so during my defense I talked about a topic my lecturers almost had no knowledge about. I didn't talk about fuel filters, gear systems, injectors, etc but on OBD. As I was dropping everything for him, the questions he asked me wasn't for drilling me but for him to know more about the OBD. He had almost blank knowledge of this system. So when defending, give him topics he doesn't really have an idea

An ATM manufacturing company will consist of Mechatronics Systems(Computer, Elect/elect and Mechanical), so you'll surely gain something.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed by Thermodynamics(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2017
Demmzy15:
They'll surely be a mechanical aspect in what you're currently doing. I'm also a 400lv Mechanical Engineering student on IT. The truth and fact of the matter is lecturers like it when you burst their brains.

For instance, last year I did my last IT in an automobile company, so during my defense I talked about a topic my lecturers almost had no knowledge about. I didn't talk about fuel filters, gear systems, injectors, etc but on OBD. As I was dropping everything for him, the questions he asked me wasn't for drilling me but for him to know more about the OBD. He had almost blank knowledge of this system. So when defending, give him topics he doesn't really have an idea

An ATM manufacturing company will consist of Mechatronics Systems(Computer, Elect/elect and Mechanical), so you'll surely gain something.

True talk, really helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Experience Engineers In The House, Your Candid Opinion Is Needed by slye(m): 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
Thermodynamics:

True talk, really helpful.

Name of the firm please ?

(1) (Reply)

Tears Of Joy And Sadness AS NYSC Finally Reveal States Of Deployment For 17A-1 / Check Out The Cut-off Mark Of Your School Here / Letter To Nigerian Youths!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.