Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,047 members, 7,838,649 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa (1001 Views)

FUNNY Fifa World Cup Brazil Memes / Ronaldinho Gets His Boots Taken Away From Him From Raja Casablanca Players. / Satgurumaharajji " I Have Donated Afcon Cup To Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by 14(m): 11:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
What an opinion…

In the wake of the terrorist attack on the Togolese team before the start of the AFCON in Angola, I believe that FIFA would be fully justified in taking the WC away from South Africa and giving it to a civilized country like Australia or some other first-world country that has the requisite stadiums . . . like England perhaps.

Now, before you Yarpies start frothing at the mouth and stamping your feet in an indignant rage, yes, I am aware that this incident happened in Angola and not in South Africa but it did happen in Africa and don't delude yourseleves, you were not given the FIFA WC because you are such a wonderful country or because you have such a fine football team, you were given the WC because it was FIFA's stated ambition to host a WC on every continent and you were the best of a bad lot. You are representing your own country to some extent but it is Africa being represented more than anything and these Angolan separatist rebels are proving once again that African people are barbarians who have no respect for human life.

Whether it's separatist attacks in Angola, genocide in Rwanda, civil war in Liberia, human rights violations in Zimbabwe or rape and murder in South Africa, Africa is not a civilized continent and this latest incident is further proof that Africa is not ready to host a major tournament like the Olympic Games or a FIFA WC.

FIFA have made a huge blunder in giving an African country the WC to host and I'm not sure if it's too late to do anything about it. One thing is for sure, a lot of potential visitors to South Africa will be having second thoughts after the rebel attack on the Togolese team . . . because for all your whining about being different to the rest of Africa, the rest of the world doesn't see it that way and, if anything, South Africa is regarded as an even greater risk than somewhere like Angola because you are the rape and murder capital of the world . . . not to mention the cradle of AIDS.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
link?
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by GTay(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2010
wow shocked
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by RSA(m): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2010
I guess Africa will never be good enough
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Katsumoto: 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Why don't you provide a link?
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Iyineda(m): 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2010
1,2:

What an opinion…

In the wake of the terrorist attack on the Togolese team before the start of the AFCON in Angola, I believe that FIFA would be fully justified in taking the WC away from South Africa [size=14pt]and giving it to a civilized country[/size] like Australia or some other first-world country that has the requisite stadiums . . . like England perhaps.

There.

I stopped taking this post seriously the moment I read that. What can you say other than "he's just another ill-informed slowpoke"? undecided
I'm getting sick of this type of post-Cabinda attack comments. Even a French friend of mine expressed his concern about the WC being held in Africa. Yeah, because Africa is ONE big nation where everyone look alike, think alike and have the same issues. . .

I'm out.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2010
1,2:

What an opinion…

In the wake of the terrorist attack on the Togolese team before the start of the AFCON in Angola, I believe that FIFA would be fully justified in taking the WC away from South Africa and giving it to a civilized country like Australia or some other first-world country that has the requisite stadiums . . . like England perhaps.

Now, before you Yarpies start frothing at the mouth and stamping your feet in an indignant rage, yes, I am aware that this incident happened in Angola and not in South Africa but it did happen in Africa and don't delude yourseleves, you were not given the FIFA WC because you are such a wonderful country or because you have such a fine football team, you were given the WC because it was FIFA's stated ambition to host a WC on every continent and you were the best of a bad lot. You are representing your own country to some extent but it is Africa being represented more than anything and these Angolan separatist rebels are proving once again that African people are barbarians who have no respect for human life.

Whether it's separatist attacks in Angola, genocide in Rwanda, civil war in Liberia, human rights violations in Zimbabwe or despoil and murder in South Africa, Africa is not a civilized continent and this latest incident is further proof that Africa is not ready to host a major tournament like the Olympic Games or a FIFA WC.

FIFA have made a huge blunder in giving an African country the WC to host and I'm not sure if it's too late to do anything about it. One thing is for sure, a lot of potential visitors to South Africa will be having second thoughts after the rebel attack on the Togolese team . . . because for all your whining about being different to the rest of Africa, the rest of the world doesn't see it that way and, if anything, South Africa is regarded as an even greater risk than somewhere like Angola because you are the despoil and murder capital of the world . . . not to mention the cradle of AIDS.

But separatists attacks in Spain, Chechen rebels, IRA, Bosnian wars, numerous suicide attacks . . . have never been enough to prevent FIFA from giving WC hosting rights to Europe?
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Katsumoto: 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2010
davidylan:

But separatists attacks in Spain, Chechen rebels, IRA, Bosnian wars, numerous suicide attacks . . . have never been enough to prevent FIFA from giving WC hosting rights to Europe?

Not to mention the terrorists act committed in Atlanta 96; or was that in Africa as well? Or the murder of Isreali athletes at the Munich games in 1972.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Katsumoto: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2010
The poster is yet to provide a link or credit the quote to anyone. I think the quote is that of the OP and he is just gauging opinion.
If any racist person wants to have this argument, please come out and lets have this debate.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by 14(m): 12:10am On Jan 14, 2010
Katsumoto:

The poster is yet to provide a link or credit the quote to anyone. I think the quote is that of the OP and he is just gauging opinion.
If any racist person wants to have this argument, please come out and lets have this debate.

The author is a columnist at one of British Newspapers.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Iyineda(m): 12:37am On Jan 14, 2010
1,2:

The author is a columnist at one of[b] British Newspapers[/b].

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! A certified journalist trolling Africa like Yar Adua trolled the press? No waiii.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by 14(m): 12:40am On Jan 14, 2010
RSA:

I guess Africa will never be good enough

The Problem with Europians is that they don't want Africa to develope. We must always be the dark Continent where nothing good comes out from Africa. People are forgetting that this guys are there to report bad thing about AFrica, then its gonna be difficult for them to report about the good thing Soccer world cup that is taking place in Africa. They want to see this world cup fail. It would have proven apoint that they always raise that Africa will never produce some thing good. More especially the British press, they hate South Africa like they owe them something. They wish they were still in charge.

South Africa hosted Rugby World Cup in 1995 and Cricket World Cup in 2003, did you hear them talking about crime or whether the stadiums were not gonna be ready? Rugby World Cup was hosted at a difficult time for South Africa. The country was not stable. The country was too violent, crime was too high maybe 3 times higher compare to now.

Then it was Cricket in 2003, still no one was raising issues of crime and the country's capabililities. Why when its football the issue of crime comes along. Crime now is better than in 1995 and in 2003. I think its a racist statements that are coming from the western countries. They have convinced themselves that nothing good will ever come out of Africa. Then they are wrong. They know 120% that South Africa will deliver, they are just trying to course a fear to the Europians who are gonna decend on the southern tip of Africa. As i am writting here, there are 20 000 English cricket fans who came to watch England play against South Africa. Are they being killed, how many have died since they arrived 2 months ago. In July 40 000 British Lions fans decended in South Africa to come and watch British Lions Vs South Africa. How many killed during their 3 weeks stay? Not a single incedent.

Now some thing happened in Angola now South Africa has to explain. Thats unfair
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by RSA(m): 9:13am On Jan 14, 2010
This is a reason why Steven Bantu Biko words when he said 'BLACK MAN YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN' inspires me.For me it means as black people we should put our heads down and work our butts of for what we want and believe in.Your haters will talk and try to discourages you but you must never loose focus.
It's only a matter of time before Africa rises again,and the people who thought they where created superior are shaking in their pyjamas grin because they think we will kill all of them and despoil their daughters and wifes.

I think as Africans wherever you are,you should make it your project to do things that will benefit your house,street,neighborhood,suburb,town,city,province,state,country,region and your continent.We have all the knowledge,information,experience and wisdom to make Africa succsesful.Let it begin with you and me.Let's do it for ourself.

TIA movement.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by Mpele(m): 10:43am On Jan 14, 2010
I ask myself as to why are white people so obssesd with us! Everything we do they try to crush it. Why don't you hear them saying or doing this to the Asians! I'm starting to believe that we're somehow a threat to them. They know that we're good, they know that if we're given resources we can do it!

Personally I no longer take these things(whites) serious. They think that being pale and pink, they're better than everybody. We don't have any obssesion with them. These people are a bunch of confused, self educated fools who believe that the world belongs to them. I believe that they're the most barbaric people on the planet. If U look at WW I and WW II, then U will agree with me that, they're the most uncivilised group on the planet, they mame and killled each other in order to dominate, now is that not barbaric.

Blacks were living peaceful in Africa until they came and wrecked havoc! Is that not barbaric. They'll do anything just to sabotage the World Cup. The sad part is that the white media in South Africa are behind this! The whites here still can't believe as to how can blacks build such infrustructure and organise a such a big event. To them we're just a bunch of good for nothing HIV/AIDS ravaged criminals who's only hobby is making babies. To GOD be the glory, when we got democracy, the country was in a mess, but look at it now, of course we have -problems, crime and hiv, but that is what the Americans are a suffering from now, but its not an issue!

It is such a tratedgy to be an African as we have to do everything twice to prove our worth. But for a bunch of pink individuals who have a believe that they're God's children we're just like animals to them. GOD knows his real children!
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by RSA(m): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2010
^^^Amen Pastor,sori Mpele grin

I could feel the holy spirit coming down while reading the last paragraphs, ;DI started speaking in tongues grin

Shibababalala! grin
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by 14(m): 4:06am On Jan 15, 2010
RSA:

This is a reason why Steven Bantu Biko words when he said 'BLACK MAN YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN' inspires me.For me it means as black people we should put our heads down and work our butts of for what we want and believe in.Your haters will talk and try to discourages you but you must never loose focus.
It's only a matter of time before Africa rises again,and the people who thought they where created superior are shaking in their pyjamas grin because they think we will kill all of them and despoil their daughters and wifes.

I think as Africans wherever you are,you should make it your project to do things that will benefit your house,street,neighborhood,suburb,town,city,province,state,country,region and your continent.We have all the knowledge,information,experience and wisdom to make Africa succsesful.Let it begin with you and me.Let's do it for ourself.

TIA movement.

Spot on RSA, white man will never come to your rescue. We are on our own. They try to change our lifestyle saying the way we live its uncivilised. Who are they to tell us that we are uncivilised. They wish they could come to Africa and deliver this World Cup since africans cant do it, then they will be credited that every thinga white man touches turn into gold. Its about time that we stand up and say no to this people. They even try to control us from far away in Europe. Trying to show a black man how to do things like they used to do during colonial time. They have to accept that Africa is free and Africa will do as it pleases. Europians colonised almost the whole world, but they have failed in Africa. No a single nation is ruled by this people. From America to Australia they coursed caos to the original people, but they have failed in Africa. It shows that Black man, you are strong.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by 14(m): 4:43am On Jan 15, 2010
Mpele:

I ask myself as to why are white people so obssesd with us! Everything we do they try to crush it. Why don't you hear them saying or doing this to the Asians! I'm starting to believe that we're somehow a threat to them. They know that we're good, they know that if we're given resources we can do it!

Personally I no longer take these things(whites) serious. They think that being pale and pink, they're better than everybody. We don't have any obssesion with them. These people are a bunch of confused, self educated fools who believe that the world belongs to them. I believe that they're the most barbaric people on the planet. If U look at WW I and WW II, then U will agree with me that, they're the most uncivilised group on the planet, they mame and killled each other in order to dominate, now is that not barbaric.

Blacks were living peaceful in Africa until they came and wrecked havoc! Is that not barbaric. They'll do anything just to sabotage the World Cup. The sad part is that the white media in South Africa are behind this! The whites here still can't believe as to how can blacks build such infrustructure and organise a such a big event. To them we're just a bunch of good for nothing HIV/AIDS ravaged criminals who's only hobby is making babies. To GOD be the glory, when we got democracy, the country was in a mess, but look at it now, of course we have -problems, crime and hiv, but that is what the Americans are a suffering from now, but its not an issue!

It is such a tratedgy to be an African as we have to do everything twice to prove our worth. But for a bunch of pink individuals who have a believe that they're God's children we're just like animals to them. GOD knows his real children!

Amen pastor Mpelisto

They are just scared of a black man. They know that if we ever develop our skills and knowledge, they are in trouble, we will do what they did to us. Black man will colonise Europe. That is why you see black people been chased away in places like Italy, Spain, German, Greece and Rassia. They are scared that if they allow a lot of balck people inside their country, the number of black people will grow and in a later years there is a possibility of being ruled by a black man.

The other reason is that they hate Africa because they failed in Africa. They might have taken the resources back to their countries and made them so stinking rich, but they did not take the land. They wiped out the Red Indians, Aborigine in Australia, they left a few thousand of this people. Buty they failed in Africa. They tried to infect us with HIV in any public hospitals in the early 90's in order to wipe out the whole population, they failed.
Re: Some slowpoke Wants Fifa World Cup To Be Taken Away From Africa by tck2000(m): 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Danny Shittu Hasn't Play A Game For Bolton And He Will Be In South Africa ! / New Mikel To Lead Porto Under 18 / Kogi-born Abdul Adama Hands Over Ownership Of Bukola Babes Fc To Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.