Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

7 Wonders Of The Coding World - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 7 Wonders Of The Coding World (945 Views)

I Need A Tutor To Teach Me Coding / Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy / (revealed) So Mark Zuckerberg Is Not That Good At Coding/programming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Wonders Of The Coding World by ItuExchange(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2017
What do you think are the '7 wonders' of the coding world?

Smalltalk – see Smalltalk and the Future of the Software Industry

C++ – the biggest and most complex programming language ever created

JavaScript – the biggest con job in programming ever created

Go – the fastest growing programming language in history: zero to nearly top tier in less than 7 years!

Java – replacing COBOL as the enterprise programming language; it is far, far ahead of all other
languages in terms of popularity and job demand

Python – how did this relatively slow scripting language manage to become so popular for
numerical computing, machine learning, data science, IoT, web development?

Lisp/Scheme – a homoiconic wonder with superb macro extensibility

Honourable mentions go to:

C – it underpins the entire IT industry (which includes Linux)

Forth – how can such a ridiculously simple language be so capable?

Emacs and vim – the “great” programming editors

OOP (object-oriented programming) – this programming paradigm has ruled the IT industry for
more than three decades and shows no sign of loosening its grip, not even in the face of FP

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-think-are-the-7-wonders-of-the-coding-world

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng
Re: 7 Wonders Of The Coding World by ituglobal(m): 9:47pm On May 17, 2017
Yep. The list make sense.
Re: 7 Wonders Of The Coding World by oluwadubem: 4:27am On May 18, 2017
doh am not a programming niggah but some time I used to have time google there stuff,what I understand in some occasion is not about the language but about the programmer,to me I don't see any language as low or high,if those language can do create things so why the hate...?...Just like you mention python,if you google out you will see some create stuff writing in python,done really knw why most programmers will keep hating one language for no reason(heskal,pearl,php,c#,c++,c,python and many more) if you google you will see some create stuff writing with those language,so if they can write create stuffs I don't see any reason for hating one,and if I wanna learn any I will just choose anyone and start learning not minding what mouth will talk.......

#peace#

(1) (Reply)

Searching For An App Designer That Can Make An App That Runs On "MESH NETWORK" / 4 Tips To Become A Kickass Developer / Job Opening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.