Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). (2478 Views)

Two-Headed Russell Viper Discovered In India (Photos) / 'Albino Turtle': Yellow Turtle In India (Photos) / Goat Born In Minna Without Nose And Only One Eye (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Explorers(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2017
Cyclopes are normally considered the stuff of legend, made famous by Ancient Greek poet Homer in his immortal epic The Odyssey.

But they exist on Earth and one has just been born in Assam, India.

This baby goat with one enlarged eye has baffled local villagers after its birth on 10 May.

The goat has a condition called cyclopia which develops in the womb when the left and right hemispheres of the brain do not separate as they are meant to early on in pregnancy.

This leads to the formation of a single central cavity with one eye, or sometimes partially fused or separate eyeballs.

The eyelashes and eyelids are absent, as is any true nose.

The upper and lower lips are present, but are usually small, and the upper jaw is short and teeth are missing, which is why the normal sized tongue protrudes.

The condition has been reported in other animals, including horses, pigs, cows, cats and even dusky sharks.

A large number of people have been visiting the village to see the goat.

According to the villagers, the goat is said to be sacred, with some locals beginning to worship the new arrival.

The goat's owner, Mukhuri Das said: 'I was shocked. It's like a miracle and people have been coming to our place to see this baby goat.

'The owner immediately called vets to check on his new arrival.

He said: 'They told me it will die in a few days but that was not true.'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3583516/one-eyed-mutant-goat-born-in-india-baffling-villagers-who-are-terrified-of-the-cyclops-like-beast/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5521201077
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4514288/Holy-goat-India-s-miracle-CYCLOPS-kid.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by nerilove(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2017
Hia!
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by SeeUrLife: 4:13pm On May 17, 2017
seriously
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by madridguy(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2017
Allahu Akbar.
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Explorers(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2017
CYCLOPIA.

Cyclopia is a rare congenital disorder that occurs in both humans and animals.

The front lobe of the embryo's brain does not develop properly into two separate left and right hemispheres.

A creature with cyclopia may be able to distinguish light and dark but will not have proper vision because the retina won't form properly.

Creatures with the condition are normally stillborn or die shortly after due to breathing and brain problems.

Its incidence is 1 in 16,000 in born animals and 1 in 200 in miscarried fetuses.

It is caused by genetic defects or toxins ingested during pregnancy such as 2-deoxyjervine, found in the corn lily plant.

It gets its name from the Greek word cyclops which literally means round-eyed.

Vets predicted that the blind goat, who also has only one ear, would die within a few days but he has defied expectations

Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by xynerise: 4:16pm On May 17, 2017
madridguy:
Allahu Akbar.

Dafaq? undecided

Only in India grin
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Oblitz(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2017
wow
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Airforce1(m): 4:21pm On May 17, 2017
Trust Indians to worship this goat
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:25pm On May 17, 2017
madridguy:
Allahu Akbar.

They don come oo shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by waxxydude: 4:29pm On May 17, 2017
Gene mutation

1 Like

Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Rigging(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2017
i need the breed ASAP, Explorer
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by BlackDBagba: 4:57pm On May 17, 2017
India - the land of mutants
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Omakraid(f): 6:56pm On May 17, 2017
God is indeed great...
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Rich4god(m): 9:09pm On May 17, 2017
India and this kind thing... Na wa for that country.
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by tk4rd: 12:43am On May 18, 2017
madridguy:
Allahu Akbar.
I don't understand...
You just exclaimed.?? or you just prayed.??
How did your comment relate to the topic.??
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Explorers(m): 10:07am On May 18, 2017
m
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by blaquebelle: 10:23am On May 18, 2017
Woah
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by blaquebelle: 10:24am On May 18, 2017
tk4rd:
I don't understand...
You just exclaimed.?? or you just prayed.??
How did your comment relate to the topic.??
I think he means God is great
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Lemonade01(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2017
This one week me oo!
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by tk4rd: 4:02pm On May 18, 2017
blaquebelle:

I think he means God is great
And it has anything to do with the Monster Goat.??
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by penzino(m): 4:33pm On May 18, 2017
Who fit chop this kind goat
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Explorers(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2017
penzino:
Who fit chop this kind goat

Lol....Chop ke.

1 Like

Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Eleniyan15: 5:43pm On May 18, 2017
scary...I trust India with there culture they will likely worship the animal if na Naija dem do don gun m downd
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Eleniyan15: 5:44pm On May 18, 2017
scary...I trust India with there culture they will likely worship the animal if na Naija dem do don gun m downgrin
Re: Cyclops: Goat With One Eye Born In India(photos). by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 19, 2017
Fascinating......

Most legends and myth usually have a figment of truth in them.....

Who knows, Sango might be up there staring at us puny humans in disbelief grin grin

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Ip Address / Many UFO Researchers Die Under Mysterious Circumstances / DIY Bluetooth Speaker Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.