Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

This Crazy User Just Zipped Through Zipcodespostal.com - The Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Crazy User Just Zipped Through Zipcodespostal.com - The Review (448 Views)

Which WP Plugin Displays "A New User Just Signed Up" Popup And Disappears. / More Tech At Mytechmore..com- The Review / Is Yukhub.com The Next Nairaland Or ? - The Review You Probably Shouldn't Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Crazy User Just Zipped Through Zipcodespostal.com - The Review by Copycracker(m): 8:56pm On May 17, 2017
Zipcodespostal.com...

Are you READY TO RUMBLLEEE!!!

Lol. Whew... I just had to type that once in a review.

And you were the lucky ones cheesy

Now, on to the review. Let's begin:

I. Design And Layout

Clean design... but it feels a bit empty... Anyway, let's point out the issues:

(i) Your Site Title in the browser

You know that one where you put "All you need to know about (zip codes/postal codes and its uses) "?

Yeah, first of all we only see from "All" to "about". The rest doesn't show. Secondly, this is more like a tagline not a site title. Take that out and replace it with "Zip Codes".

Okay?

Good.

(ii) The Menu at the very top

While it's a great idea to put one there, it seems too scanty... like you're not finished with building your site.

Thumbs up on the menu. Now, get some more info there that directs us to sections of your site.

(iii) Site Title and Tagline

Love the fact that you remind us in that header area, that your site is about Zip Codes, and your tagline - "Find correct zip codes and postal codes around you" is good, but you could make it more specific, like for example, focus it more on Nigeria. I find it's a pain in the ass trying to find zip codes in Nigeria, and you could be the source for that info.

Plus there are other sites already doing this so best way to stand out is to specialize in one area. So, your tagline is fine, but you can make it finer than fine wine if you do that.

(iv) Primary Nav menu

Also scanty... I just see a home page, a blog page and an about us page. There are no categories, and no search bar.

Think about what you want your categories to be, then put them in. And add that search bar. It's absolutely necessary.

Now, I don't see a Right sidebar so I'm just going to dive right into...

(v) Your Main Content Section on Your Home Page is not it at all.

Your Home Page is to tell us why we are making the right choice staying on your site and show us where to find what we came looking for.

Instead yours is giving us a short lesson on what a zip code is.

Not good. Not good at all.

And I think it started all from your tagline not being specific enough and I have an idea you could try... but we'll talk about that in a minute... lemme finish this review first.

(vi) Your Footer Section doesn't exist.

I don't know whether that's good or bad right now because your site looks like you're still developing it and everything is not quite set up, so I won't even start to talk about this.

II. Content

Okay, I looked through your blog content and wanted to punch myself in the face with a hammer... HARD.

Fine, I get it. Your site is about zip codes but do you have to make this so boring for users to read?

Everything is all mashed up together in a way that I personally lost interest and left each post I opened. I applaud you on having 53 posts, but the fact is it's pretty unreadable.

Yeah, it is.

I think you haven't figured out what you want to do with the site fully yet. Either that or you don't really care about your site visitors.

Yes, you have a tagline but your content is really not helping. It doesn't inspire me to read, and when I can just go to Big Daddy Google to find this info, why would I stick around and suffer through the pain of scrolling through each paragraph block type list of zip codes just to find one zip code?

Okay, you know what?

I said I had an idea for you to try, and I wanted to see if I could go through my usual format but it's not really working like that with your site.

Okay, obviously you want your site to be a place where anyone in Nigeria can come and find zip codes that they need to find. Right?

Well, here's the thing. When your target visitor comes to your site:

1. He is not interested in what a zip code is. He wants to find the zip code to a particular area.

2. He also doesn't really care if you have a blog or not. (Well, at least at first).

I think what you need to do is rebuild your home page as a landing page. Like have your site title, and tagline. Then have a background image and a field with a placeholder "Enter your address here" and a search button that you can type "Get zip code" on so they know that when they enter the address, your visitors can get the zip code.

As for the posts, let each one be like a brief summary of the areas within the zip codes, maybe the address of post offices, and interesting places in that zip code.

Your site has to deliver value in some way that is not tedious for the visitor. Right now, it's not doing that.

I would talk about promotion, social media, etcetera but to be honest, your site is not ready for that.

Sort these issues out and then we'll talk about a re-review... maybe.

I'm done.

P.S. If you're reading this, and you'd like me to review your site, don't post it here. Post it here instead - https://www.nairaland.com/3765331/post-website-blog-here-get

P.P.S. If you want to hire me, click the link in my signature to find out what I do.

For now, I'm out.

Appi uzlin!

(1) (Reply)

Need Someone With Access To US Facebook Groups Or Twitter Audience / Please I Need Constructive Critism Of This Website / Ready To Pay Anybody Who Can Transfer My Site To A New Hosting Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.