Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (1022 Views)

A Diary Of My 2nd Building Project / Project Assistance monitoring in Nigeria. +2348092903328. / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Tombrook0: 10:16pm On May 17, 2017
Get your original Block for your building Project from us today

We use the following to make the our blocks

Sharp sand, granite dust and plaster sand

Our prices are very competitive

6inches

9inches.

We supply anywhere in Lagos.

Our Blocks Are In compliance of Lagos State Building Requirement.
We produce on site upon Request.

Call Kaylord Enterprise on 07061960316

Re: . by Tombrook0: 8:00am On May 18, 2017
Thanks you for your orders.
Re: . by Wagasigiungu(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2017
Tombrook0:

6inches 230

9inches. 250

Good looking blocks @OP. Hope they are as strong as they are good looking?
Quick question though. What's the advantage of adding each of the above constituents, particularly the plaster sand, in making the blocks? Thanks
Re: . by Tombrook0: 11:38am On May 18, 2017
Wagasigiungu:

Good looking blocks @OP. Hope they are as strong as they are good looking?
Quick question though. What's the advantage of adding each of the above constituents, particularly the plaster sand, in making the blocks? Thanks

Some call it blocks while others call it 'sandcrete', this is an important building material which we get by mixing powdered cement, sharp sand and water in a ratio made to suit the job it was produced for. You might wonder why I used the phrase 'in a ratio made to suit the job it was produced for'? Okay, there are many uses for blocks apart from using it to raise the walls in homes and fences. Blocks could be used for a variety of works, including

1. Walling of a house
2. Making a fence
3. Building a generator house or any other house that have vibrating machines inside it.
4. Toilet pits or soak away tanks.

Because of the various uses for blocks, the mixing ratio cannot be the same, we tend to reduce the ratio of sand to a bag of cement if we want a more solid mix or a block product which can do more than covering the walls in a house. I will like to mention here that most houses, especially those built with reinforced concrete columns and metal rods, blocks don't bear any loads, this is why you see houses built without blocks at first, the builder will first raise the columns and deck the first floor, then continue with another set of columns which will bear the next floor, and up and up we go.
There are many different types of blocks in modern building, these include

1. 9" hollow blocks
2. 6" hollow blocks
3. 6" solid blocks
4. 5" solid blocks

These blocks could be used according to the specifications of the building plan you are using. Most houses with more than one floors uses the 9" blocks on the ground floor and maybe the next few floors, but as a house rises in height, it is recommended that the weight of the blocks on the top floors be reduced, ie. If you use 9" blocks to do a ground floor, use 6" to do the top floors to ease the weight on the columns, beams and foundation.

Many more things to say about blocks, let me rest and come back to the topic later.

2 Likes

Re: . by jayooh: 11:53am On May 18, 2017
Tombrook0:

Some call it blocks while others call it 'sandcrete', this is an important building material which we get by mixing powdered cement, sharp sand and water in a ratio made to suit the job it was produced for. You might wonder why I used the phrase 'in a ratio made to suit the job it was produced for'? Okay, there are many uses for blocks apart from using it to raise the walls in homes and fences. Blocks could be used for a variety of works, including

1. Walling of a house
2. Making a fence
3. Building a generator house or any other house that have vibrating machines inside it.

Because of the various uses for blocks, the mixing ratio cannot be the same, we tend to reduce the ratio of sand to a bag of cement if we want a more solid mix or a block product which can do more than covering the walls in a house. I will like to mention here that most houses, especially those built with reinforced concrete columns and metal rods, blocks don't bear any loads, this is why you see houses built without blocks at first, the builder will first raise the columns and deck the first floor, then continue with another set of columns which will bear the next floor, and up and up we go.

1. 9" hollow blocks
2. 6" hollow blocks
3. 6" solid blocks
4. 5" solid blocks

These blocks could be used according to the specifications of the building plan you are using. Most houses with more than one floors uses the 9" blocks on the ground floor and maybe the next few floors, but as a house rises in height, it is recommended that the weight of the blocks on the top floors be reduced, ie. If you use 9" blocks to do a ground floor, use 6" to do the top floors to ease the weight on the columns, beams and foundation.

Many more things to say about blocks, let me rest and come back to the topic later.

Well said
Re: . by kentosystems: 12:54pm On May 18, 2017
Need 8,500 strong blocks. All 9"
Re: . by Tombrook0: 3:11pm On May 18, 2017
kentosystems:
Need 8,500 strong blocks. All 9"

Thanks so much for your order sir, where do we deliver to? Kindly call me on 07061960316
Re: . by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:46pm On May 18, 2017
Tombrook0:

1. Walling of a house
2. Making a fence

1. 9" hollow blocks
2. 6" hollow blocks
3. 6" solid blocks
4. 5" solid blocks

Nice one sir. This promises to be an interesting read and an informative thread. OP appears to know his onions. #Grabs a chair, popcorn in hand, fully attentive#. Lol.
Please could you elaborate more on what you meant by the various mix ratio and also when the different block types are indicated for different builds. This thread is coming at the right time- i am referring to the collapsed building that occured today in Lagos. Asides from key structural deficiencies, i guess bad block moulds is a contributing factor.
Re: . by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:59pm On May 18, 2017
Tombrook0:

6inches

9inches.

OP what is the advantage of the sandcrete over the conventional block moulds? Is it perhaps stronger, more durable, more cost effective or what. What factors should inform ones choice of a sandcrete or conventional block moulds? Pls pardon my being too inquisitive. Thanks as you take ur time to answer.
Input of more experts may prove invaluable:
Cc Hajji M, Spyder88, Abdulwastecx, Shegzy, EgunMogaji, Podosci and co.
On a lighter note: pls make una go inflate una truck tire b4 it completely deflates. Those sandcrete must be darn heavy.
Re: . by snakebeat: 5:25pm On May 18, 2017
Tombrook0:

1. Walling of a house
2. Making a fence

1. 9" hollow blocks
2. 6" hollow blocks
3. 6" solid blocks
4. 5" solid blocks

Without wishing to sound judgemental, what is the meaning of this?

The guy asked u a simple question, what is the purpose of plaster sand & other aggregates in blockmaking? how does it add to the compressive strength of block? intstead of giving him a simple & direct answer....u studiously evaded his question & brought up this long epistle u copied from d internet...are u the original author of this writeup?

1 Like

Re: . by Marilo(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2017
snakebeat:

The guy asked u a simple question, what is the purpose of plaster sand & other aggregates in blockmaking? how does it add to the compressive strength of block? intstead of giving him a simple & direct answer....u studiously evaded his question & brought up this long epistle u copied from d internet...are u the original author of this writeup?

grin grin grin

I don't want to be mean but all you need do is go through the previous posts of the guy in question. He sells everything sellable...Phones,cars,TV,blocks, etc. He has not shown he's an expert in the field of block making. Let's not be deceived by his spirited attempt to "educate" us on the products he has on offer. If you ask me,he appears to be a salesman other than a pro in block making. All he need do is to admit it.

1 Like

Re: . by Wagasigiungu(m): 6:41pm On May 18, 2017
snakebeat:

Thanks for highlighting this. Just s earched on Google after copying some paragraphs from his post above and i can authoritatively say that it's a case of undiluted plagiarism. The original content is a post by a seasoned, reputable and experienced eng. [spyder880] . Plagiarism sucks. The least he could hv done was give credit to whom credit is due. I hv read the original thread and i must say its a chest of knowledge. Thanks for the heads up bro.

Here is a link to the original thread: https://www.nairaland.com/755766/technology-block-making

@OP. I hereby withdraw all my earlier commendations with immediate effect and give all the credit to spyder880. Note that this singular act can pour sand inside your garri and deprive your yourof prospective clients. But the situation can still be salvaged. Apologize to spyder880, acknowledge his intellectual property, and man up.
Cheers

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Interior Design , 3D Painting And Painting Of Your Building With DALUX PAINT / Monthly, Quarterly Or 6 Months Rent For Mini Flat Needed / Building-materials: Market-survey To Estimate Construction Of Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.