Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,695 members, 7,851,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

What & What Should You Buy Online? - My Experience With Jumia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What & What Should You Buy Online? - My Experience With Jumia (326 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Best Weight Loss Products You Can Buy Online That Guarantee Fast Results / Where Can I Get Neat Uk used Laptop To Buy? Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What & What Should You Buy Online? - My Experience With Jumia by iamVirus(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2017
During Jumia's mobile week, I ordered for a Tecno Boom J8 at N40,720 and Tecno J8 Pack.

They delivered after 3 days through DHL and I was so happy.

But the pack I ordered alongside came after about 10days. That wasn't funny.

My aunty also bought a Samsung Tab E at about N80,000 through my account, which took over 15 days to arrive. Not fuuny shaa.

So, the gave me a Voucher of N2,000 because the phone pack I ordered looked totally different from what was drawn on their website and another N2,000 for the delay in the delivery of the Samsung Tab.

The Vouchers

I couldn't buy anything with the voucher because everything had a shipping fee of above N1,500 (Making the N3,500 voucher just N1500 and the N2,000 voucher N500).

I managed to buy a 32gb memory Card at N1,550 (I sensed danger) with the N3,500 voucher (SHIPPING FEE: N1,550) and a white wrist watch of N550 (Shipping fee over 1550). I had to pay for extra N170 through my bank account.

The watch is still to be delivered as they said it's coming from Overseas.

Now, My Problem

The 32gb memory card arrived yesterday through DHL, but it is a fake SDCARD.

After copying files into it, remove it and plug it back again, the files will corrupt.

I tweeted to their so called Twitter live chat, it's over 30hours, no reply but, I see them reply other customers.

I'm just waiting for the return button to appear in my account so that they can come take back their yeye free gift
The wrist watch may arrive now, and it may not be working!!

So in summary, I'll advice you to buy only sealed Products such as phones and tablets or televisions etc.

Because, they are sealed and are mostly original.

Stay clear from harddisks or storage items, Dresses, (Especially Females) Phone packs, shoes and sweaters etc, because they'll deliver a totally different stuff.

cc: lalasticlala

Nairalanders, share your experiences here
Re: What & What Should You Buy Online? - My Experience With Jumia by skillzbae(f): 9:41am On May 18, 2017
I use pay on delivery o, to avoid stories. I ordered for rechargeable fan, and what they brought he, it can cause heart attack, I simply told the man I don't want that he should return it
Re: What & What Should You Buy Online? - My Experience With Jumia by iamVirus(m): 10:39am On May 18, 2017
cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Video Proves Nigerians Accepted Trans Persons In The Past / Bayelsa Targets 7,000 Temporary Jobs From $50m World Bank Development Loan Read / Stanbic IBTC Bank Seeks An Experienced Professional As Head, E-business IT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.