Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate (1102 Views)

Nairaland Should Introduce delete Thread, Post" / Opinion - Nairaland Should Be Redesigned / Opinion Poll: Nairaland Should Follow Global Trend With Verified User Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Afam4eva(m): 9:51am On May 18, 2017
I just had to write this because as much as Nairaland is a great online community where we learn and impart knowledge, i think some of the functions on Nigeria are archaic and not in consonance with the times that we're in. I'll just briefly highlight some areas that needs to be worked on and i hope Seun Osewa tales note.

1. We know youtube is the number one video channel and we have a plugin for adding youtube videos on nairaland but instagram, twitter and facebook videos have also become popular and it's a shame that we cannot embed these videos on Nairaland.

2. The subject field when posting articles should be increased to allow more characters. Sometimes our topics cannot fit into that small space. If Moderators are given more space when they push topics to the frontpage, so should we.

3. I cannot for the life of me understand why there is no POLL system on Nairaland. That's like one of the main features that a forum should have. Why was it removed in the first place.

4. Pls, why do we have to go our emails to reply a message of a PM before the person can send the actual message. PMs should reside on the website and not outside it. I don't just get the logic.

5. How on earth can the website field in the profile be removed. Is this the height of greed? Every forum out there allows members to add their website link.

cc: Seun, Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Seun(m): 9:54am On May 18, 2017
Thanks! You can add your website link in a signature, I guess...
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Nobody: 9:59am On May 18, 2017
Seun:

Seun Sir, Concerning the PM's i think he is right. I get Buzzes from my Email App every time. And if i reply them, this guys immediately have access to my personal life, MY EMAIL.....
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by eezeribe(m): 10:00am On May 18, 2017
Seun:

Please take a look at this...
https://www.nairaland.com/3524199/five-features-add-more-value
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On May 18, 2017
Seun:
Seun, it's not fair that you took away the website links from the profile. That's essential for backlinks. Even the link on the signature is not public and cannot serve as a backlinks.

How about other suggestions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Harvard13(m): 10:05am On May 18, 2017
Nice tips especially the pm
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by yusasiv(m): 10:14am On May 18, 2017
How about wrongly getting banned for no reason.. that requires a little or more review as well
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2017
The poll feature is way overdue

1 Like

Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Nobody: 10:25am On May 18, 2017
StephDamielola:

Se..Se..Se.un Sir, Concerning the PM's i think he is right. I get Buzzes from my Email App every time. And if i reply them, this guys immediately have access to my personal life, MY EMAIL.....
Hmm
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Nobody: 10:27am On May 18, 2017
Afam4eva:
I just had to write this because as much as Nairaland is a great online community where we learn and impart knowledge, i think some of the functions on Nigeria are archaic and not in consonance with the times that we're in. I'll just briefly highlight some areas that needs to be worked on and i hope Seun Osewa tales note.

1. We know youtube is the number one video channel and we have a plugin for adding youtube videos on nairaland but instagram, twitter and facebook videos have also become popular and it's a shame that we cannot embed these videos on Nairaland.

2. The subject field when posting articles should be increased to allow more characters. Sometimes our topics cannot fit into that small space. If Moderators are given more space when they push topics to the frontpage, so should we.

3. I cannot for the life of me understand why there is no POLL system on Nairaland. That's like one of the main features that a forum should have. Why was it removed in the first place.

4. Pls, why do we have to go our emails to reply a message of a PM before the person can send the actual message. PMs should reside on the website and not outside it. I don't just get the logic.

5. How on earth can the website field in the profile be removed. Is this the height of greed? Every forum out there allows members to add their website link.

You forgot to add a DISLIKE button ..... very essential!!
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Afam4eva(m): 10:31am On May 18, 2017
SmartChoices:

You forgot to add a DISLIKE button ..... very essential!!
Even facebook, youtube, instagram and co don't have dislike buttons. We're not here to make enemies. If we don't like a post, we just ignore and leave those that like to push the like button.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Nobody: 10:32am On May 18, 2017
Afam4eva:

Even facebook, youtube, instagram and co don't have dislike buttons. We're not here to make enemies. If we don't like a post, we just ignore and leave those that like to push the like button.
YouTube has dislike button. I don't use Facebook so I can't say.... But posts can be disliked​ anonymously same way likes are anonymous.
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Nobody: 10:33am On May 18, 2017
SmartChoices:

Mynd44 this is a clear violation of nairaland's rule 2. Thanks again for been fair and a defender of civilised people on this forum.

After Insulting me and following me everywhere i go, you called a MOD. I knew you would do that.

Ishilove, Seun, Obinoscopy, Mynd44 this is a clear violation of Nairalands rule 2. I believe your judgements a without fear or favour and you have always been a defender of civilized people on this forum. Please Let the law have its full cause
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2017
SmartChoices:

YouTube has dislike button. I don't use Facebook so I can't say.... But posts can be disliked​ anonymously same way likes are anonymous.
Ohh sorry, my bad. Youtube has one. Actually it will be a great function. I'm only concerned that it may be abused by people.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Nobody: 10:35am On May 18, 2017
StephDamielola:

After Insulting me and following me everywhere i go, you called a MOD. I knew you would do that.

Ishilove, Seun, Obinoscopy, Mynd44 this is a clear violation of Nairalands rule 2. I believe your judgements a without fear or favour and you have always been a defender of civilized people on this forum. Please Let the law have its full cause
Why are you still following me upandan... I am engaged. Sorry.
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Nobody: 10:36am On May 18, 2017
Afam4eva:

Ohh sorry, my bad. Youtube has one. Actually it will be a great function. I'm only concerned that it may be abused by people.
It will be anonymous.... And prevent efforts at raining abuses... A quick dislike button will suffice.
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by HARDDON: 10:43am On May 18, 2017
There are alot of improvement moves to implement n make this place more fun.

Other d other hand, lets not forget the many limitations of d core script of a forum.

This is not your everyday site.

But mos def, d email thing should as a matter of urgency be looked upon
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by HARDDON: 10:55am On May 18, 2017
Double Don
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by HARDDON: 10:55am On May 18, 2017
Mcowubaba:

People have since been suggesting various features or improvements for your forum.

You keep replying them "Thanks" or "I sincerely appreciate this"
Funny enough, you haven't implemented any SINGLE suggestion(s) from anybody.

Oh, Seun you so Tactful, Better to just tell us to back off from suggesting anything, than making us believe our suggestions mean anything
grin

Or let me believe that you are "working on it" wink

One thing with these suggestions is that they hv a sky view.....( unlimitedly kul innovations that could make our time out here more fun)

Nonetheless, Implemention( especially fingering a forum core script) can mess alot of things up/ Change d dynamics of d core.
(Very limited view)

I think he wud have tried implementing a couple of suggestions on his offline BCkups n noticed erratic/core tempering overtones n chilled on deploying them live.
If that is the case, we all know he cant come back and tell us the outcome so he hushes.

I bliv he listens.
How can a biznes man, especially one that is into the IT world that is soaked in daily robe of innovation, not listen to its clients n improve on its services?
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by Mcowubaba: 11:00am On May 18, 2017
HARDDON:

One thing with these suggestions is that they hv a sky view.....( unlimitedly, kul innovations that could make our time our here more fun)

Nonetheless, Implemention( especially fingering a forum core script) can mess alot of things up. Change d dynamics of d core.
(Very limited view)

I think he wud have tried implementing a couple of suggestions on his offline BCkups n noticed erratic/core tempering overtones n chilled on deploying them live.
If that is the case, we all know he cant come back and tell us the outcome so he hushes.

I bliv he listens.
Baba, the Oga of this forum is seriously hiding my comments.
He's probably about to ban me till 2076 grin

Because I speak the truth..
In Dino melaye's voice "you say the truth you die, you lie, you die, I will say the truth and I'm ready for my Ban...
Cc Seun...
Let Nairaland be much better, that's my own, I love this forum....
Evrnthough, I'm banned, I may still read as a guest grin grin

On topic, you have a solid point, though I don't really understand what exactly you're talking about, given the fact that I'm NOT very knowledgeable on IT or Computer matters.
All we have been saying is just to make some little improvements, to make here more fun, it's not out of hate, but out of Love...
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by HARDDON: 11:37am On May 18, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Baba, the Oga of this forum is seriously hiding my comments.
He's probably about to ban me till 2076 grin

Because I speak the truth..
In Dino melaye's voice "you say the truth you die, you lie, you die, I will say the truth and I'm ready for my Ban...
Cc Sn...
Let Nairaland be much better, that's my own, I love this forum....
Evrnthough, I'm banned, I may still read as a guest grin grin

On topic, you have a solid point, though I don't really understand what exactly you're talking about, given the fact that I'm NOT very knowledgeable on IT or Computer matters.
All we have been saying is just to make some little improvements, to make here more fun, it's not out of hate, but out of Love...

@ bolded, i think that is where d misunderstanding is.

In very simpLe terms, it is very easy to suggest we covert /modify a 4 plug car engine to a 12 plug , super charger nitro powered one so we can hv more speed fun. But in reality, it is almost impossible because of the Original Engine's Architecture. Even converting a manual ride to an autimatic one, changes d dynamics of d ride 4eva n it can never perform to its optimum quoted level again

So As much as d suggestions are very kul n seemingly easy , implementing same cud be a mesmerizing task dat could affect d core of the forum.

You sure did experience the edit button disappearing sometime ago? There was this day that everybody was auto logged out n logging in back was very difficult too.

Do u know what actually happened on dese few occasion? Well....
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by PDPGuy: 2:05pm On May 18, 2017
Afam4eva:

I agree with your 4th idea. The PM thing should be a conversation on the website. I don't like the idea of having to reply some strange people via email
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by mujaya1(m): 6:05pm On May 18, 2017
first what we need is to remove fake news,second change your rule number 2 and 3,because is not fair to my tribe fulani at all, third add dislike button and created app for nairaland like jammiforums.com there app are in googleplay thank you.
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by WackyJ1(m): 11:50pm On May 18, 2017
Harddon

I didn't realize you were an IT guy..

Also seemingly knowledgeable about Cars.
Re: 5 Features Nairaland Should Incorporate by HARDDON: 12:27am On May 19, 2017
WackyJ1:
Harddon

I didn't realize you were an IT guy..

Also seemingly knowledgeable about Cars.

J! cool

You cant be stuck in one corner of d world wit one knowledge set out of d fountain you can afford.

(1) (Reply)

Web Hosting / Web Designer And App Developers Needed / Cost Of Buying And Hosting A Domain Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.