Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps (707 Views)

Ikoyigate: Whistleblower Rewarded, Turns Millionaire / Ikoyigate: National Assembly Might Intervene If... - Saraki / $43million Ikoyigate...Foreigners React! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by sirequity(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2017
THE Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, has declined to appear before the House of Representatives to testify in the ongoing investigation into the $43.4m (about N13bn) recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission from an apartment at Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos.

The House Committee on National Security and Intelligence chaired by an All Progressives Congress lawmaker from Zamfara State, Mr. Aminu Sani-Jaji, is conducting the investigation.

Other sums recovered from the apartment were £27,800 and N23.2m.

The committee had thrice summoned Emefiele; the suspended Director General of the National Intelligence Agency, Dr. Ayo Oke; the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu; and the National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (retd.) to testify.

The third sitting of the committee was Wednesday (yesterday).

But, like in two previous occasions, all the officials shunned the committee on Wednesday.

However, Emefiele wrote the lawmakers to say that he did not think it was appropriate for him to come because he would be in breach of the National Security Agencies Act.

In the letter, which was read out to members by Sani-Jaji, the CBN governor argued that the Act prohibited the disclosure of security information publicly.

He noted that security information was ‘classified information’, which the law barred him from releasing to the public.

The CBN governor further argued that a committee chaired by the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, had already investigated the cash recovery.

But the lawmakers were enraged and berated Emefiele for acting like ‘someone who lacks the capacity to differentiate between a legislature and the executive arm of government’.

Sani-Jaji stated, “This CBN governor doesn’t even know that there is something called separation of powers.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/ikoyigate-wont-appear-emefiele-dares-reps/

Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by zico530(m): 10:53am On May 18, 2017
Why won't he dare Rep now that he is no longer the coordinating minister of petroleum. He is now the president, afterall WHO IS THE PRESIDENT?
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by sirequity(m): 10:53am On May 18, 2017
After Lawal and Ali were proving stubborn with Senate na Emefiele own wan start with reps?

Emefiele you better obey them, u know no be Buhari appoint you, so you better rush before him sack you, no let stupidity make you prove stubborn like Lawal and Ali.
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by auntysimbiat(f): 10:54am On May 18, 2017
i hear say Emefiele don buy d whole of one village in ogun
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by chris2face(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2017
Am coming to commect later
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by DLondonboiy: 11:03am On May 18, 2017
Our Reps don lose respect finish...

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by adadike281(f): 11:20am On May 18, 2017
impunity everywhere! no wonder coup rumour is on going in nigeria
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by Franchise21(m): 11:27am On May 18, 2017
Everyone dares the National Assembly these days... Even me go fit dare them

1 Like

Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by saintgp(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2017
Indeed Nigeria laws is made for d poor.

CHANGE indeed,like play like play,its becoming obvious that nigerians decided in 2015,to waste 4years via voting for d lawless entity called change.
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by adem30: 11:44am On May 18, 2017
Franchise21:
Everyone dares the National Assembly these days... Even me go fit dare them

When they don't know their Job description and someone out side is telling them their how to do their Job....

Whey are they now mute on Custom Boss Hameed Ali?
Have they got him uniform?
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by limeta(f): 11:47am On May 18, 2017
Mr Cbn go and see them we voted the people in .
They 've a job to do for us .
Oya move
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by vedaxcool(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2017
I reserve my comer for a more serious problem. ..
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by lilytender: 11:54am On May 18, 2017
adem30:

When they don't know their Job description and someone out side is telling them their how to do their Job....

When are they now mute on Custom Boss Hameed Ali?

Have they got him uniform?

I thought that Saraki and Dino Ajekuiya said they are going to personally arrest the Custom Boss Hameed Ali, by now the two bloody thiefing civilians would have been buried according to Islamic rites.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by Iamwrath: 11:56am On May 18, 2017
By the time the sledge hammer of the law lands on his head , some ediots will be saying it's marginalization

Better go and answer summons now before it leads to warrant
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by IgbosAreGreat(f): 11:57am On May 18, 2017
Who is the Senate
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by leofab(f): 1:11pm On May 18, 2017
Who is the presidency ?
Re: Ikoyigate: Why I Won’t Appear Before You, CBN's Emefiele Dares Reps by Bishop000(m): 1:11pm On May 18, 2017
This Buhari's regime get K leg, everyone is flexing muscle

(1) (Reply)

Controversy Trails Take-over Of Port Harcourt Refinery / PDP Is Dead, I Have To Tell My People The Truth - Chime / Senators Who Say Nothing, And Do Nothing At The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.