Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria (55655 Views)

Osinbajo Condemns Invasion Of NASS By DSS, Police / Osinbajo Condemns The Ozubulu, Anambra Church Massacre (PHOTOS) / Osinbajo Condemns Manchester Terrorist Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Category1: 10:08pm On May 18, 2017
D
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Alariwo2: 10:11pm On May 18, 2017
PYO you're covered..

just be extra careful
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 18, 2017
Osinbanjo should sit tight I hope the chief of army staff is answerable to the acting president he should develop a working relationship with the armed forces
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by latsy: 10:13pm On May 18, 2017
DocHMD:
When osibande is kicked out, the yorubas should be ready to fight abookies without the rest of the south (SE/SS) which they abuse so much. grin

Stop doing attache by force, be proud of who you are(SE),
the SE has never fought for anyone bit themselves, I wonder
who is feeding you with those nonsensical talks.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by latsy: 10:16pm On May 18, 2017
walosky:
Osinbanjo has to book deliverance from cowardice and fear

Afonjas and fear

Infact with with my brother in the Lord , we rebuke the spirit of coward out from your life now....

Only one group of people consider themselves as slaves in the 21st
century and have been crying for freedom.
I am sure you know who those people are.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by jjjjj2017: 10:20pm On May 18, 2017
mansakhalifa:
What Coup? Unless there is something I don't know,what we had in Cote d' Ivoire was a mutiny not a coup. Even the mutineers made it clear that it was just a mutiny and that they were not trying to take over the government. They just want their backlog of salaries and wages paid-that's all. So where is the 'coup' part coming from? Besides,I think we should stop worrying about the rest of Africa since they worry less about us. Unless our interests are going to be served. We spent about $12 billion and lost hundreds of men in Liberia and S/Leone and gained nothing. Let us start watching out for our interests only.
in the 90s
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Adebowale89(m): 10:23pm On May 18, 2017
DocHMD:
When osibande is kicked out, the yorubas should be ready to fight abookies without the rest of the south (SE/SS) which they abuse so much. grin

aside from the SS that always stand firm at their course. who will take SE serious, those that their warlord ranaway before the bell of the war rang

awon chest beaters cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Odingo1: 10:23pm On May 18, 2017
There is possibility of coup in Nigeria.
Time will tell.
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Maniashow: 10:24pm On May 18, 2017
Oblitz:
Ghen ghen! Nigerian Army Should Not Try Shit O! Or We'll Chase Them Away With Sticks And Stones cut
You that find it difficult to protest against the current civilian government bad governance.
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by chairman010: 10:27pm On May 18, 2017
why is it that every other thread in nairaland must turn to ipob and afonja affair? l still wonder if these things responsible are actually Igbos and Yorubas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Odingo1: 10:28pm On May 18, 2017
Adebowale89:

aside from the SS that always stand firm at their course. who will take SE serious, those that their warlord ranaway before the bell of the war rang

awon chest beaters cheesy
Eastern Nigeria are not push over,stop deceiving yourself.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by PearlStreet(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2017
DocHMD:

Actually, the SE is useless in Nigeria right now. They have no history of winning anything not even a single riot. Anyone they support is sure to lose.

The SS are a very tenacious people with street wisdom that money cannot buy. When the time comes, they would show u the difference between Alaigbo and SS just like how they did in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by dustydee: 10:30pm On May 18, 2017
Is mutiny now the same thing as a coup? Why does nairaland delight in miss informing people? Seun please try your moderators. They don't seem to know what they are doing. This is at least the second "fake" news I have read here today.
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by AbiolaFawole(m): 10:31pm On May 18, 2017
Oblitz:
Ghen ghen! Nigerian Army Should Not Try Shit O! Or We'll Chase Them Away With Sticks And Stones

Check my signature........professional stamped concrete from the masters of concrete stamp at the cheapest rate possible.
see you, that will lock yourself overnight
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Adebowale89(m): 10:31pm On May 18, 2017
Odingo1:

Eastern Nigeria are not push over,stop deceiving yourself.

hahaha. go and read your history book. they were not just push over but was massively wasted

it was on record that, eastern population dropped after the civil war

at least u found a new warlord now. south clown cheesy
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:34pm On May 18, 2017
Ngokafor:

...U don jam trailer be that cos OYO is your name.
tongue
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 10:35pm On May 18, 2017
989900, what was that trash you were posting earlier today.

The signs are all around for us to see.

A coup will happen in Nigeria and the sky will not fall.

Just pray Buhari does not die on that seat.

Me, I'm already planning my exit. The day coup happens, I turn diaspora Nigerian same day.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by sddiamond: 10:38pm On May 18, 2017
darfay:
the jews from you know where won't like this
kids everywhere
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Habeyy(m): 10:39pm On May 18, 2017
hahn:

We have not been able to do anything when they flog us on the streets and ask us to roll in dirty gutters. Is it when they are armed for a coup we will now fight?

I doubt you live in Nigeria
he's from Turkey...I learnt it happened lyk that in Turkey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 18, 2017
@jjjjj2017 If you mean the Liberia and S/Leone conflicts,yes,in the 90s. Precisely between 1989/90-2003. The thick was in the 90s.
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Reference(m): 10:42pm On May 18, 2017
So. This is the improvement Nigeria has made since 2015. I said it, the best will be superficial, the worst, the core of the Nigeria question will only worsen. Two years down the line, the cracks are wider than ever. We are not even talking about a performing government anymore, just a functional one....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 10:43pm On May 18, 2017
PearlStreet:

Actually, the SE is useless in Nigeria right now. They have no history of winning anything not even a single riot. Anyone they support is sure to lose.

The SS are a very tenacious people with street wisdom that money cannot buy. When the time comes, they would show u the difference between Alaigbo and SS just like how they did in Bayelsa.

And what do you think the SS would do? Fight with the eminently silly SW that never knows how to choose their battles against the evidently smart North?

If a coup happens, all the North has to do is keep the Northern-SS agreement of not trying to usurp control of SS oil and the SS would sit idly by as the North decimates anyone (and I mean anyone) that challenges them. We no dey stress ourselves. We always come to an understanding with the North and NEVER fight a losing battle.

Adaka Borro used his brain in 1967 and died a hero. Eventually we coerced Babangida to form OMPADEC before Obasanjo created NDDC and Yar'Adua created Ministry of Niger Delta and started the Amnesty Program.

We are experts at surviving in a country with changing alliances, so if the SW wants to resist a coup, you have a better chance of getting the SE to stand with you than the SS.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Viking007(m): 10:44pm On May 18, 2017
hahn:

We have not been able to do anything when they flog us on the streets and ask us to roll in dirty gutters. Is it when they are armed for a coup we will now fight?

I doubt you live in Nigeria
cheesy
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by sddiamond: 10:46pm On May 18, 2017
chairman010:
why is it that every other thread in nairaland must turn to ipob and afonja affair? l still wonder if these things responsible are actually Igbos and Yorubas
Is because Yoruba's in nairaland are hugely jealous of Igbo people, cos to me I don't understand the hatred, its too much. I've Yoruba friends and they're amazing people, the ones in nairaland are just clowns, jobless and failures looking for who to blame for their hardships.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by 989900: 10:49pm On May 18, 2017
LordAdam16:
989900, [s]what was that trash you were posting earlier today.[/s]

The signs are all around for us to see.

A coup will happen in Nigeria and the sky will not fall.

Just pray Buhari does not die on that seat.

Me, I'm already planning my exit. The day coup happens, I turn diaspora Nigerian same day.

-Lord

Your opinion. Good luck to you.
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by PearlStreet(m): 10:49pm On May 18, 2017
LordAdam16:

And what do you think the SS would do? Fight with the eminently silly SW that never knows how to choose their battles against the evidently smart North?

If a coup happens, all the North has to do is keep the Northern-SS agreement of not trying to usurp control of SS oil and the SS would sit idly by as the North decimates anyone (and I mean anyone) that challenges them. We no dey stress ourselves. We always come to an understanding with the North and NEVER fight a losing battle.

Adaka Borro used his brain in 1967 and died a hero. Eventually we coerced Babangida to form OMPADEC before Obasanjo created NDDC and Yar'Adua created Ministry of Niger Delta and started the Amnesty Program.

We are experts at surviving in a country with changing alliances, so if the SW wants to resist a coup, you have a better chance of getting the SE to stand with you than the SS.

-Lord

I repeat, the SE is more useless than an eunuch's manhood. There is no single cause that the SE stood for that became successful.

The problem is that you see conflict as limited to military engagements. There is what you call economic warfare. The introduction of economic warfare in the Biafran war crippled the rebel government.

Besides, Go and find out, the major battles of the Biafran war involved Yorubas. Even today, the commander of the MNJTF is a Yoruba General.
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by hahn(m): 10:50pm On May 18, 2017
Habeyy:
he's from Turkey...I learnt it happened lyk that in Turkey

The guy no serious rara

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by donlucabrazi(m): 10:52pm On May 18, 2017
Oga remove the speck from your eye before the log from some one else's eye oo!

Buhari has a history of being toppled so I will not be surprised. Osibanjo will only be collateral damage
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by BlackOnassis(m): 10:53pm On May 18, 2017
mansakhalifa:
What Coup? Unless there is something I don't know,what we had in Cote d' Ivoire was a mutiny not a coup. Even the mutineers made it clear that it was just a mutiny and that they were not trying to take over the government. They just want their backlog of salaries and wages paid-that's all. So where is the 'coup' part coming from? Besides,I think we should stop worrying about the rest of Africa since they worry less about us. Unless our interests are going to be served. We spent about $12 billion and lost hundreds of men in Liberia and S/Leone and gained nothing. Let us start watching out for our interests only.

If what you are saying is correct, then those soldiers are very dumb. Mutiny is a very serious offence which should not be attempted without a coup. If one is going to be hanged or spend life in prison for mutiny, why not go for the real price (control of govt)? undecided undecided
Re: Osinbajo Condemns Coup In Cote D’ivoire Amid Similar Fears In Nigeria by Gozzy088: 10:53pm On May 18, 2017
Coup is not the best option oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Storm Daily Trust Abuja Office, Seize Phones, Computers (PICS) / Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Highlights Of Peter Obi's Rallies In Lagos, Kaduna, Uyo, Others (video/pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.